NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awww what a big meanie
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Azhat Coach = Terrible coach seems to have a direct correlation. ONE outlier and everyone else wants his lackeys to be him. Nope. THAT guy also doesn't tell them everything. Why else would ALL them fail so miserably. You would think one would be a good NFL coach.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Jaguars owner selling yacht for $199 million

Posted by Darin Gantt on October 8, 2020, 8:43 AM EDT

Getty Images

It’s easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you’ve got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when he can’t put football fans in the seats.

In a sign that everyone has to tighten up the budget here and there during the pandemic, Jaguars owner Shad Khan is selling his yacht.

According to News4Jax.com, Khan is selling the yacht Kismet for the low, low price of $199 million.

The 300-foot yacht was built in 2014, and includes eight staterooms which can sleep 16, a helipad, sundeck, swimming pool, a full-service spa and a one-of-a-kind outdoor fireplace. You can check out the details here.

Khan’s the fourth-richest NFL owner, and the 66th-richest American according to Forbes, with a net worth of $7.8 billion.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Texans owner: DeAndre Hopkins wasn’t going to fit financially

Posted by Charean Williams on October 7, 2020, 9:53 PM EDT

Getty Images

If the Texans hadn’t traded DeAndre Hopkins, maybe they aren’t 0-4. Maybe Hopkins holds onto the pass Will Fuller couldn’t Sunday.

But the Texans gave away Hopkins on March 21, have started the season 0-4 and fired Bill O’Brien as General Manager and coach Monday.

On Wednesday, Texans owner Cal McNair addressed the firing of O’Brien and the trade of Hopkins to Arizona.

Hopkins had three years and $40 million left on his contract, but none of the money was guaranteed. He had outplayed the extension he signed before the 2017 season.

O’Brien previously said Hopkins’ desire for more money led to his departure.

Hopkins ended up signing a two-year extension with the Cardinals in September worth $54.5 million with $42.75 million guaranteed.

“We would’ve loved to have Hopkins on our team, but when you have a franchise left tackle, which we re-did his contract, which by the way, he’s playing at a top-five level right now,” McNair said on Sports Radio 610 on Wednesday. “The franchise left tackle is a huge piece of the puzzle. We have a franchise quarterback, which is what we’ve been looking for, for years, and what every team is looking for and trying to get. And we have them. And we have a very firm belief that Deshaun is our guy. So we had those two major contracts. As you look across the league, we are paying more than anyone, and it’s not really very close on our roster.

“So when Hopkins wanted to re-do his contract, it just wasn’t something we could do. We did trade him. We moved him. We moved him to a team that had the salary cap room to extend. We moved him to a team that I know the owners. It’s a great ownership. We moved him to a team that has an exciting and fun offense. I think we did a good job placing him in a good place. He’s a talent, talented guy. We would love to have him, but it wasn’t going to fit financially with all the constraints that we have in operating under the salary cap. It just wasn’t possible to do at this time.”

Hopkins responded on Twitter before later deleting it.

“Since I’am [sic] my own agent I guess I can speak on my clients departure. Kyle [sic] you never responded to my client when he thanked you after his departure. My client never asked for a new deal he asked for a bandaid deal which means a little raise. My client is very happy in AZ btw!”

The Chiefs somehow have found a way to pay their core players, including receiver Tyreek Hill.

But if the Texans decided they couldn’t afford to re-sign Hopkins, then they should have gotten more for him. They acquired only running back David Johnson, a 2020 second-round choice (defensive lineman Ross Blacklock) and a 2021 fourth-round choice in return for the receiver and a fourth-rounder.

The Bills acquired Stefon Diggs and a 2020 seventh-round pick from the Vikings in exchange for a 2020 first-round pick, a 2020 fifth-round pick, a 2020 sixth-round pick and a 2021 fourth-round pick.

Diggs has never made the Pro Bowl much less earned All-Pro honors each of the past three seasons like Hopkins has.

The Texans have no General Manager, no head coach, no Hopkins and no hope for 2020. The 1992 Chargers are the only team that has rebounded from an 0-4 start to make the playoffs.

Comment

• Hopkins agent is a hoot. My client is a 28 year old star WR and I'm just asking for a bandaid contract when my guy has 0 guaranteed monies and Julio, 3 years older is making 20 million a year?

Stop it already.

Comment

• Just sitting watching some old VCR footage of 'NFL this week' from the 90/91 season. The Lions were 35-14 up at home to the Washington Redskins. They bring on their backup QB(Jeff Rutledge) and proceed to beat us in overtime. Some things never change *sigh*.

Comment

• Rumor that Dwayne Haskins will be traded.
                Damn, Washington bailing on him fast!

Question is if the Lions should give it a shot.... wish I could find our Dwayne Haskins discussion during the 2019 NFL Draft thread... believe I wasn’t a fan.
                Red flag at Ohio State that EVERYTHING around Haskins was elite. Elite OLine, WRs, RBs, coaching, etc. Questionable pocket presence. Shaky when actually under pressure.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Okay, you trade for Haskins... then what? He'll fail worse than Stafford. Sure... you'll have your latest scapegoat, I guess, but it'll solve nothing.

Comment

• Fukkin Haskins
                    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Quin, get on the phone with Jerruh...........
                      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• This is spot on for FS' point that they should've drafted TUA ... but i stand firm that's only if they loved him.
                        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Reported by the Athletic that Atlanta Falcons have fired both their Head Coach and G.M. after losing today to fall to 0-5.
                          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
                            Reported by the Athletic that Atlanta Falcons have fired both their Head Coach and G.M. after losing today to fall to 0-5.
                            Sheila Quintricia says they have 1 and a possible wins.

Comment

• I'll point out that both GMs (O'Brien + Dimitroff) fired this year are ex-Patriots products.

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              Okay, you trade for Haskins... then what? He'll fail worse than Stafford. Sure... you'll have your latest scapegoat, I guess, but it'll solve nothing.
                              Stash and develop Haskins as QB3.
                              Haskins is only 23 years old and has talent, unlike the current backups in Detroit. It's only been 17 months since Haskins was drafted. Washington set him up to fail with their shitty offense:

Now trading for Haskins and taking on that contract? Yeah, not ideal... that's the issue. Dolphins tried this with Rosen and it didn't work out.
                              It's time to think of the next starting QB in Detroit and I think Haskins is a low risk idea.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Maybe he goes somewhere and he's tutored by a good QB guru. None of that is to be found in Detroit. PASS

I have always been in the he's the new "JaMarcus Russell" camp.

Comment

Working...
                                X