Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    Okay, I concede the point. They should have gotten the Death Penalty. I hate the Mississippiii schools.
    The punishment should be sufficient to act as an effective deterrent. This is doubly important in a system that relies almost entirely on self reporting. I don't think that any punishments for 15+ years, other than USC's maybe, have been sufficient in this regard. Although I will say that the Ole Miss punishment was more than I expected. That's not saying much though. If you offered me a deal as a UM fan that we could enjoy a period of glorious overacheivement at the cost of returning us to where we just were (or maybe just a little lower), then I would take that deal instantly.

All that I really care about is competitive parity, and programs not gaining an advantage on one another by choosing whether to follow or not follow poorly enforced rules. Relying on programs' honor to give up a major competitive advantage like payola is positively disastrous for competitive parity. I can't think of a single example from another walk of life where people attempt this. I don't otherwise give a flying fuck about amateurism, which is why I am all for decriminalization at this point.

Comment

• LEGALIZE IT

Comment

• After Georgia beats Auburn today... Gus to Arkansas and Kiffin to Auburn? That’d be fun.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Phillip Fulmer is one hilarious snake in the grass.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            Phillip Fulmer is one hilarious snake in the grass.
            Indeed ..... probably some great background stuff on his activity leading to the firing of the guy that fired him, John Currie.

Fulmer is said to be looking at Auburn DC Kevin Steele and USC OC Tee Martin as HC.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Fulmer is horrible.

He was the secret witness against Alabama. This arrangement broke SEC bylaws and Fulmer wanted the arrangement kept quiet, but once the various lawsuits happened, that anonymity was gone.

Fulmer also recruited a couple of Bama players away from Bama and his own coach offered $50,000 for Albert Means to sign (that coach was outbid by Bama booster, Logan Young).

He is a liar and a backstabber. Tennessee will continue to get what's coming to them as long as he is associated with the program.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Ric Flair tossed his hat in the ring for the Tennessee head football coach

Comment

• Lane Kiffin just won the C-USA championship game. FAU is 10-3. Their best record ever.

Comment

• lol@Auburn

Comment

• Yep.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Boy, Gary Danielson sure is shilling for Bama.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Gus to Arky?

Comment

• I hope so. Auburn upheaval is good for Bama.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              Boy, Gary Danielson sure is shilling for Bama.
                              It won't matter. We needed our only loss to be to the SEC champs. A loss to a 3-loss suckbutt Auburn team isn't impressive.

Comment

• They don't deserve to be in, but they will be.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X