Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Kelly at Florida would shake up the SEC.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• We have had a number of teams with the spread-read-option-HUNH hybrids. I think he's a decent coach and would have some success.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The talent that he could recruit out of Florida would make that offense hum
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• meh
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Chip has the best BCS bowl rate (%) ever.
            4 for 4. Which, the biggest surprise to me is how Kelly was only Oregon’s head coach for four seasons... seemed like a longer tenure.
            The program he built even allowed Helfrich to make it to the title game in year two. Chip’s roster.
            As an offensive guy, that’d be a dangerous combination of Kelly’s offense + Florida’s history at defense. Since like 2008, Florida has had a great D every season (excluding 2017). Charlie Strong, DJ Durkin, Teryl Austin, Geoff Collins, Dan Quinn, and Randy Shannon at D coordinator helps.
            McElwainn + Nuss are no Chip Kelly when it comes to offense.

It’s the best realistic hire Florida could have. Though it’s hard to tell if Gruden has interest in Florida (jokingly saying).
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Before that he was their offensive coordinator but expected to be picked up as a head coach.

Comment

• I would like to see Florida hire Ron Zook back. I think he deserves another chance.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Heh ....
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    I would like to see Florida hire Ron Zook back. I think he deserves another chance.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      I would like to see Florida hire Ron Zook back. I think he deserves another chance.
                      Green Bay Packers special teams... looked pretty shaky vs the Lions.
                      Zook’s talents being misused as a NFL special teams coach.

Looking back, it’s impressive Zook actually led Illinois to a Rose Bowl game.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Collin Sexton scores 22 in the home opener. I think he will be good.

Comment

• shaddup
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The early line for the Iron Bowl has gone from -10.5 to -3 with my book. Wow. I don't think I have ever seen that with a Bama line. I think Vegas money is shifting this way down.

I read that over the last 15 years an 8-point shift early that gets a line under 5 points correlates with a SU win probability of 98% for the team it favors. In other words, Bama is fucked.

Comment

• You need to see what the line does when actual money starts coming in.

It's not particularly surprising the line would drop. Vegas sets their line on analytics. Auburn just experienced a massive jump with the Hawkeyeing of Georgia. Alabama probably took a small step back.

Auburn bumped up the S&P and Alabama slid a spot.

On eye test, Alabama has played 2 relatively decent teams as of late and managed a 14 point home win and a 7 point road win. Auburn is better than both those teams (despite their inexplicable 2nd half at Baton Rouge), and is at home. I'd put the line at 3 and the hook, maybe 4. 10 was crazy sauce.

But, Stidham is still a huge liability. Hurts >>> Stidham. UAT wins.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If Bama had two of the LBs we lost for the year back, I would be fairly confident. Compounding this, is our two best D-linemen are gimpy AF.

Saban uses the d-linemen to engage and neutralize the o-line and lets the LBs play clean-up. Gimpy DL means the o-line are getting to the LBs more than they have since 2007. With our more experienced LBs, they are able to slip and still make the play. Now, not so much. We have a true freshman playing who doesn't know the reads and god bless Keith Holcombe (special teams kid) who is a hard worker, but I am not sure he could slip past my elderly ass.

Oh, and it looks like our starting left OG is gonna miss the game with a high ankle. This game is gonna break my heart. I can tell it right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X