Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pearl have a little issue with a bama coach today?

Comment

• our one true chance to beat Kansas with this class and our leading scorer is out with a foot injury

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
        pearl have a little issue with a bama coach today?
        The Bama basketball S&C coach was standing on the court after the game. Pearl walked into him and they had words. Pearl thinks he was "standing there on purpose to be in his way."

In other words, Bruce was pissed that his team got run out of the gym and was looking for a fight.

You can see this nothingburger by looking at the rearview mirror part of the clip below.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Face Kentucky tomorrow at noon central. They match up well against us, but even with a loss, I think we get in.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The strength coach was being a typical musclehead, "I ain't moving for nobody", and was looking to cause Pearl to step around him. Pearl could have and should have, but the musclehead instigated it.

Jesus, how many times have you seen this type of guy in a bar looking to start some shit by getting bumped into. Same fucking thing.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              The strength coach was being a typical musclehead, "I ain't moving for nobody", and was looking to cause Pearl to step around him. Pearl could have and should have, but the musclehead instigated it.

Jesus, how many times have you seen this type of guy in a bar looking to start some shit by getting bumped into. Same fucking thing.
              What? Lmao. That's crazy. I disagree completely. The guy was standing there with his arms folded in front of him to make himself smaller and Pearl walked the fuck into him.

Now, if your contention is that the S&C coach saw Pearl off in the distance, and triangulated his potential course and ran over, established position and waited for Pearl to shoulder him...hell, even with that, it's 100% on Pearl.

Comment

• Hell, there was a guy to to the S&C coach's right shoulder, and even if he was paying attention to if Pearl was coming his way, he couldn't have veered that way. He could have started backpedaling, I guess...yeah, no.
                Last edited by AlabamAlum; March 9, 2018, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Watch it again. Hell, he was setting a pick. He could have easily stepped out of the way (so could Pearl)

He was just trying to show Pearl that his dick was bigger.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think you're looking at another game, CG.

Here:

You see a guy in crowd standing still with his arms folded (with someone else directly to his right) and Pearl walks directly into him while looking at him as he does it and you blame the guy standing still?

The only thing that should have happened was Pearl saying "excuse me; my bad" and the S&C coach saying "no problem".

Comment

• I agree with CGVT that the S&C coach sort of looked like he was being a bad-ass and could be perceived as blocking traffic. Pearl was having none of it, as he could clearly see someone right in front of him and instigated the situation.

Comment

• Hahaha...

I think you're both crazy. At the very least, you're both wrongly reading intent and issuing blame to a guy standing still in a crowd and making the guy who initiated contact the victim.

I hope we are at a game together one day. And I hope I see you standing still in a crowd because I am going to powerwalk directly into you and then wait for you to apologize to me for standing in a place that I had decided to walk through.

Then I am gonna call you a musclehead looking for a fight after you issue me an apology.

My advice to you is this: If you're standing quietly someplace with your arms folded in front of you and you see me coming, you had best get the fuck outta my way. (Haha.. Just ridiculous sounding to even type out).

If you see me coming better step aside,
                        A lot of men didn't, a lot of men died,
                        One fist of iron, the other of steel,
                        If the right one don't get you, the left one will

Comment

• It is ridiculous, but it is a typical musclehead move.

Comment

• I hope we are at a game together one day. And I hope I see you standing still in a crowd because I am going to powerwalk directly into you and then wait for you to apologize to me for standing in a place that I had decided to walk through.
                            First I would never stand with my arms crossed like that facing many people who are walking right by me - let alone the HC of the team who just lost the game.

Comment

• And Lou Deneen is one of the quietest and most passive strength coaches you could ever meet. He is the anti-Scott Cochran. I am not a fan of his. Not that any of that matters. But this is 110% on Pearl.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                                First I would never stand with my arms crossed like that facing many people who are walking right by me - let alone the HC of the team who just lost the game.
                                He had people to his right. His only move was to backpedal. This is silly. But stand still and I am walking through you. Your obligation is to move out of where I want to walk. Period. Or I will walk through you. Just remember that.

Comment

Working...
                                X