No announcement yet.

Michigan vs. FSU, Orange Bowl, 8pm, ESPN, Game Day - Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But you are saying refs don't fuck over teams. Hence there shouldn't necessarily be a right or wrong way.

Comment

• I think being a referee is a pretty hard job, not something I would ever want to do. I think if you put in all your might to get the best referees possible, you will still have these type of situations.

I always like to think of the thing Chuck Daly would do when his players complained too much about calls. He would make them be the ref in scrimmages.

Comment

• Did he do that? What a brilliant guy.

Comment

• NBA officials think they are as big as the players and coaches...some of those guys egos are enormous. Apples to oranges. Football officials tend to be much more humble...even one of the biggest name white hat...Hochuli...even fessed up a gaffe.

Basketball you are much closer to players...fans...coaches...different world...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think if you put in all your might to get the best referees possible, you will still have these type of situations.

Right. And, as a baseline, at least do that. Make a reasonable effort, and failing that, just appear to have made a reasonable effort. We had the biggest version of The Game in a decade, and the head of the crew was once fired for incompetence. The conference has to do its part. They might not get the best referees possible, but the crew they put out there makes it look like they aren't even trying to do that. Or aware of the need. Which is why we're all here talking about the refs instead of the coaches and players. This isn't how it should be, and isn't how it has to be. The conference has to do its job better.

Comment

• Hock. You. Lee.

I agree that it's a bigger deal in basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                You keep ignoring that it wasn't one call. It was a parade of 50/50 calls -- coin-toss kind of calls -- and all of them went OSU's way. By the ninth or tenth time, calls for civility are almost a provocation. You're asking someone to compensate for your own incompetence/bias. That's not reasonable. Better to ask for ``the right way to communicate'' if you aren't completely fucking up to start.
                9th or 10th time...wow...yesterday it was 4. Now 9 or 10.

Your exaggeration is duly noted.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It was really in the 20's. Maybe 30's.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yep, that was his way to get his players to pipe down. Everyone is going to have times where they feel the official was wrong.

You have to remember they get one crack at it while the viewer at home gets many replays and multiple angles. As many times as you may find a call you thought was wanting think of how many times you thought there was a call that they got wrong and whe you saw the replay, they were right. Nobody ever remembers that.

Comment

• WWCAW
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                        About 10 of them. If one or two went our way and only 8 or 9 went theirs, I'd take that.
                        Wiz, I said this yesterday. I'm not the one exaggerating. Are you reading along or just posting? Do I have to count them for you again?

Comment

• I have watched that game three times now on BTN...I saw one non call PI you had a right to be upset on. You can say 50 if you want...doesn't make it so. You guys didn't get fucked by the refs...you fuck ed yourselves.

Sorry if that hurts. But it's true.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS...BIG TEN COMMISSIONER JIM DELANEY HAS ANNOUNCED THAT THE BIG TEN DID INTENTIONALLY THROW THE GAME BETWEEN OHIO STATE AND MICHIGAN BY INSERTING BUCKEYE FANS INTO THE OFFICIATING CREW LAST SATURDAY THEN INSTRUCTED THE CREW TO INTENTIONALLY MAKE CRITICAL CALLS AGAINST MICHIGAN. OHIO STATE HAS BEEN INSTRUCTED TO FORFEIT THE GAME. MICHIGAN WILL NOW FACE WISCONSIN THIS SATURDAY FOR THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP. DELANEY SINCERELY APOLOGIZES TO THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Whoa. Unprecedented.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yesterday you said they were all 50/50 calls. Then I said I would have been happy to just get 10% to 20% of those 50/50 calls. Now you're saying something else. Seems to me you are more consistent and knowledgeable on the topic of how other posters pee. I don't want Dear Leader to have to close another thread, so you can just carryon with whatever you want to assume. I'm going to take a piss.

Comment

Working...
                                X