Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• This is fairly impressive, too:
      Attached Files
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Here is TOSUC:

Attached Files
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And M. Woof.

Attached Files

Comment

• Half of those vs one school...

Comment

• Bama's 5 are 2 Clemson, 2 Auburn, and Ohio State, as well.

Fucking bucknuts...

Comment

• I should look at how many of those teams actually finished in the top 10 or were top 10 going into bowl/playoff game. I'd guess maybe everyone on Ohio State's list except 2018 PSU.

Alabama definitely loses 2012 M -- it's a little nonsensical that they get credit for beating 2012 M and OSU does not.

I say going into bowl/playoff because that's fundamentally end of season and it's "like on like".
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Properly counting those 12 wins places OSU ahead of M in all-time winning percentage. Given the news and reports of various schools paying huge amounts of cash or using PEDs or whatever, I just have to chuckle at kids selling their own shit. And the firestorm that story was versus the non-story of people on tape saying their schools pay gads of cash.

Comment

• Well, these guys did top 10 at the time, not me. Fwiw, they aren't Bama fans that I can tell. And they did that graphic on all P5 teams I believe. But I wouldn't mind seeing an end of the year graphic. Remember when we could talk DSL into doing those kind of chores? He's all politics all the time now.

Comment

• Fwiw, looking at final ranking of OSU's, I think you lose all three from 2018.

USC from 2017
                      Neb from 2016
                      ND from 2015

So, that's 6 you lose. Didn't look at who you might have added. That's too much like a DSL job.

Comment

• I say going into bowl/playoff because that's fundamentally end of season and it's "like on like".

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• My mileage does vary. In particular, with ND, Washington and USC, the reason they dropped out of the top 10 after the bowl game was that Ohio State beat them. So you have top 10 matchup and because you win you longer have a top 10 matchup.

I'm more sympathetic to, say, not counting 2018 M because they were whipped by Florida.

Comment

• In any event, UAT loses M, LSU, aTm, LSU, Georgia, aTm, LSU, Tennessee (LMAO), aTm, Florida State and, if you're requiring both coaches and AP, Auburn. So, 11-5 (counting 2017 Auburn). I don't know if they gain anyone.

Ohio State loses 2015 ND (#11/#12), 2016 UNL (LOL), 2018 PSU, M, Washington (lol at them ranked below Wazzu). They do not lose 2017 USC (#11AP/#10 coaches).

They gain 2016 Oklahoma (#3 on the road) and 2013 Clemson (bowl loss).

So, 9-5.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X