No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 139, 2018 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People are quoting fucking yoder now? Christ.

Comment

• Christ on a pogo stick, Its the off season.... he is the king of repeating message board posts numbers. What do you have to offer, beside bitching? tell me

Comment

• Brandon Justice is reported Mcdoom is gone? I was hoping he would have a good year, maybe dropped to far down the depth chart.

Comment

• Too many more talented receivers a year behind him had passed him on the depth chart, PT wasn't available or going to come available.

Comment

• Of course, we're not hearing anything coming out of fall practice and I doubt that will change. We have had the obligatory Don Brown chat (not a presser) when he made himself available on Monday. I read the transcript .... pretty much fluff.

I've seen two sources I read on my M news feeds that say Jalen Mayfield is pushing the presumed RT starter, John Runyan. Runyan is serviceable but he is undersized, doesn't move the defense in the run game and gets beaten by the top edge rushers in the BT. Mayfield is 4* OT in the 2018 class. He did not enroll early (enrolled in June) but the most recent roster shows he is up from 246 to 296lbs. At 6'6", he has the prototypical OT body.

There are several other contenders for that spot in Andrew Steuber and James Hudson.

The OL, particularly the OT positions, are the only area of the offense that legitimately concerns me. It's good to read that comments are being made by some observers, reliable or not, that there's a good deal of competition for the starting tackle jobs.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Michigan could be caught up in shoe resale story:

Michigan, Marquette, Cal investigating potential shoe resales by players https://es.pn/2vWJXJd via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I will never understand grown men spending thousands of dollars for a pair of Jordans. I hope this gets resolved soon, that any necessary suspensions are handed out quickly, and that any would-be Michigan boosters that bought these shoes are disassociated from the program.

Comment

• Albuf has commented that something like 23 pairs of shoes are involved and that they appear to have been resold, does not mean that active players are selling them. Player equipment, including shoes, are all marked with the player's name. Upon receipt of any official equipment, the player signs a document that states if he sells any of this equipment, it may make him ineligible. It would be very easy to identify the player that sold them so, there is plenty of disincentive for an active player to sell shoes.

The shoes could have potentially come from former M players who have transferred to other programs but even that is unlikely. Michigan donates hundreds of shoes and other equipment. These would not be marked items. Although the media, especially ESPN and the local Detroit papers are going to make a big deal of this, my reading of Albuf's comments on this, along with various comments from trusted posters elsewhere, indicate M has a handle on it and is not concerned that active M players are involved such that the alleged shoe resales might lead to NCAA violations.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• North Carolina just suspended 13 players for selling Jordans and Jumpman apparel.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ........ and?

North Carolina has a history of rule breaking and the appearance of not giving a shit that rules were broken in the past or are getting broken currently. The players suspended got caught red-handed with marked equipment being sold. No chance of stonewalling that one. JMO.

Comment

• And it was germane to the convo of students selling Jordan's. College kids sell shit they are given for money.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• WTF does Germany have to do with it?
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think there will likely be a few players caught. Stupid rule, but if they broke the rule, then so be it.

Comment

• WFIW Jordan Poole name is in question per posts on Scout

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post
                                I think there will likely be a few players caught. Stupid rule, but if they broke the rule, then so be it.
                                Yep and yep.

Comment

Working...
                                X