No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't have a problem with it, but he is a professional and should have chose his words more carefully that's for sure. Rest assured the boring people in Michigan will definitely let him hear about it every time he touches the puck next time he's in Detroit for a game.

Unless he doesn't make Chicago's team next year which is damned good possibility with the way he's been playing.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• .....on a different note.

Many of my family and aquaitences have asked me if I was going to attend a game as a farewell tribute to the Joe.

My answer was no. There is nothing about the Joe that draws me to want to see one more game there like the Olympia did.

Thursday, Mr. Unsociable called me and asked me what I am doing at 1:00 on Saturday. My reply: Working.

He asked if I could get off early because he wanted to treat me to the Wings Avs game as a farewell salute to the Joe as well as celebrating the 20th anniversary of what was the greatest rivalry in the NHL.

When you are asked if you want to make a memory while celebrating old memories, only someone with a severe memory problem would not see the value in spending the time watching two once proud franchises fight for the title of cellar deweller.

Never turn down a chance to make a memory with a loved one no matter how poor the entertainment level might be.

Actually, since he is quite an accomplished player himself and I was his coach for the formative years of his career, we will both probably be doing play by play criticism of players from both sides that will allow the conversation to continue for months after the game is over.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Oh man that cool! So you're going?

I know both teams suck right now but I bet that place will still be rocking. That's going to be awesome before, during and after the game. Send the place out the right way.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The one I really wish I'd have went to was Tiger stadium and its farewell. I loved place.

CoPa is nice but nothing beat skipping school and going to a Tigers game.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            The one I really wish I'd have went to was Tiger stadium and its farewell. I loved place.

CoPa is nice but nothing beat skipping school and going to a Tigers game.
            I had a long time customer that was an usher at Tiger Stadium. The year after the Tigers won the world series (1985) right after they returned up North from training camp for the 1986 season, he brought me in a signed baseball by the entire squad (It was the '86 squad not the '85 squad but I believe there was only one or two players different at the start of '86). I cherish that ball and is under glass on display in my office.

He also awarded me with 4 tickets behind home plate for the second to last game every played in Tiger Stadium. My youngest two boys were very young but still remember me taking them to that game and they say it with a big smile on their face when recalling it.

.......again, memories.......
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• FAKE ball Mark. Tigers won series in '84.

Comment

• Cool memories Mark!
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                  FAKE ball Mark. Tigers won series in '84.
                  FAKE BALL!!! FAKE BALL!!!
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• "It is one thing to trash the coach and the system but, to trash the Area?"
                    --------------------------------------Agree Mark. I have never been a Detroit area fan but they have made HUGE improvements. Chicago is a great destination which Detroit is trying to emulate and are doing a good job. Just stay in the "safe" areas. Chicago has more murders than Detroit.

"The year after the Tigers won the world series (1985) "
                    -------------------------------Your memory is going. Look at the ball again. LOL
                    Last edited by DanO; March 18, 2017, 11:07 AM.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                      --------------------------------------Agree Mark. I have never been a Detroit area fan but they have made HUGE improvements.
                      Absolutely! The last time I was there I couldn't believe how great downtown was getting. Give it 10 years and it'll be a completely different city.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I didn't have a problem with it, but he is a professional and should have chose his words more carefully that's for sure. Rest assured the boring people in Michigan will definitely let him hear about it every time he touches the puck next time he's in Detroit for a game.

Unless he doesn't make Chicago's team next year which is damned good possibility with the way he's been playing.
                        Its not a good look for a professional athlete to talk down about a city after being traded. Don't really remember it happing to much, I do remember Manny saying the same thing about Boston when he was traded to the Dodgers.

Comment

• Fake Ball? Mark said the year 'after' the Tiger won the WS, 1985

The one I really wish I'd have went to was Tiger stadium and its farewell. I loved place. CoPa is nice but nothing beat skipping school and going to a Tigers game.
                          I went to a few games when the Tigers sucked at Comerica Park (my Dad had tickets at the time) the first few years. Wasn't impressed, but Tiger Stadium was a high bar. jaadam what city did you grow up in?

Comment

• I know. I picked up on the 85 comment. Not sure about the other schlep rocks
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• SHEAHAN SCORED A GOAL!!!!
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Just kidding...

But this was written a week ago..

You know a slump is taking on a life of its own when it has its own Twitter account.

Detroit Red Wings centre Riley Sheahan has set the new NHL standard for most shots on goal by a forward without scoring, putting 86 pucks on net this season without a single one of them finding the back of it.

The previous benchmark for shooting futility was held by Craig Adams, who put 84 shots on goal without scoring during the 2009-10 season with Pittsburgh. The last time Sheahan scored was roughly 11 months ago in the Wings' final regular-season contest against the New York Rangers, and he's been active in all but two of Detroit's games since. No (known) injuries have kept him out of the lineup, but a whole bunch of bad luck and even worse finish around the net has kept him off the scoresheet for a record length of time.

A Twitter account named Did Sheahan Score which was created in December has amassed over 2,200 followers and keeps fans updated with the latest developments surrounding Sheahan's historic slump.

Follow
                                Did Sheahan Score @DidSheahanScore
                                If you had a dollar for every goal Riley Sheahan has scored this year you'd have $0.
                                1:47 AM - 25 Feb 2017
                                184 184 Retweets 308 308 likes

Follow
                                Did Sheahan Score @DidSheahanScore
                                No
                                5:05 AM - 22 Feb 2017
                                131 131 Retweets 175 175 likes

Not only has Sheahan taken hold of the title for most consecutive unrewarded efforts in NHL history, but with zero goals so far this season, the 25-year-old is one of only 18 forwards in league history to play at least 60 games in a season without scoring, according to Hockey Reference.

Many on the list—Dave Brown, Ken Baumgartner, Craig Berube, Donald Brashear, Rob Ray—were straight up knuckle throwers and were rarely (if ever) expected to contribute offensively, but that's not the same for the once high-touted Sheahan, who has put up back-back double-digit goals in each of the past two seasons, including a career-high 14 in his second full NHL campaign last year.

Sheahan's slump perfectly encapsulates Detroit's terrible season. The Red Wings are on pace to miss the playoffs for the first time in 26 years, sitting ahead of only the Avalanche and Coyotes at No. 28 overall in the NHL with 61 points. This will mark the first time that the Red Wings won't be in the Stanley Cup playoffs since the 1989-90 campaign, a span of 25 straight postseasons, which is the longest such record in major North American professional sports.

For the first time in recent memory, the team was a seller rather than a buyer at this year's underwhelming trade deadline, and Sheahan's name was one of the most heavily rumoured to be moved out of the Motor City. Whether they were unable to get any takers or they decided that all factors pointed to this season being an anomaly for the former first-round pick, Sheahan's inability to score even once this season surely complicated things immensely for the Wings and any other potential suitors.

So, if you're reading this, congrats—there's someone out there scoring even less than you.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X