Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No thanks, you indoctrinating Groomer! I'm going to stick with women. Stop pushing your rainbow agenda.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• 'Got Wood?'

Dude it was right there.
      Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
        'Got Wood?'

Dude it was right there.
        Making me think of that social studies class at school. One lesson learning about surnames. Smith meaning that at one point there were blacksmiths in the family or tinsmiths …… Names like Fletcher, Baker, Butcher etc etc.
        My buddy James Smallwood wasn’t best pleased when the teacher got round to discussing him.

My name means I dressed up women for their wedding day. 🤦‍♂️
        Always wondered how Jaadam managed to suss out the nails thing!
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Making me think of that social studies class at school. One lesson learning about surnames. Smith meaning that at one point there were blacksmiths in the family or tinsmiths …… Names like Fletcher, Baker, Butcher etc etc.
            My buddy James Smallwood wasn’t best pleased when the teacher got round to discussing him.

There's a rich dude near where I live named Richard Cummings. He insists on Richard, for obvious reasons.

Anyway, he was the majority donor for a elementary school renovation in Grandville. Cummings Elementary School.

To this day, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall of THAT board meeting.

"I don't care how much money he donated! I'm not signing off on this!"

"You're outvoted. Cummings for the elementary is happening."

"Do you have to announce it like that?"
            Last edited by chemiclord; August 5, 2022, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• A company I worked for had a CEO named Dick Brown. This guy was a real piece of work, he left the company in disgrace with a golden parachute and a SEC investigation. But he loved sending company wide emails on how great he was doing. In your inbox the sender is categorized by last name, first name. We always got a chuckle when we saw one of those emails.

Comment

• But would you rather get an email about a Brown Dick, or a Dick Cummings.

Which one would you click on? Geezer is clicking both.... because you know he is.......
                Lions Fans.

Comment

Hung out today with my brother-in-law, sister, niece and nephew. Fletchers.

What did they do again? Enjoy Chevy Chase movies?
                  Lions Fans.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      A company I worked for had a CEO named Dick Brown. This guy was a real piece of work, he left the company in disgrace with a golden parachute and a SEC investigation. But he loved sending company wide emails on how great he was doing. In your inbox the sender is categorized by last name, first name. We always got a chuckle when we saw one of those emails.
                      2o years ago I worked with a guy named Richard Seaman. He got no relief
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Dude, making folks go to YouTube for a 15 second video? Booooooo youuuuuuuuu
                        1. Click the Insert video button
                        2. Insert video in blank space
                        3. Click okay
                        4. Click post reply

You're welcome

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

2o years ago I worked with a guy named Richard Seaman. He got no relief
                          Damn, you'd think he'd have bust a nut at least once with a name like that.

Comment

• Believe it or not but he wasn't a d!ck either. A cool guy even through all the jabs

Comment

• Sure "Baby Daddy", your highness, or whatever people who think that money puts their rights above others... Ignore your transgressions and punish the workers. So American

Jerry Jones unsurprised owner misconduct included in argument on behalf of Deshaun Watson

Posted by Charean Williams on August 7, 2022, 7:48 PM EDT

Getty Images

In his argument for Deshaun Watson, the NFL Players Association specifically pointed to owners who weren’t punished at all or weren’t punished significantly for actual or potential violations of the Personal Conduct Policy. The NFLPA focused on Daniel Snyder, Robert Kraft and Jerry Jones.

On Sunday, Jones spoke to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram about his inclusion in the NFLPA’s brief. Jones made clear he “can’t talk about any club, Watson or to refer to anybody’s punishment,” but called comparing owners’ punishment to that of players as “shooting volleys.”

“It is a standard Players Association comeback,” Jones told Hill. ”That is the drill. That is the drill to go around to say you didn’t punish such and such. Anybody would know that every player case and every case that involves non-players in the NFL are dealing with dramatically different principle facts, which is all the difference in the world.”

The Personal Conduct Policy says, “Ownership and club or league management have traditionally been held to a higher standard and will be subject to more significant discipline when violations of the Personal Conduct Policy occur.”

The league, though, did not investigate the 2015 voyeurism scandal involving former Cowboys vice president of communications Rich Dalrymple, which led to $2.4 million settlement with four former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.

That provided the NFLPA with ammunition in its argument for a lighter sentence for Watson, whose six-game suspension from disciplinary officer Sue L. Robinson now faces a league appeal.

Jones said the argument was “not unexpected.”

“It would be like walking down to the courthouse and saying, ‘You didn’t give that guy that much,’ and not take into account what the action was or the circumstances behind it,” Jones told Hill. “That’s called shooting volleys. That’s just shooting stuff over your back. That’s the way I look at it when I see something like that.”

Standard Karen talking points. It's call PRECEDENT and he knows that. He bets his team's fans and the fans of the NFL don't. Which most won't. Every case is, did he/she do something wrong? Yes? Punish. No. Let it go. It's literally that simple.

Comment

• For London Lion. From WSJ today. Lion: is this article true?

"There are catastrophes and calamities, and then there’s what’s happening in the United Kingdom’s energy market. Reports this week point to spiraling costs for households and businesses this winter, pushing millions of Britons closer to poverty. It’s a steep price for climate alarmism.

Households are likely to see the average bill for electricity and natural gas climb to £4,400 ($5,370) a year in the first half of 2023, according to a report this week from Cornwall Insight, a consulting firm. This is after the regulatory price cap shot up 54% to about £2,000 in April with another 40%-plus increase due in October and further increases after that.

Britain’s median income after direct taxes is £31,400. Skyrocketing fuel prices could push 10.5 million households, or one-third, into fuel poverty next year, says the End Fuel Poverty Coalition. Fuel poverty is when energy costs drag household disposable income below the government’s official poverty line.

That doesn’t include the energy costs households pay indirectly. Businesses, whose prices aren’t capped, have seen electricity costs rise in the past year between 45% and 122% depending on company size, and gas prices between 131% and 185%. These costs inevitably will be passed on via higher prices, lower wages or lower returns to pension savers.
                                Politicians are eager to dodge responsibility for this disaster, and Russia offers a convenient excuse. Vladimir Putin’s Ukraine invasion and the resulting energy supply disruptions have pushed up global natural-gas prices. Some 86% of households in England rely on natural gas for hot water and central heating, and gas powers one-third of Britain’s electricity generation, the most of any single source.

But these trends are inseparable from Britain’s homegrown fixation with achieving net-zero CO2 emissions by 2050. That’s Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s worst mistake, which is making the energy crisis worse.

Start with the direct costs, such as taxes and levies. Various green charges add £153 to the annual household bill, the industry regulator says. But other net-zero costs lurk in household energy bills and budgets. The electric grid operator spent about £3.4 billion over the past year on balancing costs to match supply to demand in real time—a cost that tends to be higher due to the unreliability of wind and solar, and that’s passed to consumers by utilities. Higher commercial energy costs mean higher prices for goods and services.

Another imponderable is how much lower gas prices would be if Britain produced more itself. Conservative Party administrations have flirted for years with proposals for shale-gas fracking in northern England only to lose their nerve. Lately the party has grown hostile to North Sea drilling, as companies see a government promising to diminish the industry under net zero while imposing windfall profits taxes.

Britain’s energy emergency is a growing threat to an economy expected to be among the developed world’s worst performers next year. It’s a political emergency for the Tories, who are in the process of replacing Mr. Johnson. Former Chancellor Rishi Sunak and Foreign Secretary Liz Truss both say they support fracking and lower taxes on energy bills, although both still pay lip service to net zero. There’s little evidence environmentally minded voters give the Tories credit for net zero and ample evidence voters of all persuasions blame the party for the energy-price crisis.

So much for those who say conservative parties need to adopt the left’s climate agenda to court younger voters. Net zero has turned the Tories into the party that is impoverishing Britain. As steep a price as the party may one day pay at the polls for this blunder, households already are paying dearly today."

Comment

Working...
                                X