Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undefeated teams in the SEC (conference record):

Alabama (2-0)
    TAMU (3-0)
    Tennessee (2-0)

One loss teams (conference record):

Arkansas (0-1)
    Florida (2-1)

Two loss teams (conference record):

Georgia (0-2)
    Ole Miss (1-1)
    Auburn (1-1)
    Miss State (1-1)
    LSU (2-1)

Three loss teams (conference record):

Kentucky (1-2)
    Missouri (0-2)
    South Carolina (1-3)
    Vandy (0-2)
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Week 6 games:

LSU@Florida
      Auburn@MissState
      Tenn@TAMU
      Vandy@Kentucky
      Bama@Arkansas
      Georgia@South Carolina

Byes: Missouri, Ole Miss
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Bama is largely flawed. True freshman QB and a true freshman OLineman. Starting. And we have two true freshmen in the RB rotation, and a true freshman in the WR rotation. The RBs and WR due to injury. The QB and OL due to, well, the others suck.

Our defense is nasty, but flawed. Playing bump and run man-to-man is fine as long as a corner doesn't bite on a double move and get lost. Which seemed to happen a lot against Ole Miss.

Comment

• It is very likely that the nation's longest win streak comes to an end in FayetteNam this Saturday. The Akansas QB has a higher rating than Chad Kelly at Ole Miss, Greg Ward at Houston, and Lamar Jackson at Louisville. Very accurate, nice arm, and smart.

The Arkansas D is aggressive on the permeter and likes to pressure QBs. Bama's QB was playing in HS this time last year, we're banged up, and not playing anywhere close to championship ball. Throw in a raucous crowd of Arkansas hilljacks liquored up on moonshine and the Tide is likely going down.

Comment

• That's some high quality sandbaggery. You been practicin'?
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I don't sandbag. I am an honest purveyor of truth and wisdom. The smart people listen. Others? Well, those folks do the best that they can with what they have to work with.

Comment

• Arkansas lost to Texas A&M 45-24 and beat Louisiana Tech (1-3) by 1-pt. Bama maybe flawed relative to their NT teams of the past decade but they aren't on the schedule.

Texas A&M really will be a huge test, a game I'll certainly make an effort to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                  Arkansas lost to Texas A&M 45-24 and beat Louisiana Tech (1-3) by 1-pt. Bama maybe flawed relative to their NT teams of the past decade but they aren't on the schedule.

Texas A&M really will be a huge test, a game I'll certainly make an effort to watch.
                  LaTech was game 1 and they weren't ready. That's on Bert. But they still won, and a game 1 win is a win.

TAMU was a tough game. It was 24-17 in the fourth quarter and Arkansas unravelled. That was one of those games where the score didn't reflect the overall toughness of the game. The Hogs had more first downs and almost 500 yards of offense, but three lost Arkansas fumbles led directly to 17 Aggie points.

Their big game was beating TCU in Ft. Worth. Their other wins are against garbage, but don't sell the Hogs short.

Comment

• Sandbagging, I'll give you 6 points, you taking the Hogs?

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                      Sandbagging, I'll give you 6 points, you taking the Hogs?

I don't sandbag.

I wouldn't bet this game. Last time in Arkansas, a much better Bama team beat a much worse Hog team 14-13. I will say that I think the line will be Bama -10.5 or somesuch and if I HAD to bet I would take the Hogs and the points.

Comment

• Bammer > Chuck Norris
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I can see Bama loosing this one. I've watched a little over a quarter of Bama play. Their O is on a par with M's. Parts are missing despite talent and potential. I think M's D is better. Better coached front to back. Small sample size.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Bama's rush D is better. Michigan's pass D is better. Nationally, Bama is 3rd in rushing defense and Michigan is 24th. In pass D, Michigan in 2nd and Bama is 27th.

Statistically they are very similar in scoring defense: 12.4 ppg vs 13.0 ppg; and total D: 248 ypg to 256 ypg. Most have Bama's SoS higher at present.

Comment

• shaddup
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wiz,

Hello...

Comment

Working...
                                X