Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    We got a young D from FL as well. Dylan McIlrath who was the #10 overall pick in the 2010 draft. He hasn't spent much time in the NHL but he's huge. He's 6'5 and isn't scared to play physical and can fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5bNjd_ttyI
    That wasn't in the original report I saw, glad we got him though. I thought just a 3rd was not enough for Vanek.
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
      That wasn't in the original report I saw, glad we got him though. I thought just a 3rd was not enough for Vanek.
      A nasty blue liner is what this team needs.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Holland could have waited until 2:45 to accept this and would have allowed more time for other teams to bid.. this defenseman we got had been waived earlier in the season...wow...what a valuable return... clownshow

Comment

• The defenseman they got sounds like a career minor leaguer.

Comment

• Yeah, that was NOT a particularly good return for Vanek. Not AWFUL, but not great either.

Comment

• Yeah I didn't realize how many times he's cleared waivers this season. He's still a dman that has size and can drop the gloves. Doesn't seem like a lot in return for Vanek but the market dropped out for him. I thought a second would be bare minimum of what we'd get for his kind of production.

It's disappointing but we still stockpiled enough picks for this years draft to make it possible for moving up. We have 4 3rd rounders which will give us flexibility
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                Yeah I didn't realize how many times he's cleared waivers this season. He's still a dman that has size and can drop the gloves.
                Which is why he's been waiver bait. Large defensemen that throw the gloves have become far less important than defensemen that can move, play positioning, and move the puck.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  Which is why he's been waiver bait. Large defensemen that throw the gloves have become far less important than defensemen that can move, play positioning, and move the puck.
                  .......but they are a reason people will tune in to watch to see who's ass is going to get kicked when the other team takes liberties.

Comment

• Vanek did say he liked playing in Detroit so we could get him back in the offseason. Of course that could also be cliche city so who knows
                    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      .......but they are a reason people will tune in to watch to see who's ass is going to get kicked when the other team takes liberties.
                      Which is fine. But ya know what people like more?

When their team wins. You cripple yourself with each lumbering, immobile brute you put on your roster. Them's the facts. I know you hate it. I know you cling to a stupid narrative that isn't the least bit true at the professional level. But them's the facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        Which is fine. But ya know what people like more?

When their team wins. You cripple yourself with each lumbering, immobile brute you put on your roster. Them's the facts. I know you hate it. I know you cling to a stupid narrative that isn't the least bit true at the professional level. But them's the facts.
                        Well, Wings were capable of winning with the likes of Probert, Ciccerrilli and McCarty on their rosters so having a "goon" does not mean you can not also win.

Comment

• Yes... during a bygone era before NHL front offices became wise to how stupid it was to waste a roster spot on someone who couldn't actually play the game simply because of "intimidation."

Comment

• I would suggest that Ciccerelli and McCarty could both play the game, Probie might be harder to argue for.

Comment

• What you want is a solid hockey player that can also mix it up a bit.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                                What you want is a solid hockey player that can also mix it up a bit.
                                Yessir.

Comment

Working...
                                X