No announcement yet.

Michigan vs Hawaii Post-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting a happy face on the QB situation think about this. In his Monday presser, which had about ZERO useful information, he did say one intriguing thing when answering a question regarding what kinds of things he was looking for in his starter and I'll paraphrase:

The big thing, the most important thing is moving the (Michigan) offense, finishing, scoring points, winning (in live, real football games). None of our QBs have demonstrated that yet. That's the most important thing.

I take that to mean while Speight is getting the first snaps he has to prove he can do what JH is looking for under the pressure of a live game, on TV and in front of 100K+ fans.

While it is likely that Speight probably got a few more snaps during practice week, none of us have any idea of how many nor whether or not O'Korn and even Morris got a fair share with the first team given what Harbaugh is looking for from his QBs.

Versus Hawaii, we could see a series here and a series there with different QBs. This isn't an offense that can't be run by several different QBs who, fundamentally, possess, to some degree, the same skill sets.

We might see that against UCF, maybe even CU. Who knows. I'm pretty sure, although he is not going to tell his players this, that he is imminently confident that his 2016 team is going to win the first three games. He'll know who is going to be the man under center to open conference play with PSU though.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        I know you're just being a grouchy old fart, .. but just consider that maybe all three stepped up their game, and now we have 3 guys who can play the position, with Speight being just a bit better....
        I'm of the opinion that we simply have very mediocre QB play. Why else would Harbaugh come in and immediately start bringing in transfers? Hoke missed on Morris and had nothing else in the pipeline. Hopefully Speight will make a liar out of me but I'm deeply concerned about our chances in the big 3 games.

Comment

If any of those games were in the first 3-4-5 weeks, I'd be more worried. No one really knows what we have here. I'll hold off judgment for now.

Comment

I reserve the right to be positively giddy when we get up 14-0 on Hawaii.

Comment

Haha, par for the course.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                I reserve the right to be positively giddy when we get up 14-0 on Hawaii.
                I'm there with you, Mike.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Mike, I think your concerns are reasonable (about a game manager not a play maker at QB in the big three games).

Here's how I see that.

HARBAUGH!!!!

Hope to see you and yours on Saturday.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

This is pretty good ..... you gotta like the Hawaii guys including the HC.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Jeff, I won't be there this week but will be on the 10th for UCF. Will you still be around?

Comment

Yep, I'll be there.

Now I'm pissed I won't be staying for CU in light of a Brady sighting being highly likely.

Comment

Braden might be out for the first game, per a thread on mgoblog and Hurst has an undisclosed injury (speculated to be turf toe).

Comment

Onwenu to start.

Comment

Official? Cause if so -- dayum. That would be two frosh redshirts burned at kickoff, and they'll be playing next to each other.

Comment

No, not official. But I did see that Braden might be out(not serious) and if so Onwenu was in place to start. Don't think anything will be official until game time.

Comment

Working...
                                X