Michigan vs. FSU, Orange Bowl, 8pm, ESPN, Game Day - Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will straight up fight you.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'll take the Orange Bowl this year kthx.

Comment

• You guys will wail the shit out of the sacrificial ACC lamb in the Orange. I'd still think you'd want the CFP, but that's just me.

Other scenario is if OSU + B10 Champ get in, then M is in the Rose Bowl.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Palm is predicting M vs FSU.

CBS Sports bowl expert Jerry Palm picks the teams he feels will comprise the National Semi-final at the end of the season along with bowl projections for every single game.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Be a man, take the CFP

Comment

• Yeah, if chalk plays then M is in the Orange Bowl. 100%. And they'll play FSU or Louisville. I don't know how the selection works -- if they're required to take FSU, but I'd imagine they'd prefer Lamar Jackson. And M would wreck that team.

FSU is far more suited to play against M, but I don't think their defense is good enough and they'll eventually succumb to the HARBAUFFENSE!!! in a sort of slow seige of death.

However, if chalk doesn't play, then it gets really interesting.

Comment

• Also love that PSU, if they lose, is most likely going to get the "Group of 5" no-win game. Man, I may end up actively rooting for the Badgers....only PSU and M, under the right circumstances, could make me do that. Uggh.

Comment

• I'd rather play Louisville. FSU, not so much, since they match up with us athlete-wise and Dalvin Cook will be a big problem for us. This is a perfect year for us to play a passing spread.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Be a man, take the CFP
                  Discretion is the better part of valor. I'd rather a chance at a win than a guaranteed prison rape. Even AA isn't sangbagging that one and this was a guy saying that Tennessee was going to give them trouble.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; December 2, 2016, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    You guys will wail the shit out of the sacrificial ACC lamb in the Orange
                    If it's Louisville, probably. Not if it's FSU though.

Comment

• That's absolutely silly.

Comment

• I think FSU is a little too one-dimensional to beat M. I think that's a 10-14 point game.

I think they'd beat Louisville by 28.

Vegas says Alabama is -10 against M if they play.

Comment

• Vegas says the over/under on number of McRib's AA can eat in one sitting is 8.5
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            I think FSU is a little too one-dimensional to beat M. I think that's a 10-14 point game.
                            I'd favor us against FSU but that one's close.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              That's absolutely silly.
                              Agreed.

Comment

• 1. To get in the CFP, most years you will need to win the Big Ten or any other conference. I am going on the assumption that this strange year is an outlier.

2. Winning the Big Ten is much tougher than it was from the 70s until the end of Carr. The division setup makes you vulnerable to getting squeezed by a single loss as OSU has demonstrated the last two years. And you still have to win the championship game.

3. In that division you have to worry about PSU and MSU. This year notwithstanding MSU will compete, apparently so will PSU.

4. OSU is going to be a monster as long as Urban Meyer is down there.

Long story short, getting a spot in the CFP is going to be very hard. This year a spot after you finished 3rd in the division would be a gift from the football gods. Beating up on Louisville does not gain you a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X