Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, looks, he may be out there, but he's YOUR guy. He'll win. He'll win lots.

Nothing Eichenberg said particularly surprises me. Nor do I really care. He''s not my guy.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Recruiting is probably a whole of coaches "talking to themselves", especially before they really know the kid.
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
        JH's MO seems to be follow Riley for talent evaluation..
        Reality is most unbiased kids would choose UM over UN if given the opportunity.
        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Onwenu (I think he was one quoted in the article) had the money quote....they all say the same thing about football...at the end of the day it's comfort and relationships. Paraphrasing -- but not much -- he pretty much said just that.

Remember that. That ought to be your golden standard rule when it comes to recruiting, and you ought to make exceptions to it only where absolutely warranted.

Comment

• I actually thought of you when I read that...knew you'd quote him.
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• A perfect example is going to happen in about an hour. Damar Hamlin, a Western Pennsylvania kid, will pick Pitt over OSU. Pitt doesn't compare to OSU in any way shape or form when it comes to CFB. They're not even playing the same game. But Pitt is home. He likes Narduzzi plenty well enough to stay home. And that's where he'll almost certainly play.

That's why Partridge=Gary.

Comment

• USC just got a commitment from a kicker, Micheal Earl Brown, PWO status. That means #1 ranked Kicker Quinn Nordin will be joining Michigan on the 3rd.

Wonder if he will be bunking at North Quadrangle or the Harbaugh's during his first year?
                "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• FWIW, as I mentioned, Schiano:Fuller=Partridge:Gary. IMO, both were 95% home when they were hired. So long as HC was good it was a done deal.

Ignore the ginned up drama for Gary.

Comment

• did Fuller go OSU?

Comment

• As expected.

Comment

• Gary down to Clemson and Michigan. I'm preparing for the worse. Talent is wrong this time. I'm having Da'Shawn Hand flashbacks.

"The academics, and the academic support, I was pleasantly surprised with everything at Clemson," Coney said. "The staff, the whole staff, the whole student body. I'm not talking about the football players, and the football players were phenomenal, but the whole student body. The players want them to recruit good football players because it's only going to make them better.
                        "The football players didn't feel threatened. They were embracing him. Rashan liked that. They were giving Rashan so much love, and I liked that. There were some schools that were like, 'Oh, Rashan Gary.' and knowing the (competition) would be there. But not Clemson. Those kids, oh my gosh." I could see the love was so genuine," Coney said. "You can tell if it was all show or whether it was sincere. It was sincere."

Stay up to date with all the College sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com
                        Last edited by Rocky Bleier; February 1, 2016, 08:22 PM.
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Looks like Nordin is ours, Hill should be Blue. Need Gary too. After those three, anyone else is icing, just pray we don't lose Gary. Decent chance Alaric Jackson OT goes Blue.

Comment

• Clemson having Dexter Lawrence and Rashan Gary. That'd be a great DT combo 3 years from now... or even next season?
                            Last edited by Cody_Russell; February 1, 2016, 08:00 PM. Reason: Spell Check
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Rocky:

You remind me of a saying that my father had: " A pessimist is merely an optimist with experience"

Comment

• They already have Wilkins, too.

The Clemson chatter will build. Angst and gnashing of teeth to follow. Joy when charade is over.

Comment

Working...
                                X