Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and this one lol

Justin Abdelkader — AGE: 30. CONTRACT: Ends 2023, $4.25 million per. STATS: 64 games, 7 goals, 14 assists. Injuries didn’t help, but Abdelkader just didn’t produce offensively as expected. One of the team’s few physical, big forwards, he’s not going anywhere.

Comment

• I hate Ericsson way more than Sheahan. Holland is a fool.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I was always bummed that Dave Strader left before the Wings won the Cup. I always thought it would have been cool if Mickey and Dave had been together when the Wings won it (not sure why it was important to me). But as Dave has been interviewed locally, he revealed that in the 97 playoffs, he and Mickey did call the Finals together for some broadcast and they were really able to enjoy working together again. It left me with a good feeling.

Comment

• I saw Lindy Ruff was also fired by Dallas. I wouldn't mind bringing him here. Unfortunately, I think Holland doesn't view Blashill as a problem yet.

Comment

• At least Holland has the great Darren Helm (8 goals, 9 assists) locked up until 2021 $3.85 million per.

Comment

• Helm played better than I would have expected when he was healthy but I was not happy about re-signing him.

When the Wings were at the top, Holland was always pretty breezy with the media. Now that he's getting questioned and he can't point to the record or the streak, he struggles to answer questions. He got very defensive in a couple of interviews I've heard. I'm surprised he's as supportive of Blashill as he's been. Maybe he feels really secure. I know ownership gave him a vote of confidence so maybe he's safe.

Hopefully with the higher picks, Holland will be able to pluck some decent players out of the draft. In the past those players would have had to sit and develop in the minors but with the state of the team as it is, some of these guys should be able to move up quicker.

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/96ge3zM5zu0[/ame]

Comment

• As I watched Holland... it hit me, he sounds like Brady Hoke now. He is clueless, just babbling making excuses.
                  Last edited by WingsFan; April 11, 2017, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• I cant believe Abdelkader is signed until 2023. What the F was Holland doing giving lifetime contracts to Ericsson, Helm, Abby etc.

Dude needs to go
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                      Ken Holland got the dreaded vote of confidence and Blashill is going to coach the US men's national team. Fun times!
                      What? Is USA Hockey now using NHL coaches like the Senior Bowl uses NFL coaches? Allow the coaches of the worst teams in the league to coach so they can see the talent up close and personal?

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      I saw Lindy Ruff was also fired by Dallas. I wouldn't mind bringing him here. Unfortunately, I think Holland doesn't view Blashill as a problem yet.
                      Unfortunately, I think you are spot on with Holland and Blash.

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      Helm played better than I would have expected when he was healthy but I was not happy about re-signing him.

When the Wings were at the top, Holland was always pretty breezy with the media. Now that he's getting questioned and he can't point to the record or the streak, he struggles to answer questions. He got very defensive in a couple of interviews I've heard. I'm surprised he's as supportive of Blashill as he's been. Maybe he feels really secure. I know ownership gave him a vote of confidence so maybe he's safe.

Hopefully with the higher picks, Holland will be able to pluck some decent players out of the draft. In the past those players would have had to sit and develop in the minors but with the state of the team as it is, some of these guys should be able to move up quicker.
                      Chris Illitich is showing no leadership qualities by allowing Holland to continue unfettered. I am guessing his Dad would be looking for a replacement if he was here and not having health issues.

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      I cant believe Abdelkader is signed until 2023. What the F was Holland doing giving lifetime contracts to Ericsson, Helm, Abby etc.

Dude needs to go
                      Yup.

He cemented his legacy as a GM with the Franchise, now he is cementing his legacy with players.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• "Unfortunately, I think Holland doesn't view Blashill as a problem yet."
                        ----------------------------Holland said Blashill is coming back.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                          What? Is USA Hockey now using NHL coaches like the Senior Bowl uses NFL coaches? Allow the coaches of the worst teams in the league to coach so they can see the talent up close and personal?
                          It's not like they had a lot of choices, the real and mediocre coaches are busy right now.
                          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• I can't believe the Wings are letting Blashit come back for another season with the selection of coaches available this year.

They're Fing stupid.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• It's kind of like the Millen era on ice
                              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• It's got a long ways to go to get to that point Frank.
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X