Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
    Like Jimmy Howard said he doesn't want to hear about backing in. Played 82 games and we're in, it's a new season the real season.

Marko how many really good Red Wing teams got bounced in the first round? Every year I say it, just get in anything can happen.

I have a good feeling about playing Tampa, this is my 'March Madness' playoff hockey and I can't wait. I will judge Blashill on the playoffs Jaadam. So far so good.
    I do not see the consistency of play or the physical play needed to advance deep into the playoffs.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Ken wipes his brow and takes a sip.

Exactly! lol don't care, I'm staying positive and nobody can stop me.

untill further notice

Comment

• Nothing wrong with staying positive and much truth to the fact you can't win it all if you don't get in.

Comment

• Pavel is gone after the playoffs. One of the greatest to ever play the game. I refuse to be mad at him and wish him the best.

Comment

• Ya, just saw that and tried to read the article but Freep is temporarily unavailable and I have not received my paper yet.

Comment

• My favorite player probably since Yzerman in a long list of great Red Wings. Glad he announced it ahead of time, even more insintive to watch Dats last games as a Wing. Will be missed

Comment

• His nickname is certainly fitting.

Comment

• Paper arrived.

I can not blame Datsyuk for wanting to be a part of his childs life through teenagehood.

Comment

• I mentioned in reference to the NFL, but it certainly applies in this case as well. When you pay players as much money as they are making in today's sports climate, they are enabled to do pretty much what ever they want. They don't need the money to support a family etc ... if the want to retire they can afford to. If they want to go off the grid they can afford to. It's not like years ago when guys occasionally had to get second jobs in the off season to support a family.

Best of luck to Pavel ... you've earned your right to enjoy life and do whatever the heck you want to do.
                    Forever One!

Comment

• I am guessing the only thing that can persuade him differently would be a deep run in the playoffs.

Comment

• don't see it ... you either want to play or you don't. Sometimes 7.5 million is more than enough to get a guy to play 'want' to play again, in this case it's not. Datysuk, if he's reasonably good with money will never have to work in his life again, whether he collect the money for next year or not.
                        Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                          Apparently Pavel may be going back to Russia after this season.

https://twitter.com/NHLonNBCSports/s...36343044182016
                          Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          Report: Niklas Lidstrom may leave for Sweden (and Red Wings would be stuck with his cap hit).

Sincerely,

The year 1998, 2001, 2003, etc...
                          Guess this isn't a contract ploy, eh Chemi?
                          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                            I mentioned in reference to the NFL, but it certainly applies in this case as well. When you pay players as much money as they are making in today's sports climate, they are enabled to do pretty much what ever they want. They don't need the money to support a family etc ... if the want to retire they can afford to. If they want to go off the grid they can afford to. It's not like years ago when guys occasionally had to get second jobs in the off season to support a family.

Best of luck to Pavel ... you've earned your right to enjoy life and do whatever the heck you want to do.
                            Really? Because it sounds like he's actively screwing the Wings here. At the very least, he should gets TONS more hate in this town than Fedorov.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                              Guess this isn't a contract ploy, eh Chemi?
                              So... you're okay with him fucking the Wings over... but when Illitch fucked himself over by letting Fedorov go, Sergei became persona non grata?

Makes sense.

Comment

• When did I say I was okay with this? I posted he was probably leaving two weeks ago and you pretty much blew it off.

I think it sucks about the cap hit, but I don't otherwise care what athletes do when it comes to retiring early or what not. Ownership holds all the cards already, especially in the NFL where most money on contracts isn't guaranteed.
                                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Working...
                                X