No announcement yet.

U of M MEN'S BASKETBALL: 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guarantee you they will never ever play together.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      It's a good venue, great students. The ex-Maize Rager sitting next to me said as much.

I met a UMBC assistant coach in line, and we struck up a conversation. He was just dropping in for a bit before going to the Wiz game, and attempted to give us his seats, but I guess people in MIchigan gear weren't gonna be sitting a row behind Maryland's bench. Hoping I may have found a connex for tix in the future. Me and the lad will be out at UMBC's America East conference tourney game this Saturday, then. Go Retrievers.

I was surprised Teske shot that shot that went in. He had 2/3 other looks from the same spot on the same play and swung the ball without even considering doing anything else. Thot he was done shooting for the day.
      Teskes 3pt game today went just as the game at crisler. Missed a bunch, some badly, then nails a pre dagger. Think he was 1-7 in game 1. Would guess it came around the same time in the game.

Awesome you were there.

Comment

• I was hoping to get up for the Rutgers game or Penn State as well, but just too much work so far. Glad I at least got to see one...

Comment

• Brooks on the floor usually means the offense looks lost and thus a scoring drought; though he can defend well.

DDJ looks like he needs to learn the speed of college basketball, gain comfort in the offense and he should be a solid reserve next season. If his jumper starts to drop, defenders will need to respect it and it would open up the rest of his game which I liked as a recruit.

Comment

• He's a freshman taking it to the rack. Not gonna get calls. But I like his future too.

Comment

• Lundari latest (3/3)

2 Michigan State, Michigan
              3 Purdue
              4 Wisconsin
              5 Maryland
              8 Iowa (down)
              10 Ohio State (down)
              11 Minnesota

Michigan State in Virginia region
              Michigan draws the Gonzaga region

Indiana #5 team out.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Since we have nearly a week until the next game, I'll once again do a little crystal ball-looking regarding next year. I think Matthews is likely gone, even though he's projecting in the mocks I've seen as a 2nd rounder at best. It would be great if he came back but his upside as a pro-prospect probably is what it is at this point. If he wants to be on a stacked team and enjoy college life a little longer, it's there for him. However, he's had 4 years of that so he might be up for the next challenge.

Unless somebody blows up in the tourney, I see all other players returning. A few will put their name in to get evaluated by the NBA but nobody is projecting that high. Both Poole and Iggy could play their way into being lottery picks next year so I think that will be the way they'll go. Teske could maybe play his way into being a top-40 pick if he returns. I think he's pretty much a lock to do so. Then, you have your transfers. I could see 2 or even 3 guys leaving. It all depends if they are okay with being deep-bench guys or not. Austin Davis is now probably the 5th option at center, although he could be 3rd if going small isn't the plan. The do also have preferred walk-on Jaron Faulds who's 6'10" and maybe on Davis' level. DeJulius looks like he's passing Brooks. Nunez will have more competition next year with Wilson and Bajema coming in. Nunez seems like the most likely of those 3 transfer-candidates to come back but they all might. I suppose there's an outside shot of Johns looking elsewhere but I think he's more likely a candidate to make that Sophomore jump and be a real contributor on game days.

I think the rotation will be

C Teske/Castleton
                F Iggy/Johns
                W Livers/Wilson/Johns
                W Poole/Wilson/Bajema
                PG Z/DeJulius

spot minutes to Brooks, if he comes back. Slight chance of Bajema redshirting. If Brooks leaves, they could possibly look for one of those grad-transfers to get a 3rd PG.

IF Iggy or Poole has a crazy tourney and makes the jump, we'll have to adjust but should still have a Sweet 16-ish team. If they both leave, there will have to be some scrambling. Still, with a senior PG and Center, and some other good talent, I think we'd still make the dance.
                Last edited by *JD*; March 4, 2019, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• I think you're right that beyond the guys who have been passed on the depth chart like Brooks and Davis there might be a minutes transfer. Serious logjam at F. I would like to see Iggy slide down to the two in some scenarios to make room for Johns and Livers at F if both Iggy and Poole are back. But if Poole leaves, I don't know that Iggy's your two for the year.

Comment

• Here's how I rank our current players:

1. Simpson
                    2. Teske
                    3. Matthews
                    4. Brazdeikis
                    5. Livers
                    6. Poole

In other words, there is no chance that Poole goes pro unless he's insane. Teske is a bigger Bill Laimbeer. Poole is a work in progress. Could be great at the college level, but he's got to learn the game first.

Brian at mgoblog today (if I remember correctly) notes that Teske is better than Moe Wagner was last year. He is perhaps the best center Michigan has ever had, although some will stick with 6'7" Bill Buntin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post

Brian at mgoblog today (if I remember correctly) notes that Teske is better than Moe Wagner was last year. He is perhaps the best center Michigan has ever had, although some will stick with 6'7" Bill Buntin.
                      Juwan Howard on line 2, (the ghost of) Roy Tarpley on line 3, Terry Mills on line 4, and Tim McCormick on line 5.

Comment

• Craig Ross has been making the case all year on the WTKA/mgoblog roundtable. I like that group's commentary -- numbers people arguing with narratives people, of different ages and eras of Michigan fandom, and they're not afraid to disagree with each other.

Comment

• Now would be a good time to remind everyone that I've been right all along about everything. I said before the season that this would be at maximum a 4-6 loss team, and in mid-January narrowed that range -- I ruled out six and was leaning toward four. Hopefully the team makes my prediction 200% correct on Sunday instead of merely 100% correct.

Comment

• Latest Lundari projections:

2 Michigan State (Virginia region), Michigan (Gonzaga region)
                            3 Purdue
                            4 Wisconsin
                            5 Maryland
                            8 Iowa
                            10 Ohio State
                            11 Minnesota

Indiana #5 out
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              Now would be a good time to remind everyone that I've been right all along about everything. I said before the season that this would be at maximum a 4-6 loss team, and in mid-January narrowed that range -- I ruled out six and was leaning toward four. Hopefully the team makes my prediction 200% correct on Sunday instead of merely 100% correct.
                              I wish you had waited until after a win Saturday. The max possible loss total is still at 7. No jinx, Hack!

Comment

• I wasn't talking about post-season. The max-poss-loss total is 5. No sense in predicting the post-season, so don't worry. You can buy me beer now.

Comment

Working...
                                X