No announcement yet.

Michigan vs Hawaii Post-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speight is only a sophomore. Perhaps the expectations for O'Korn were too high. It's not like Speight wasn't rated. He suffered from not being able to play his Junior year. It sounds like he is hard worker (working with Clarkson and House). He sounds like the type to be able to grow because of his size.

Comment

Michigan 45, Hawaii 7. The first of three non-conference cupcakes for the maize and blue. If Kordell Stewart and Michael Westbrook were still playing for Colorado, the non-con might not be so easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye Paul View Post
        Michigan 45, Hawaii 7. The first of three non-conference cupcakes for the maize and blue. If Kordell Stewart and Michael Westbrook were still playing for Colorado, the non-con might not be so easy.

I don't agree with that. Stewart and Westbrook are both in their mid forties. If they were still playing for Colorado, even the NCAA might find that unacceptable.

Comment

LOL!

Comment

Speight was a low three-star recruit.

Comment

He was a mid-upper 3 everywhere and a 4 star at ESPN.

Comment

re: M RB's, Mike Hart and Chris Perry were good but since, M hasn't been able to recruit and develop any playmakers at the position. M has had more 5-star busts than 1st team all B1G since Hart.

Yes, I meant since the tail end of Carr's tenure.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueInCostaRica View Post
                  I don't agree with that. Stewart and Westbrook are both in their mid forties. If they were still playing for Colorado, even the NCAA might find that unacceptable.
                  Hmmm... Well played, Blue in Costa Rica. Welcome aboard.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    Didn't some of that have to do with him missing his Junior year?

I have no dog in the fight, but I he seems like the type that does improve.

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      Hmmm... Well played, Blue in Costa Rica. Welcome aboard.
                      Actually, Liney, been aboard since the FREEP days. Just under different names. Retired to Costa Rica about two years ago.

Comment

A great place to be. My better half has a family home in Heredia and we go down there once or twice a year. Wouldn't mind retiring there myself down the road!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueInCostaRica View Post
                          Actually, Liney, been aboard since the FREEP days. Just under different names. Retired to Costa Rica about two years ago.
                          Blue in Wisconsin?

If not, care to share with us what you posted under in your previous life? :-)

At any rate, welcome back!

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            But Borges said he could make all the throws. My disappointment is with O'Korn because I thought Speight was very beatable.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Same here.

Speight was really bad as a RS frosh (9 of 25 for 73 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT). He looked better in the spring game, but not by enough to make me think that he is suddenly going to be a good QB, and we'll need one of those to beat Iowa, MSU, and OSU.

Comment

I have the same concerns. When Speight came in against Minnesota, he looked like Shane Morris did when he got his concussion. I'll grant him that he managed well on the TD drive that clinched the game, but man, that was a hairy experience.

At least he's got about 3 games before things start getting serious.

Comment

Working...
                                X