Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ osu, Game day and Post Game Discussion (Closed)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speights turnover (s) also puts the D on the field when they could be resting, they were gassed at the end.

Comment

• First INT is mostly on DeVeon Smith (?) on not picking up the blitzer, the blitzer hit Speight's arm making the ball go well short of his target...

Need to see replay but the failed snap was costly and the next INT he just didn't notice a LB in underneath coverage. Not near as bad a game as the referees or Harbaugh's play calling with Peppers.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        Yea loooong stretches don't win games when you turn the ball over 3 times. How many turnovers did JTB have in those loooong stretches of being outplayed?? After 60 minutes then tell me who played the better game.
        It sounds like you want to a argue with someone, you won't get it from me. Speight is your best QB by far, he played hurt and had some mistakes. You always want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, you don't have another QB.

The first turnover was a bad pick 6 on a bad play call, because of that bad play call he had the great choice of try to get rid of the ball on a dangerous throw or take the safety. In retrospect he should have taken the safety.

Comment

• Fuck this im done, haven't been this pissed off in years over a game. Best to not engage anymore, its not helping - Going to do some heavy drinking... peace out

Comment

• It sounds like you want to a argue with someone,

Yep sry, see above.

Comment

• One more thing.

Chris Fowler is a bad announcer. Not Gary Danielson bad, but bad, none-the-less
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                First INT is mostly on DeVeon Smith (?) on not picking up the blitzer, the blitzer hit Speight's arm making the ball go well short of his target...

Need to see replay but the failed snap was costly and the next INT he just didn't notice a LB in underneath coverage. Not near as bad a game as the referees or Harbaugh's play calling with Peppers.
                The play calling was all around horrible by Harbaugh and for the life of me I don't know what he sees in Smith. Gotta do better than this in the running game.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                  Fuck this im done
                  No, you're not. You'll be back for more punishment, just like the rest of us.

Comment

• Nobody looks better to me than DeVeon Smith between the tackles, that's not high praise for Smith but disappointing no one else is better.

Comment

• offensive linemen can't block but when they do Smith was clearly the only choice.

Comment

• The pick 6 was a total screw up all around, not all on Speight for sure. And agreed the wildcat shit with Peppers needs to go. They were a lot more creative with him last year.

Comment

• 2-14 against OSU this century now. It will be 2-16 when OSU comes into Ann Arbor in 2019. That's the next game that we have at least a 25% chance of winning, with our second seven game losing streak of the century in progress. Don't worry though, guys. We might win one ten years from now when we have 22 fifth year seniors and OSU is starting a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. Just be patient. Stop being irrational fans who expect to win more than one rivalry game a decade. We might even break 100 yards rushing once! Thank God we are running a manball offense that confuses everyone and leaves tons of running lanes open. Defensive coordinators all around the country must be terrified of our vintage 1984 3.5 ypc running game.

This is now the Brown Jug game. Minnesota beats us more often than we beat OSU.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; November 26, 2016, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            2-14 against OSU this century now. It will be 2-16 when OSU comes into Ann Arbor in 2019. That's the next game that we have at least a 25% chance of winning, with our second seven game losing streak of the century in progress. Don't worry though, guys. We might win one ten years from now when we have 22 fifth year seniors and OSU is starting a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. Just be patient. Stop being irrational fans who expect to win more than one rivalry game a decade.

This is now the Brown Jug game. Minnesota beats us more often than we beat OSU.
                            Honestly dude, just go the fuck away.
                            Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• What Paul said.

Comment

• Bitterly disappointing loss. But it wasn’t the officiating. However, I’ve got no problem with JH complaining in his post game about it because, as usual in BT games of import, it was bad. He’ll get fined. He doesn’t care. Will he engender ill-will during future games for rubbing the officials the wrong way? You’d hope not but it happens. You reap what you sow.

Bottom line, you get past bad calls during the game. He lost his cool over one call – the face mask on Cole - as far as I know, a callable one even if seldomly called, but it wasn’t anymore awful than the one that osu got called on for mouth guard not in. ufm took that in stride. M got the first after that face mask call anyway despite JH taking a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct for the team whining about it.

I thought the spot on the field that would have ended the game, notching a win for M was bad from my perspective but I think the replay booth got it right. Not enough to overturn. That’s the rule. Live with it.

Here’s my take on the game:

Speight was still Speight. Moments of spot on throws and the Maryland Speight and moments of inconsistency and the Iowa Speight. He is a good QB though. I do think he got rattled a bit when Fickle dialed up a few really timely and good blitzes. He got a bit shaky after those even though he never really got hammered by any of them – maybe one. That’s Wilton’s MO right now. He’ll improve.

Don Brown was brilliant in the first half and most of the 3rd qtr. He got had by whatever tweaks ufm made to the OL play/play calling in the late 3rd, the entire 4th and OT. What he did on the samuel’s winning TD in the second OT was, as usual for him, brilliant, I’ll be interested to see if Brian can pick those subtleties out and nail them down. I don’t think Brown adjusted his D on the fly as well as ufm adjusted his O …… but that’s why he is a great coach. Give ufm credit.

I could feel the game slipping away sometime in the late third when M was unable to capitalize on the excellent field position they were provided by the D and by Kenny Allen’s punting. There was nothing wrong with the play calling. The offensive play-calling cabal went for it. osu’s D was up to it and I thought that the OL missed some blocking assignments that prior to that let down in the 3rd they were nailing. Give Luke Fickel and his unit credit for not letting the game slip away, keeping osu in it, when M could have dropped the dagger blow on several occasions in the second half.

I think The Nick and Alabama should be afraid of osu. I think M could beat Alabama too on a good day with Speight being good Speight. I’d call osu a bad match-up for Saban.

Nothing wrong with 10-2. M will end up in a NY6 Bowl. Not partial to any of them but I’ll be in FL on 12/31 and would stay for another day to cheer them on and see them play. M is on the rise and is going to be a tough out for all the BT teams going forward despite what Hanni thinks ..... heh.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X