Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spartan Football - Owned and Operated by the University of Michigan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep. It's BCS revisited.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I liked the BCS I think they got it right more than wrong. I also like 4 teams, someone is always going to be left out. Same with 8-16 teams.

Comment

• BCS sucked.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• In theory 1 vs 2 sounded good and you kept all the Bowls. Everyone hated it, any more teams in the playoffs and the Bowls struggle get worse.

Comment

• Jesus. How many times do I have to post it.

6 teams, 1 and 2 get buys, 3 and 4 host home games we're now down to four and they go to the bowls just like they do now.

5 power 5 conference champs. 1 Wild card. Wild card has to come from a conference champion of a conference that doesn't have a team in the playoff or an independent. (UCF this year)

You conference means something. There is no stupid assed "eye test" and you crown a true national champion.

Cut the bullshit.

This year you would have Clemson and OK with byes.
            You would then have Georgia and either OSU or USC with home games. and the winners would move on to play in the bowls the same as they do now.

That way winning your conference is top priority, you could schedule good ooc competion and the lame excuse that it would wreck the bowls or fans wouldn't travel that may weeks etc etc. would be invalid
            Last edited by CGVT; December 3, 2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• The whole thing is stupid. It is all based on what some team did 100 years ago and their brand, it's all so insular.

The best brand in sports is the New York Yankees but they do not get voted into the playoffs, they have to win a spot.

Comment

• I want some of these eye test teams play up north in bad weather. MSU has won a few bad weather games and instead of lauding them for being able to perform in bad weather, dumbasses like Brian Cook discount the wins because of weather.

It is a hell of a lot easier to look pleasing to the eye when it is 70 and sunny opposed to 30 and sleet.

Comment

• That's where the home games for the higher seeds would come into play.

Comment

• Oh sure that's fine, I endorse your plan. My point was more about the silly eye test nonsense. This year we would have failed the eye test against Maryland, but the game looked liked it was played on a planet in the Hoth system.

Wisconsin fails the eye test because they are built to play in shit ass weather in Wisconsin. Have those SEC teams play up at Camp Randall when they start playing House of Pain.

pANDs

The one flaw in your plan is in theory the top 2 teams get a bye, in reality the souther crooks would find a way for Bama to always have a bye.

Comment

• Co-sign Froot's posts.

Acknowledged -- Ohio State is Ohio State and in the CFB pecking order Ohio State gets the benefit of doubt almost anyone -- except say USC when they're really good, probably Clemson now and the entire SEC.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Co-sign Froot's posts.

Acknowledged -- Ohio State is Ohio State and in the CFB pecking order Ohio State gets the benefit of doubt almost anyone -- except say USC when they're really good, probably Clemson now and the entire SEC.
                        Don't forget Notre Dame

Comment

• I wouldn't say ND, they have a tough road to get to the playoff. Their name allows them to get in as an independent but they have a tough schedule every year. It hasn't really shown that they are preferred.

Comment

• "Southern Crooks"?

Come on, now. It's the entire world out to get you?
                            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• No certainly not, my post was talked about the Southern Crooks, that's not everybody in the world. It is just the corrupt people of the South. They aren't after me however, the Spartans were not in the college playoff discussion this year. But in the future it could happen. The ground work is set, all Alabama had to do was dispose of Mercer and their spot was assured as long as Wisconsin lost. The Iron Bowl was just an exhibition where they failed to show up.

Comment

• Spartan Football - Owned and Operated by the University of Michigan.

You are familiar with the composition of the committee making these decisions?

Is it your assertion each is predisposed to wrongfully vote Alabama in(is it just Alabama or all of the south?), or were they just paid off by the Bama mafia?

[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X