Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard to believe you couldn't win up a piece

its impossible though to checkmate with just a bishop or knight by itself isn't it?

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well, Magnus is a competitor.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Masterful to pull a draw in that position.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• draw

Comment

• And you can mate with a bishop and a knight, but not either one on its own on a bare board.

You can smother mate with a lone knight or a snipe mate with a lone bishop, but that is a help mate in that it requires other pieces restricting the king's movement.

Comment

• I was gonna post that AA...fucker
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Still a bit upset. I know it was grueling and they had been at it for hours, but Fabi missing mate....well, remember this game. I would not be surprised if it came back to haunt him.

Comment

Comment

• I know Sopika, Sasha and Peter were having a hard time finding a way to get there.

Comment

Comment

• Fabi was better starting around move 30. He was clearly better around move 50. At move 66, he had mate. And while it's true that the mate would be a number of moves after move 66, it wouldn't have been some Herculean task. Each move like an obvious step between two points, dominoes falling, whatever bit of visual imagery you want - once the winning move was played. And Magnus would have resigned around move 70. Fabi wouldn't even have had to go through the formality.

Comment

Comment

• 1400? I could have sworn you were playing at at 1500 level the last time we played.

Comment

• In reading the recap, it says the computer saw it in 30 moves at 66 but by 68 it was no longer a winning position

Comment

Working...
                                X