Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think people were surprised. They were mad that they knew that this was his strategy, draw until the tiebreaks. Its like a soccer team in the World Cup playing for the shootout.

Comment

• And Magnus wins it.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yep blowout in the tiebreak

Comment

• https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...125496361/Amp/
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Prediction?

Pain.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I was watching that movie the other night, Rocky 3 exposes the biggest flaw of the whole franchise. Apollo is retired, not in fighting shape yet all throughout the movie and in the 5 minute training montage it is clear he is the the far superior fighter. Apollo has to drag Rocky's ass up to his level, he even throws the final sprint on the beach to make Rocky feel good about himself after dusting him all of the previous times.

Comment

• froot...you ignorant slut...you are missing all the dynamics of this classic tale...first of all Rocky was so downtrodden due to the humbling loss at the hands of Clubber Lang which was due to Mickey dying in his arms. The guilt he felt was overwhelming as Mickey tried to talk Rocky into retiring because Lang was a wrecking machine as he called him. He said he would kill him inside 3 rounds...when in fact the prelim to the fight is what killed Mickey...do you not see the irony? Then a motivated Creed who clearly just wants a chance at Rocky in a sparring duel...which can clearly only happen if Rocky overcomes the vaunted Lang and his guilt and fears...offers to train Rocky for the chance at that "favor". The unmotivated Rocky travels to the streets of LA where Creed starts the rebuild of Rocky...but as it turns out the one who turns him around was his real rock...Adrian...who in one speech transforms Balboa into an unstoppable animal to take on the Mauler from Chicago. I have to give this one a big thumbs up. Now Rocky V...that one I can live without.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm not missing anything about the tale, but Apollo is bigger, faster, stronger. He had to do the yeoman's work to get Rocky up to his level. And he's not really an unstoppable animal, he played the rope a dope strategy to tire out Clubber.

Comment

• Rocky was always the meathead, hard-hitting slugger with an iron jaw who could take a pounding before he launched hurt bombs at his gassed opponent.

Comment

• EFZ...witness his exhibition against the much younger Mason Dixon in Rocky VI...brute strength almost won him the impossible.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...and AA knows a thing or two about meatheads...he's good buddies with Talent...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• All of your protestations don't dismiss my main point about the flaw of Rocky 3. You guys know I'm right about the beach sprint, no way does Rocky ever beat Apollo. He could maybe beat Chubbs Peterson in a beach sprint, but not Apollo.
                          Last edited by froot loops; November 30, 2018, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Rocky had deceiving speed...like Zeke Elliott...remember him running the streets of South Philly? He left those kids chasing him in the dust! Frankly your racist attitude of just assuming the black guy is faster than the white guy is quite disturbing as well. hack and Jon will be most displeased...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That's the thing, its not an assumption, it is shown on the beach.

Comment

• Rocky was clearly not himself. Now stop being a racist piag.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X