NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DARREN FELLSTE, HOUSTON TEXANS
    Darren Fells caught two passes for 57 yards and a touchdown in Week 5 against Jacksonville.

Fells had increased snaps with Jordan Akins (ankle) inactive. His touchdown was a 44-yard catch against broken coverage — the Texans' longest play of the season. Akins looks likely to be back next week, but Fells will remain a TD-dependent streaming option against the Titans.

Oct 11, 2020, 5:25 PM
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• MECOLE HARDMANWR, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
      Mecole Hardman caught 2-of-3 targets for 50 yards in the Chiefs' Week 5 loss to the Raiders.

With Sammy Watkins injuring his hamstring in the second quarter, Hardman could be in for bigger snap shares the next couple weeks if Watkins' injury is as serious as it looked. Hardman will be a top waiver-wire pickup this week ahead of a Week 6 date with the Bills.

Oct 11, 2020, 5:22 PM
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• GERALD EVERETTTE, LOS ANGELES RAMS
        Gerald Everett caught 4-of-4 targets for 90 yards in the Rams' Week 5 win against Washington.

He led the Rams in receiving yards in a day that saw Jared Goff go over 300 yards. Everett got involved early, finding soft spots in the Washington coverage and rumbling downfield after the catch. On a day where Tyler Higbee saw two targets from Goff, it's worth asking which Rams tight end is more startable. Both guys profile as low-end TE2s next week against the Niners.

RELATED:
        Oct 11, 2020, 5:13 PM

Comment

• SAMMY WATKINSWR, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
          Sammy Watkins caught both of his targets for 24 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 5 loss to the Raiders before leaving with a hamstring injury.

Watkins' hamstring knocked him out of the game in the second quarter as he grabbed it mid-route and never returned to the field. It had the look of a multi-week injury. Watkins did catch a red-zone touchdown from Patrick Mahomes before leaving the contest, but we'd say he's most likely going to miss next week's date with the Bills. Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson soaked up the snaps behind Tyreek Hill.

Oct 11, 2020, 4:53 PM

Comment

• TRAVIS FULGHAMWR, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
            Travis Fulgham caught 10-of-13 targets for 152 yards and a touchdown in the Eagles' Week 5 loss to the Steelers.

Fulgham has bounced around multiple teams during his two years as a pro but now has a home and a defined role with the Eagles. Philly has been ravaged by receiver injuries this year. They were without their top three options at receiver this week plus Dallas Goedert (ankle, IR). He led the team in targets and no other Eagles player saw more than six looks from Carson Wentz. Fulgham is one of the best adds off the waiver at receiver and has some viability at flex if Philly's receiving room can't get healthy for Week 6.

Oct 11, 2020, 4:34 PM

Comment

• DEREK CARR QB, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS Derek Carr completed 22-of-31 passes for 347 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception in the Raiders' 40-32, Week 5 win over the Chiefs. The Raiders fell in a quick 14-3 hole at the start of the second quarter, but Vegas' defense completely shut down Patrick Mahomes for nearly the entire second half, and Carr did his best Mahomes impression in the second quarter. He tossed 59- and 72-yard touchdowns to Nelson Agholor and Henry Ruggs and mixed in a five-yarder to Darren Waller. The teams were knotted at 24-24 at halftime. Josh Jacobs scored a pair of touchdowns on the ground in the fourth frame to seal the win. Carr now has back-to-back 300-yard games and multiple touchdowns in four straight outings. Ruggs' return to the lineup really opens up the offense. The Raiders now have their bye week before a Week 7 date with the Bucs. Carr is still just a middling QB2 in fantasy. Oct 11, 2020, 4:31 PM

Comment

• Boss...

CHASE CLAYPOOLWR, PITTSBURGH STEELERS
                Chase Claypool caught 7-of-11 targets for 110 yards and three touchdowns in the Steelers' Week 5 win over the Eagles, adding a rushing touchdown on three carries.

Claypool stepped up with three scores through the air and an extra touchdown on the ground while Diontae Johnson was sidelined with a back injury. He also had a chance at another long play but was called for offensive pass interference. No Steelers receiver outside of Claypool saw more than five targets. Because he was so clearly the No. 1 wide receiver in this game, Claypool should be rostered in every league and could even be worth starting if Johnson is out for Week 6 when Pittsburgh faces the Browns.

Oct 11, 2020, 4:10 PM

Comment

• 2021 NFL Draft Order

October 12th, 2020 at 11:57am CST by Zach Links

With most of Week 5 in the books, we bring you a way-too-early look at the current order for the 2021 NFL draft. For non-playoff teams, the draft order will be determined by the inverted 2020 standings, plus a series of tiebreakers, starting with strength of schedule. After that, the same goes for the six clubs eliminated from each round of the postseason, with the final two picks determined by the outcome of the Super Bowl.

Here’s where things stand in the race to the bottom:
                  1. New York Giants (0-5)
                  2. Atlanta Falcons (0-5)
                  3. New York Jets (0-5)
                  4. Washington Football Team (1-4)
                  5. Minnesota Vikings (1-4)
                  6. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-4)
                  7. Miami Dolphins (via Houston Texans, 1-4)
                  8. Los Angeles Chargers (1-3)
                  9. Detroit Lions (1-3)
                  10. Denver Broncos (1-3)
                  11. Philadelphia Eagles (1-3-1)
                  12. Cincinnati Bengals (1-3-1)
                  13. Miami Dolphins (2-3)
                  14. San Francisco 49ers (2-3)
                  15. New Orleans Saints (2-2)
                  16. New England Patriots (2-2)
                  17. Arizona Cardinals (3-2)
                  18. Indianapolis Colts (3-2)
                  19. Dallas Cowboys (2-3)
                  20. Carolina Panthers (3-2)
                  21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-2)
                  22. Las Vegas Raiders (3-2)
                  23. Kansas City Chiefs (4-1)
                  24. Cleveland Browns (4-1)
                  25. Chicago Bears (4-1)
                  26. Baltimore Ravens (4-1)
                  27. Jacksonville Jaguars (via Los Angeles Rams, 4-1)
                  28. Tennessee Titans (3-0)
                  29. Green Bay Packers (4-0)
                  30. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-0)
                  31. Buffalo Bills (4-0)
                  32. New York Jets (via Seattle Seahawks, 4-0)

Comment

• Dammit

Sammy Watkins To Miss Time

October 12th, 2020 at 3:43pm CST by Andrew Ortenberg

The Chiefs are coming off a disappointing defeat at the hands of the Raiders where they lost as double-digit favorites, and now the offense is taking a blow. Receiver Sammy Watkins is expected to miss time with a hamstring injury, a source told Adam Schefter of ESPN.com (Twitter link).

The source told Schefter that the injury will sideline him “possibly a couple weeks.” Watkins has been having a solid but not spectacular season as a secondary option in Kansas City’s offense, with 21 catches for 222 yards and two touchdowns through their five games. He’s in the middle of his third season with the Chiefs after coming over from the Rams.

Watkins is seemingly always dealing with a health issue of some sort, and he hasn’t played a full 16-game season since his rookie campaign with Buffalo back in 2014. A player whose production has never quite lived up to his talent, there was a lot of talk this offseason about Watkins taking a paycut. He briefly flirted with taking a year off from the game, but ultimately agreed to reduce his salary from $14MM to $9MM (with another $7MM available in incentives) to stay with the team.

After an enormous Week 1 last year he quieted down before breaking out again in the playoffs. He had seven catches for 114 yards and a touchdown in the AFC Championship Game, and five catches for 98 yards in ther Super Bowl win over the 49ers. 2019 second-round pick Mecole Hardman will become the number two receiver and play a bigger role in Watkins’ absence.

Comment

• No that's good.
                      I over drafted Mecole Hardman in fantasy and he has been showing some flashes recently. Now it's Hardman's time to shine.

When one of the NY teams lands the 1st overall pick, that will end Daniel Jones or Sam Darnold's career. Another recent 1st RD QB to add to the bust list.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I like Jones, if the Giants let him go , he will be grabbed instantly

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                          No that's good.
                          I over drafted Mecole Hardman in fantasy and he has been showing some flashes recently. Now it's Hardman's time to shine.

When one of the NY teams lands the 1st overall pick, that will end Daniel Jones or Sam Darnold's career. Another recent 1st RD QB to add to the bust list.
                          Darnold is actually good. Replacing him does nothing for that franchise. They have about 50 players that need replacing. First order is the GM and coach.

Comment

• Daniel Jones showed flashes in 2019, but has been awful this season. 70.6 QB rating that doesn't take into account the costly fumbles.
                            Sam Darnold, same? IDK, I've watched the Jets once this year. 70.7 QB rating apparently. True though. Jets skills players are terrible outside of Crowder.

... I would guess that whichever QB shows the least amount of growth for the rest of the season will be on the team that ends up with the 1st overall pick. That team will dump their QB for Trevor Lawrence, the far superior draft prospect.
                            It will be similar to the Cardinals dumping Rosen for Murray.

Jets should fire HC Adam Gase.
                            Giants should fire GM Dave Gettleman.
                            Changes coming in NY!
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Darnold looks bad, and I wasn't a fan in college. But that's just an awful situation.

Comment

• I like Darnold too. He's just in a bad spot
                                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Working...
                                X