No announcement yet.

Michigan vs. FSU, Orange Bowl, 8pm, ESPN, Game Day - Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The conference championship game wasn't adopted to crown the best team. It was a moneymaking scheme started by the SEC's longtime commish, Roy Kramer. It has been wildly successful in that regard.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      It'll probably happen, but -as I have said before- I am very much against expanding the playoff.
      I can see a strong and sensible argument to going back to eliminating CCGs and CFPs and letting polls determine who goes to what bowl. After the bowls are done, the polls declare who is #1. We are no better off now than we were then if your objective in the end game is to determine who is the #1 team in CFB when its all over.

Having said that, there is no way that is going to happen. The Genie is out of the bottle. So, now the issue is figuring out how to have some type of reasonable play-in system that produces a CFP system that P5 institution presidents and the various bowl sponsors and committees will support.

I just don't think there is enough agreement among principals that would fashion this sort of thing nor enough political will among them to change where things are right now. Too many competing agendas and no central organizing structure to bring about the change.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Winning your last national championship had a lot to do with you turning it on at the end of the year and winning the big ten chmpionship.
        It was way more about destroying a top 10 team by 59. The championship didn't matter. The 59 point destruction mattered. And they needed it because their resume was thin.

This year they didn't get that opportunity to add to their resume. But, shit, man, they've beat 3 of the top 8 (I'm assuming OU #7, Wisky #8).

In any event, I can't wait for UFM to assream PSU next season.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Penn State plays Michigan, @ Ohio State, and @ Michigan State in consecutive weeks next year. Get a head-start now on storm-proofing your house from a flood of Nittany tears.

Comment

• I would have expected OSU to assream MSU this year too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Penn State plays Michigan, @ Ohio State, and @ Michigan State in consecutive weeks next year. Get a head-start now on storm-proofing your house from a flood of Nittany tears.
              I will drink the salty goodness all season long. PSU returns 18 starters.
              Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Yeah, they have a chance to be good. I'm more of a believer now after they did that to Wisconsin's D.

Comment

• Selection show is on ESPN at Noon Eastern, but they won't release the full Playoff until 12:25 I bet... as usual. (You don't say)
                  Rest of the bowls will be released at 2:30pm Eastern. Usually most of those are leaked early.

Just in case ya'll were wondering.

Come on, Penn State!
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• This game is official now

Comment

• M by something like 27-10.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        M by something like 27-10.
                        Correct.

If Speight can keep the ball out of the hands of opposing LBs and the OL can help him do that by keeping him somewhat upright and getting some fucking run game going.

If Speight doesn't fumble the ball in the center exchange at FSU's 2 crapping an opportunity to go up by three scores and allowing JH to play to M's strengths.

Do you see a common thread here? Yes? .........

I like Wilton. Fine QB actually but he is the central reason M lost to Iowa and osu on the road. Hurt? Maybe but I think the bigger issue for him is mental. In both of M's losses, you could see his accuracy decline markedly after a traumatic event ....... big hit or turnover or run game delivering < 3.5ypc.

The keys to victory are pretty simple in this one. I'm not worried at all about M's D playing well.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• UFM said M was the best team they've played 5 years. I don't think will go like 2006. I think M and OSU wI'll show well, especially defensively. I think they're 2 of the top 3 defenses. I don't think FSU has the offense to do much.

Comment

• M is -8 out the gate. For some perspective, Wisky is -7 against Western.

Comment

• To be clear, I think this season's M football team was good. Real good and still is. But you can't win the big games without making big plays and limiting if not eliminating the bad ones. M outplayed osu for 37.5 minutes of clock time in their house. Impressive.

Equally impressive - disheartening is the operative word - was watching the players and I suspect the coaches let that game slip away in the third quarter and squander opportunities in the 4th to grab the momentum back. It's hard to understand why that happened .... the reversal of good circumstances to bad ones.

I've always thought there really isn't much luck involved in succeeding. It's more about preparation finding opportunity and then having the where-with-all to take advantage of the circumstances. Something, something intangible was missing there and in Iowa City.

Comment

• Wolverine247 caught up with Noles247 analyst Chris Nee for five things Michigan fans need to know about their Orange Bowl matchup against Florida State on December 30th:

#1. Florida State's defensive line, led by senior defensive end DeMarcus Walker, leads the country in sacks per game. In addition to Walker, freshman Brian Burns (9.5) sacks has been a big key to FSU pressuring opposing passers.

#2. FSU's offense is pretty well-balanced, but Dalvin Cook is what helps to make it go. He has 2,046 all-purpose offensive yards. He combines with Deondre Francois (3,128 passing yards) to create balance for Jimbo Fisher's offensive attack.

#3. FSU's offensive improvement in the latter part of the season was due to the passing attack additional usage of a couple of young targets - sophomore wide receiver Auden Tate and Nyqwan Murray. Tate is a big target while Murray is quick and shifty. They join junior Travis Rudolph and senior Kermit Whitfield as Francois' favorite targets.

#4. FSU is the No. 1 ranked red-zone offense in the nation. They have scored on 52 of 54 red-zone visits, including 41 touchdowns (24 rush, 17 pass). Kicker Ricky Aguayo is 11-for-11 from inside the 40-yard line.

#5. FSU may get Derwin James back for the bowl game. James has been sidelined since FSU's second game of the season. Officially, his status remains up in the air for the bowl game at this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X