Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so sad
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well, there's nothing else the two of us can say about it. You know it's true, but of course you can't acknowledge it. Here, we have not much else to hang on to, for now.

But we both know it.

Comment

• lol....M fans are like a club pool player that just got hustled by a pro...they STILL think they can win...but, but...[insert excuse]...Sure, let's play again. Double or nothing. LOL.

I think I enjoy the desperate rationalizations even more than the muted acceptance of their bitchseat role.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I do love fans who just *know* they don't have sketchy boosters at the same time they just KNOW a team they have no connection to does.

It's hilarious and a bit sad what chronic jealousy and disappointment does to a fan.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Michigan has sketchy boosters. It also has a compliance program that's very aggressive about it. We've talked up the evidence before. You two aren't in a position to acknowledge it. I am admittedly in a position to exaggerate the impact. It's a shame that the joy and purity of college sports is polluted with this stuff, but it is and that's not going to change.

But, ultimately, the point is that Michigan fans know what it's like to watch their football team insert that dagger all on their own. OSU fan's just don't.

Comment

• LOL. Classic shit.

Hack may be the single poorest loser I've ever come across. And he's had SOOOOO much practice. Really balms my soul.

Comment

• "Evidence". lol. Perfect.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Its sad that some M fans (at least one of them) have to resort to a feigned moral superiority fallacy rather than true introspection.

Just because ya lose doesn't mean you are more clean.
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• To be clear, I am not yanking your chains. I am a true believer in not having rules unless they are to be followed, be it in DC or in sports or anywhere else. I truly believe that Michigan is cleaner in a relative sense than your two programs and many others. Especially OSU. We know a lot about that one. I also truly believe that this significant difference starts with a fundamental culture baked in the DNA. Michigan, as an institution, holds itself to a higher standard. I am really looking forward to the post-amateurism/post-NCAA days, when being morally inferior off the field is no longer a major on-the-field advantage.

But if anyone just wanted to just merely yank your chains, you two, there's a pretty clear blueprint available. Any mention of ethics in college football and you both are right there ready with the same old LOLs and insults and unsupported assertions.

Comment

• Still hilarious. And soul-balming.

Makes watching OSU drive the dagger through the soul of M's program last year all the more sweeter. So just.

Comment

• Every school has sketchy boosters (insert Fab Five and Tractor Traylor references here)...every damn school.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• None of what hack says is unsupported. The examples and the evidence have been chronicled in this forum and before that at world crossing for the better part of a decade. College football amateurism is all done on the honor system, provided you don't do something incredibly stupid like order up some hookers using an FOIA-able device. A complete lack of enforcement of the rules of amateurism, combined with a wide variation in fans' attitudes towards following those rules is a recipe for utter disaster.

In our case, the Michigan fan base has held one of the more naive views of this situation out of all of the major programs. This has hurt us in the past but I think that is slowly changing.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; November 29, 2017, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Ed Martin says.....HI!
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Funny stuff. Needed the chuckles. Thanks to all.

Comment

• The examples and the evidence have been chronicled in this forum
                                LOL.

Who knew the SEC thread was going to be so great today?

Comment

Working...
                                X