Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas? A tough out? Fuck that. You are an idiot if you believe that team is a non-cupcake. Wait ..... you're an idiot no matter what.

And good morning to you, sir.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Bama beats the hogs by 30+.

Comment

• Yeah, I hoped you would like that.

However, honestly, Arkansas really isn't as bad as people think. Their D is very solid. They held TAMU to 377 yards which is better than what Clemson and Alabama did. Honestly, take away the special teams' miscues and the Hogs beat the Aggies.

Anomaly, you say? Consider this: They also held Auburn to 225 yards of offense which is much better than what Washington or LSU did.

So, their D is good and the O is not good, but seems to be improving. Thier special teams are ...not good.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Undefeated teams:

SEC:

Alabama
          Georgia
          LSU
          Kentucky

BigTen:

Ohio State

ACC:

Clemson
          NC State

BigXII:

Oklahoma
          West Virginia

Pac-12

Colorado

American:

Cincinnati
          South Florida
          UCF

Independent:

Notre Dame

(Winless teams:

UTEP
          San Jose State
          Nebraska
          UCLA)
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Talent,

Arkie outgained the Rams in total yardage. The Razorbacks blew a 27-9 late lead. Complete 4th quarter breakdown.

The Arkansas D held the North Texas offense to the fewest yards they have had all season, 376 total yards. NT had 2 NOTs: a trick 90-yard punt return for a TD and a pick six. Arkie, threw 6 picks on the day. Ugly game offensively.

Comment

• AP Top 25 by conference:

SEC:

1. Alabama
                2. Georgia
                5. LSU
                8. Auburn
                13. Kentucky
                22. Florida

BigTen:

3. Ohio State
                11. Penn State
                15. Michigan
                16. Wisconsin
                20. Michigan State

ACC:

4. Clemson
                17. Miami
                23. NC State
                24. VaTech

BigXII:

7. Oklahoma
                9. West Virginia
                19. Texas
                25. Oklahoma State

Pac-12:

10. Washington
                14. Stanford
                18. Oregon
                21. Colorado

Independent:

6. Notre Dame

American:

12. UCF

The official page for the AP Top 25 college football poll, a tradition since 1936. Keep up to date and view the latest ranking updates each week.

Comment

• I'm sure it's nice watching Tua run skeleton, but at some point I'd think you'd want to get excited about a game. Alabama will go two full months playing almost no one with a pulse. Perhaps that's harsh on aTm and Mizzou, but both those games were/are at home. It's literally a two-game season. I have to think the LSU game is the tougher ask even thought I think Auburn is probably better (though, their offense has been poopy). Night game on the road against a team that actually has comparably athletes -- first time all year for that. That one will be tough even thought I think LSU's offense is poopier than Auburn's.

But, anyway -- I was got off-track. As a fan, this has to start to kind of suck. I know I'm not looking forward to Ohio State's 2019 schedule. I mean, yay -- it's set up nice. But they only have 4 potentially challenging games, and the first 3 are at home, with the inevitable loss to HARBAUGH!!!! as the last game. Penn State is the 11th game (thank you, Delaney for that back-to-back). That's gonna sorta suck.

All of this is to say that Alabama and Ohio State should do a perpetual home and home until either The Nick or UFM dies. CFP be damned.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• No. Actually, I love this. My frayed nerves are not so frayed this year.

As far as the season, Mizzou will give us a time. We have real holes in the secondary. Not sandbagging. We lost a ton off of D, the entire secondary. We are starting a couple of kids who were playing HS ball last year. They are a team that can exploit that youth to a degree. I was a bit worried about MissState, but their stock is down a bit. LSU at night in Baton Rouge will be tough, Auburn will be tough, and if we win all those, we have Georgia in Atlanta.

I would love a Bama-Ohio State series. Except maybe rotate play at Lucas Oil and Jerry World.

Comment

• Just no on Missouri. No. But otherwise, sure.

I would love a Bama-Ohio State series. Except maybe rotate play at Lucas Oil and Jerry World.
                      That would be nice. I know the CFP generally shits on 2-loss teams, so they don't really reward you for tough OoC games if you lose. But, that'd be a lot of fun. Make it happen, Nurse Betty!

Comment

• I would love it. If both Bama and Ohio State hold serve, we will see each other in the CFP. Also noted that Nurenburg(sp?) was still kicking for Ohio State. What is he? An 8th year senior? I swear he was your kicker the last time we played.

Comment

• the reason you only have 3-4 potentially challenging games is because only 3-4 teams can recruit from your conference year after year for the blue chippers to give you a challenge. the rest of us get the scraps

throw in the fact the Non conference for those elite programs is nothing more then preseason

soon as the playoffs started ----programs took the Snyder approach and started going with the cupcakes until conference started

1 win usually wont knock you out but lose 1 of your non conference games thrown in with a conference loss and unless your an sec 2 loss team you aren't going anywhere near the BCS

but you know that -just like last year

its too bad because pennstate could run the table finish 11-1 and not even make it out of the big 10
                          Last edited by crashcourse; October 1, 2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Nurenburg(sp?)
                            It's Sean Nuernberger, but he always be the Nuremberg Trials to me. If a game ever comes down to his leg I'm going to shoot crashcourse in the face with Civil War vintage cannon from 5 feet.

Comment

• Well, I am for shooting Crash regardless of his kicking prowess or lack thereof.

Comment

• An exceeding amount of comity this fine morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X