No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe McIlrath turns into that player. All he needs is Blashit to coach him up a little. He can't be worse than Ericsson and his ridiculous contract.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Moss has a long Ken Holland (rant) read today. Here is a small part of it.

Ken Holland was a Western scout for the Wings organization until 1994 when he became the assistant General Manager under Jimmy Devellano and Scotty Bowman. Ya might have heard of them or seen their busts on Yonge Street in Toronto at the Hockey Hall of Fame. Holland didn’t take over as GM until AFTER the Red Wings had already won their first Cup in 1997.

And do you want to know what Holland’s first piece of business was once he finally got the reins of this team? He got embroiled in a bitter contract dispute with the greatest two-way forward to ever lace it up for the organization. Which resulted in a poison-pill deal that left bitterness between Sergei Fedorov and Mike Ilitch that lasted for decades. But I will get to that momentarily.

So Holland didn’t become GM until 1998 — before then he was busy telling Scotty and Jimmy D. to draft Denis Potvin clones like Jamie Pushor and Jesse Wallin — and any Wings fan knows the FOUNDATION for this sustained success and the playoff streak and whatever went with it was built in 1983 and 1989.

Comment

• Moss isn't wrong when it comes to Holland taking credit for basically doing nothing of value. He needs to be fired.

Hell, the Wings could have had Yzerman as the GM right now if Holland's fragile ego would have allowed it.

Comment

• Where is that article at?
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Now Moss is reporting Kelle Ilitch — the wife of Ilitch Holdings, Inc. CEO Chris Ilitch — has been gossiping to her friends that both the Tigers AND the Wings will be going up on the market due to the family’s intense concerns over tax issues.

While it’s not shocking that Chris Ilitch would look to sell his father’s baby — no matter how many naive columns Jeff Seidel writes in the Free Press about Chris playing catch with his kid — the news that the Red Wings could also be sold is surprising. Speculation has been rampant in the Detroit business community that the Tigers would not remain in the Ilitch family and with a potential valuation of $1.5 billion, it would be hard to blame Chris for selling to the highest bidder.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              Now Moss is reporting Kelle Ilitch ? the wife of Ilitch Holdings, Inc. CEO Chris Ilitch ? has been gossiping to her friends that both the Tigers AND the Wings will be going up on the market due to the family?s intense concerns over tax issues.

While it?s not shocking that Chris Ilitch would look to sell his father?s baby ? no matter how many naive columns Jeff Seidel writes in the Free Press about Chris playing catch with his kid ? the news that the Red Wings could also be sold is surprising. Speculation has been rampant in the Detroit business community that the Tigers would not remain in the Ilitch family and with a potential valuation of $1.5 billion, it would be hard to blame Chris for selling to the highest bidder.
              Interesting. Though I am not sure how much I would believe that it being about tax issues since a couple years ago Mike Illitch set up Chris to take over the Wings and Tigers. I would have thought the tax issues would have been dealt with as Mike Illitch was setting up the succession.

Also interesting that Chris I. saying there is no budget cap on the Tigers. I can the Tigers being sold down the road, but I don't think it will be soon. If they are looking to sell they will wait until the Marlins are sold (that is thought to be 1.6-1.7 billion price tag there) because the Tigers are worth way more than the Marlins. I cant see Chris selling for at least a couple seasons because I think he wants to get a World Series ring for his father's memory. That was the one thing that Mr. I wanted more than anything. And to give it a couple more tries for his father's sake.
              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Selling the Tigers is one thing but the Wings another. Why would they want to sell them right now when a brand new arena is being built for next year?

If its true I'd like to see Dan Snyder come in and grab one.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• One thing to consider is that new owners get all sorts of tax breaks on their spending the first 5 years (feds not state). That is why a new owner usually will spend a bunch first couple of years.
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I can't wait to fire this dumbass HC.. We're sitting Mantha and his production but Charlie Hustle Sheahan will be around to pick up the slack with his 0 goals, 9 assists and -20 +/-

DETROIT - Anthony Mantha leads the Detroit Red Wings in goals per game, is second in points and is tied for first in plus-minus rating.

But, he'll be watching tonight's game against the Chicago Blackhawks at Joe Louis Arena as a healthy scratch.

Despite his offensive success, Mantha of late hasn't been competing hard enough, particularly defensively, to suit coach Jeff Blashill.

Blashill called it part of the development process for a 22-year-old player.

"There's opportunities in coaching to have kind of teaching moments to make sure the trajectory of the player is upward as we're going to need him to be," Blashill said. "He's going to be a great player in the league, he's going to be a great player for us still this year, but tonight we're going to give him an opportunity to watch and then he'll get back in there, and when he gets his opportunity I assume he's going to be great."
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Sheahan basically has an assist every 10 games or so. Def have to keep that production in the lineup..
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        I can't wait to fire this dumbass HC.. We're sitting Mantha and his production but Charlie Hustle Sheahan will be around to pick up the slack with his 0 goals, 9 assists and -20 +/-
                        I agree 100%

If Blashill is not happy with Mantha's production, don't healthy scratch him, drop him to the fourth line and sit Sheahan. That way Mantha still gets the game experience and teaching experience. This coach is a joke. By the way, loved the article on Ken Holland. Fire his ass as well.
                        Last edited by SnowMeiser; March 10, 2017, 07:40 PM. Reason: Additional point
                        All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          Selling the Tigers is one thing but the Wings another. Why would they want to sell them right now when a brand new arena is being built for next year?

If its true I'd like to see Dan Snyder come in and grab one.
                          Did you mean Dan Gilbert?

Comment

• OH MAN!! What a terrible mistake that was!!

Ha! yeah Glbert
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Blashit sat Mantha again last night against the Rangers. That's 2 games in a row he's sat one of our best scoring wings because of a lack of back checking yet Sheahan won't be sat because he sucks.

Unless he's tanking I don't get it.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• This is the last good memory I will have of Joe Louis arena - last night

Comment

Working...
                                X