Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spartan Football - Owned and Operated by the University of Michigan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turns out, Michigan State still sucks as badly as we thought. 49-7 loss to Iowa.

Comment

• M had no business losing to Sparty, none. I can give the offensive coaches the benefit of the doubt with the massive amount of new starters but there is zero excuse to leave Vincent Gray and company out there without any safety help.

Comment

• I don't give them a free pass on the offense either. The running game, in particular, is shit and they are too hung up on spreading the carries out amongst four guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          Turns out, Michigan State still sucks as badly as we thought. 49-7 loss to Iowa.
          I watched that game. The way Iowa beat them would have made Lloyd Carr smile. They ran TnT all day long, with good success. And, they must have run the waggle about 10 times for good yards. Congrats to the Hawkeyes.

Rocky Balboa threw about 4 picks. Back to normal for him.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Rocky Lombardi is hilariously bad. Our DBs should be forced to do some sort of walk of shame through the streets for getting torn up by this putz.

Comment

• Sparty is a joke. We’re an abomination.

Comment

• State being state. They have played their best game of the year. Lombardi likely played the best game of his past and future career against Michigan. He will never play that well again.

Comment

• ...... and Froot Loops disappears after a brief return stint.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• His return was about as long as Lombardi's start against Indiana.

Comment

• MSU got pasted by OSU today 52-10, and it probably could have been more.

Afterward, I read the Detroit News interview with Mel Tucker following the game. The guy was totally upset with his team for the way they played. He said they were better than that, and its got to change.

I can't think of anything I like about MSU, especially over the last 15 years. They're a program that built itself on dirty play, questionable character, and they laughed about it when they got away with it. It was shameful, but they know no shame in East Landfill. Duffy Daugherty would hide his face in shame over what they've become.

But ... I like Tucker's reaction to his team's loss. That's the kind of reaction that is needed at Michigan when they lose. Not this zombie-like "we got to get better" crap. (Thanks Tom W). Michigan has lost so many games to bad teams that its now accepted on State Street. We need more fire and anger over stupid losses like Tucker showed today.

I don't want Mel Tucker as Michigan's next coach. Never in a million years. But, I want that kind of resolve and anger when the team plays poorly.

Comment

• From what I understand about what's going on inside the program, it is a continuation of club house pissing and moaning that started last season. I don't think Harbaugh lacks fire, at least enough of it, to get players focused and involved. If the players are continually and possibly justifiably unhappy about any number of policies, roster positions or playing time, no manner of firing them up is going to off-set the negative impact on performance and team work a group of disgruntled players who may have checked out will have.

Certainly, if there are unhappy players, that's on Harbaugh if he's not dealing constructively with it. He certainly has a rep for following the mantra, my way or the highway. Nobody here hasn't seen both good and bad leadership styles in dealing with disgruntled employees in the work space. Seems like Jim may have a problem with that. Maybe it reached a tipping point this season that tipping point influenced by the shit-storm that is COVID.

I'm not happy with Harbaugh being extended. I'm reasonably certain I won't be getting involved with season tickets - my way of telling Wade to fuck off. If I watch next season, it will be from a disinterested distance. Harbaugh is who he is, has delivered much less than expected and is more than likely at his ceiling when it comes to successfully running a P5 football program. Just not worth the time and expense any longer as I don't see that things will change.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Why is Rocky Lombardi starting? The backup kids is wayyyy better.

Comment

• I was contemporaneously pissed that Tyreke Smith knocked out Lombardi.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              Why is Rocky Lombardi starting? The backup kids is wayyyy better.
                              Watch what you say about Lombardi.

He's going to make everyone forget Jeff Smoker.

Comment

• Rocky ... say it ain't so!!

Comment

Working...
                                X