Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see that, Hannibal. He is highly strung, but many successful people are. I'm friends with a lot of type A surgeons. There are some similarities. I've read about the Steve Jobs and Ray Krocs of the world and seen some similarities there, too. I think they all love what they do but they definitely have a suppressed affability gene.

As an aside, ran across this today. It's a few years old, but I think Ezell did a decent job.

[ame]https://youtu.be/0pJSjq6rWzQ[/ame]
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The mania of coaching makes sense to me. You have to get a bunch of individuals to stop using their brains to make a bunch of calculations they normally would make, and instead act in unison and at an effort level exceptionally difficult to sustain. It makes more sense that coaches are maniacs, therefore, than well-balanced individuals.

Comment

• Decent point, hack.

And Saban is much more mellow now than when he started at Bama nearly 11 years ago. His new found situational laid-back ways has me a bit leery. Hope he doesn't lose his fire.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Mike Shula was very affable. Very laid back. RB would run the wrong play, fumble the ball, have the rush end scoop and score and Shula would stare blankly and clap. You could miss practice and film room time and team meetings and still start. The media and opposing coaches loved him. LOVED him.

Comment

• You guys make some good points, I still reserve the right to this it's kind of silly.

Comment

• This is America, froot. You have the right to hold and voice any opinion. I disagree with you, but I will support your right.

In fact, I would gladly lay down Talent's life in support of that right.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

In fact, I would gladly lay down Talent's life in support of that right.
                Or a can of Keystone Light.

Comment

• That or Busch Light. Only the high quality stuff.

Comment

• talent refuses to go anywhere near bush..
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Is that why Wiz says he started manscaping?

Comment

• disturbing

Comment

• That's kinda wiz' brand.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            I don't see that, Hannibal. He is highly strung, but many successful people are. I'm friends with a lot of type A surgeons. There are some similarities. I've read about the Steve Jobs and Ray Krocs of the world and seen some similarities there, too. I think they all love what they do but they definitely have a suppressed affability gene.

As an aside, ran across this today. It's a few years old, but I think Ezell did a decent job.

https://youtu.be/0pJSjq6rWzQ
                            I don't think that it's being high string as much as having expectations that are so off the charts that he can't get joy out of winning. e.g. his post-game interview after his first Alabama NC. Instead of being overjoyed at winning a championship he looked miserable because he didn't get to beat Texas with Colt McCoy. Like he got cheated out of the glory of a championship and he couldn't enjoy a season that was only 99.9% perfect.

I dunno. Just my view from where I am sitting.

Comment

• I don't get that impression at all, not even a little bit, but I have only chatted with him briefly twice, and though I have followed him closely for the last 11 years and at arm's-length the 5 years he was at LSU, I'm not close enough to him to know his internal dialogue or hazard an honest and informed guess at such things, so I will not argue the point.

That said, it doesn't matter to me even if your opinion is right. I like the results. Whether he's torn or conflicted or just does it for the money or hates losing more than he loves winning or whatever, I couldn't care less. Just keep winning.

Comment

• Yes, but is he a better HC than Brady Hoke? Has that debate ever been resolved?
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X