Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spartan Football - Owned and Operated by the University of Michigan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
    White men are being persecuted. We need to rally the troops. The evil media is out to get us all.

That doesn't help. Inflammatory accusation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
      That doesn't help. Inflammatory accusation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Sorry, you’re correct. He didn’t specify white. That was just a coincidence. The feminist anti-male agenda doesn’t discriminate.
      Last edited by Kstat; January 27, 2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• ....... oh, stop. You're as bad as the arm waivers out there I referenced above.
        Its not about rules Jeff. lets keep this simple (I know that's hard for you), Dantonio is a 'teacher' a 'leader'. His school his place of work, his campus, his place to make a difference, 'impact' young peoples life. A fellow worker for over 20 years is a monster abusing terrorizing young women and possible ruining their life.

Dantonio - Not my department!

Comment

Buchanan, did you read the part of the ESPN report from Lauren Allswede, former MSU sexual assault counselor?
          Yep, the reporting was thin on the payers name, specific allegation against the player, what else if anything Dantonio did, what actions were taken at the university, if law enforcement got involved.

You know, the essentials

How about the reporter asking a follow up question? Journalism...

Fact free reporting.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
            Its not about rules Jeff. lets keep this simple (I know that's hard for you), Dantonio is a 'teacher' a 'leader'. His school his place of work, his campus, his place to make a difference, 'impact' young peoples life. A fellow worker for over 20 years is a monster abusing terrorizing young women and possible ruining their life.

Dantonio - Not my department!
            Dantonio has a lot going on, but forget all of that, because he didn't sit in on the exams that Nassar was giving, he is responsible and needs to go?

Comment

• Yes. That’s exactly what everyone is saying. Dantonio is responsible for Larry Nassar. You’ve really gotten to the bottom of this.

Comment

Yes. That?s exactly what everyone is saying. Dantonio is responsible for Larry Nassar. You?ve really gotten to the bottom of this.
                Well it was just suggested that Dantonio needs to step down because he didnt know about it, or that he should have fallen on his sword because of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                  Well it was just suggested that Dantonio needs to step down because he didnt know about it, or that he should have fallen on his sword because of it.
                  Suggested by.... who? Anyone in this thread? ESPN? An MSU trustee?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Yeah it's important to kind of seperate the Naasar case with that OTL report. It is probably appropriate that both Simon and Hollis stepped down, they were in the chain of command and it appears there were some gigantic screw ups there.

The OTL report is bad, there is some new stuff there along with some reports that we already know. If it comes out that either Izzo or Dantonio were actively suppressing stuff like they were doing at Baylor, then they would need to go. That report didn't seem to indicate that but the story isn't over. They need a true independent investigation of the Nasser case at minimum. Also like Jeff said they need to examine the protocols of how they investigate these cases.

ESPN is piling on because Nassar made MSU a safe target.... and they are not part of the SEC (hello AA). I'm not claiming knowledge of right or wrong on what MSU did, but I do know Universities across the country are struggling with these issues. How do you protect the rights of the accused and the accuser and be judged in hindsight? For years women were silenced and treated like the victims. Currently, the guilty until proven innocent seems to be the acceptable norm. Over-swinging, imo, is not the answer, but then again, those silenced for years may feel like it is appropriate.

but back to espn.. I trust them as much as I trust flint tap water
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                      Kstat .... you need to think carefully about what I'm saying here. First, I fully support efforts to protect all women from all types of predation. In this specific incident, we're talking about female gymnasts being prayed upon my one sick mo-fuck. Nassar committed crimes. Nassar has been tried and convicted in a court of law and jailed for his crimes as well he should.

Those in a position of authority who were advised of this predation and failed to act on it under the provisions of Title IX should be processed under that code. If there are ancillary findings involving other allegations of sexual misconduct that show established Title IX protocols at MSU were not followed by persons required to follow them then they should be processed under Title IX protocols. Know the difference.

Dantonio has committed no crimes as far as we know. Since none of us here know the specific details of MSUs Title IX protocols for reports of sexual misconduct let alone whether or not Dantonio failed to perform in accordance with those protocols people waving their arms about this should sit down and STFU.

What's happening here is that Dantonio is getting caught up in what I called the unjustified terrorization of men by fanatic feminists. This needs to stop. What I never said is that sexual predation of women by men in any setting is fine. It's not and it should stop as well. The way to stop it is to follow established rules to do so, hold predators accountable to them and punish them accordingly. Lacking that make some fucking rules and follow them..

We don't know what Dantonio did or did not do... and I agree with the unjustified accusations that they did something wrong. Until evidence demonstrates they either didn't follow MSU policies or tried to suppress evidence/witnesses/victims, seems to me there is more to the anger about what happened in East Lansing. In fact, spending a couple hours on the web this morning catching up on all the news, it is clear to me Michigan fans are uniquely universally vocal in suggesting both coaches should be fired or suggesting they are morally bankrupt. So...
                      Last edited by entropy; January 27, 2018, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Dantonio has a lot going on, but forget all of that, because he didn't sit in on the exams that Nassar was giving, he is responsible and needs to go?
                        I said he needs to go? Don't remember typing that, show me where I did.

Last year Dantonio requested that the media not name the players who were not at the spring game. And for some odd reason, most people in the media, obliged to this demand. Where is the sympathy for the victims in these cases? Dantonio said, “There is no question that at this point in time, our situation impedes progress. It makes it difficult to go day to day without dealing with some problem or dealing with some sort of issue that has to do with the whole.” That sounds like a great leader who really cares about the victims or holding players accountable.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                          We don't know what Dantonio did or did not do... and I agree with the unjustified accusations that they did something wrong. Until evidence demonstrates they either didn't follow MSU policies or tried to suppress evidence/witnesses/victims, seems to me there is more to the anger about what happened in East Lansing. In fact, spending a couple hours on the web this morning catching up on all the news, it is clear to me Michigan fans are uniquely universally vocal in suggesting both coaches should be fired or suggesting they are morally bankrupt. So...
                          Yep. This whole thing is just one big Michigan conspiracy.... and ESPN...and the media...and feminists. Everyone is in on it!

Comment

I'd be surprised if Title IX calls for coaches and their staff to be the ones doing the investigation of such matters. That seems like something administration and sexual assault counselors should do.

and if the University policy was to have coaches deal with it... then is that the coaches fault?

I don't know the policy or what MSU did or didn't do. I'll say that again. But I do know years ago, UNL changed their policies around this to remove the coaches from the process instead of them being the process. This happened in the mid 90's. If a University hasn't adopted better processes and rules around these claims or complaints and continues to include coaches in the process, perhaps the right people have already left.

If the coaches bullied their way in to the process, pressured people for certain outcomes, silenced witnesses or made victims feel like the guilty.. yes, absolutely they should be fired. I would agree.

again, you could be 100% correct.. and asking the questions are fine. But I'd agree with our MSU posters, questions are not being asked. People are wanting heads. The internet is full of next day warriors.
                            Last edited by entropy; January 27, 2018, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Yep. This whole thing is just one big Michigan conspiracy.... and ESPN...and the media...and feminists. Everyone is in on it!

if that is all you read from my posts, perhaps you are the problem Jeff described.

Comment

• Who exactly is suggesting Izzo and Dantonio should resign?

I’ll wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X