Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Badgers @ Wolverines, Post Game Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dsred View Post
    First down however they could do it. Don't play not to lose.
    Last I checked relying on your strength was playing to win. Their strength is and always will be their defense.

Comment

• Durkin's Maryland is for real. This is the beginning of M's gauntlet.
      Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• That's odd, as we don't play 'em

Whoops; my bad; sorry!
        Last edited by Paul L; October 1, 2016, 06:12 PM.
        Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• I had to listen to the Michigan radio broadcast of this one, so I'm piecing this one together just on what I heard (side note to this: Jim Brandstatter loves Michigan and brings a lot of enthusiasm, but he's just not a play-by-play guy. It's time to end this experiment.). Short version: one of Michigan's units managed to play at a championship level, one of them managed not to embarrass itself completely against a top-notch defense, and one of them kept the game closer than it should have been with its overall incompetence. I want to chalk this one up to uncharacteristic special teams play, but the offense's struggles do not inspire a great deal of confidence, either.

Still, they found a big play when they had to have one, and the defense made it stand up. You are what your record says you are, and Michigan is 5-0.

Comment

• Does Harbaugh not want to burn Quinn's redshirt? I don't get the field goal kicking strategy.

As for the team, it wasn't perfect, and they still have some holes/weaknesses. However, given what we went through with RR, Hoke and Branden, I'll take this, and enjoy that M got the win in a big match up.
            Last edited by paul daugherity; October 1, 2016, 06:20 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Harbaugh not having the FG situation resolved is unacceptable. Missing 3 FG's ... WTF??

We outgained Wisky by a wide margin but yet win by a TD --- not happy.

Comment

• I'd say the Badgers D is for real, even though M's offense is no great shakes at this point. Though I guess we'll find out for sure when they play Ohio.

Speight was really sketchy but made the two biggest throws of the game when he needed them. The penalties were a problem too. Thankfully the defense dominated as they should against the freshman QB.

Comment

• Good:
                  Defense - especially #33, #43, #96, and #73. They made the Wisconsin QB look like a rattled freshman. Stribling and Lewis were good, too.

Bad:
                  The offense. Speight made one really good throw. I still can't believe O'Korn couldn't beat him out. If he's not floating it, he's throwing a mile over the WR's head. He John Navarre part deux.

Ugly:
                  Field goals. More concerning is Newsome getting hurt. We needed him to hold down that position. Bushell-Beatty is not the answer to the problem.
                  Last edited by Rocky Bleier; October 1, 2016, 07:25 PM.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I say the Badgers are for real as whole. They'll give OSU everything they want in a couple weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                      I say the Badgers are for real as whole. They'll give OSU everything they want in a couple weeks.
                      I doubt they manufacture more than 7 offensive points. OSU will put up at least 24.
                      Last edited by Rocky Bleier; October 1, 2016, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• LOL...what's the bet?

Comment

• I don't have that particular addiction. Nobody in the B1G is in OSU's class right now. If Michigan hits three FGs, it's 23-7. Imagine what Urban will do.
                          Last edited by Rocky Bleier; October 1, 2016, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• ^

M 'might' keep it close otherwise no one else is near OSU's class, they'll certainly be 11-0 come The Game.

Comment

• Holding Ohio to 24 points might actually increase my respect for Wiscy's D.

Comment

• Some of you guys are hilarious; why, because they beat fucking 1-2 OU, who's given up 46 to TCU tonight?

Or maybe it's the Rutgers or BG shellackings; FFS
                                Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

Working...
                                X