4. Rangers (.609)
      5. D-Backs (.600)

Worst Records in baseball (a new number1!):

1. Royals (.261)
      2. A’s (.264)
      3. Cardinals (.386)
      4. Nationals (.397)
      5. Rockies (.403)
      The thing about the worst record group, some otherwise historically good teams in there. I still lmao at the Cards.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Fuck the Cards.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The great thing about the Cardinals’ demise is that their insufferable fans like to call themselves “The Yankees of the NL” because they are #2 behind NY in World Series wins.

Well, this year, they are number 1 in the NL in the Worst Record list.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Lot of Cardinal fans in Nebraska...before the Royals and Rockies came to be that was the regional team to follow apparently...I've always fucking hated them since becoming a Braves fan in 1974...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Old Scribe used to be a Braves fan, but he never forgave them for ditching Boston.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• heh
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• One of my favorite World Series of all time was when the '68 Tigers beat the "unbeatable" St. Louis Cardinals, with Bob Gibson, Curt Flood, and Lou Brock.

Bob Gibson was tough, but Mickey Lolich was the iron man.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Best and worst run differential:

Best:

1. Rangers, +148
                    2. Rays, +143
                    3. Braves, +100
                    4. Astros, +48
                    4. Giants, +48

Worst:

1. A’s, -203
                    2. Royals, -112
                    3. Rockies, -98
                    4. Tigers, -76
                    5. White Sox, -57
                    Last edited by AlabamAlum; June 19, 2023, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• STFU
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        One of my favorite World Series of all time was when the '68 Tigers beat the "unbeatable" St. Louis Cardinals, with Bob Gibson, Curt Flood, and Lou Brock.

Bob Gibson was tough, but Mickey Lolich was the iron man.
                        Yup. Lolich pitched the seventh game on two days' rest. Nowadays, starting pitchers rest four days and hope to go 6 innings for a "quality start".

Comment

• Lolich won three games in that series. Denny Mclain won the other. And McLain was the 31-game winner during the regular season.

I don't think any other pitcher has won 3 games in a World Series since then.

And I doubt that any pitcher will ever approach 31 wins in a season.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Randy Johnson did it in 2001 but got the third win as a reliever in Game 7. Only one I can think of off the top of my head cuz it was an "unusual" way to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                              Lolich won three games in that series. Denny Mclain won the other. And McLain was the 31-game winner during the regular season.

I don't think any other pitcher has won 3 games in a World Series since then.

And I doubt that any pitcher will ever approach 31 wins in a season.
                              Randy Johnson of the 2001 World Series between the Arizona Diamondbacks and the New York Yankees says hi.
                              "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                              My friend Ken L

Comment

• Man Randy was so dominant that year. Arizona rose him and Schilling hard and put them away wet that postseason.
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X