Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because all the 'good' teams play a 'bad' team this week; really bad for TV ratings...

It happens every single week in the ACC except for when Louisville, FSU or Clemson are playing each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
      Because all the 'good' teams play a 'bad' team this week; really bad for TV ratings...

It happens every single week in the ACC except for when Louisville, FSU or Clemson are playing each other.

Ahh. So the "good" SEC teams are essentially off is what was meant.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It would not surprise me for Missouri to win. They should have beaten Georgia. LSU right now is one dimensional due to bad QB play.

Ole Miss faces a very good Memphis team. It's not a sexy game, though.

Bama plays Kentucky and Stoops has his back against the wall. Bama should win but it won't be a blowout.

I also think that Vandy/UF will be closer than many think. The Gators have some of the same problems as LSU.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That is exactly how I took it but those weren't my words.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
            That is exactly how I took it but those weren't my words.
            In retrospect, it must be. Otherwise it is illogical. I need coffee.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              It would not surprise me for Missouri to win. They should have beaten Georgia. LSU right now is one dimensional due to bad QB play.

Ole Miss faces a very good Memphis team. It's not a sexy game, though.

Bama plays Kentucky and Stoops has his back against the wall. Bama should win but it won't be a blowout.

I also think that Vandy/UF will be closer than many think. The Gators have some of the same problems as LSU.
              We are all tired of your sandbaggery, blowing up the capabilities of SEC teams that just suck and downplaying Alabama's huge talent advantage over just about every CFB team except maybe osu who may also have a better coach than The Nick.

Are you really Paul Finebaum? I'm getting suspicious.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                We are all tired of your sandbaggery, blowing up the capabilities of SEC teams that just suck and downplaying Alabama's huge talent advantage over just about every CFB team except maybe osu who may also have a better coach than The Nick.

Are you really Paul Finebaum? I'm getting suspicious.
                Not sure what you are talking about.

* I was wrong on the USC game. I had no idea the Trojans would suck so bad.

* Bama was a 29-point favorite against Western Kentucky. We did NOT cover. If you had bet as I suggested, you would be in the money.

* Bama was an 11-point favorite over Ole Miss. We did not cover. (As I suggested). Again. Money Town.

* I didn't suggest that the game against Kent State should be bet. I did predict a 40-point win, though.

* Kentucky: we will win 28-11 or something close. If the line is > 18, It is a play I would look at.
                Last edited by AlabamAlum; September 25, 2016, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• And, for the record, Paul Finebaum is a Tennessee alum. His schtick is to say things to get people to listen. Truth and accuracy are not things he concerns himself with. Only the lowest common denominator of society listens to (or concerns himself with) what is said by the Jerry Springer of CFB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Memphis will give Ole Miss a game.

Tennessee plays A&M and Bama in back to back weeks and then A&M plays Bama Oct. 22. So by then there'll only be 1 undefeated SEC team, at most.

No SEC team will be undefeated by then imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      Undefeated teams in the SEC (4-0):

Alabama
                      TAMU
                      Tennessee

One loss teams (3-1):

Arkansas
                      Florida
                      Georgia
                      Alabama v A&M
                      Alabama @ Tennessee
                      Alabama @ Arkansas
                      A&M v Tennessee
                      Arkansas v Florida
                      Florida v Georgia
                      Georgia v Tennessee

So that's 7 guaranteed losses to be distributed among those 6 SEC teams.

Tennessee and Bama both have tough Octobers followed by what should be easier Novembers (Alabama's is without question tougher than UT's though.).

Comment

• Les Miles reportedly fired. Nick Saban is now the so-called "Dean of SEC Coaches."

Comment

• Old as dirt, enjoy it while you can. LLLLLLoyd beat him 3 times in a row...

Comment

• And Nick being "Dean" makes me laugh my ass off at the folks who assured me Nick would be gone in two years tops.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                              Old as dirt, enjoy it while you can. LLLLLLoyd beat him 3 times in a row...
                              Negative. Bama and Michigan have only played once under Saban's tenure. And Bama won.

Comment

• Wait. You were talking about MSU.

That's like the 10th time someone here has referenced what Saban did nearly 20 years ago at MSU. Is this a B1G thing? I mean, do you guys do "gotchas" for Urban's time at Bowling Green? Should I look up some Harbaugh losses at San Diego State (or whatever it was)? Because I want to fit in. And when in Ypsilanti...

Comment

Working...
                                X