• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaguars trade Ronnie Harrison to Browns

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 3, 2020, 3:01 PM EDT

Getty Images

Safety Ronnie Harrison is on the move.

Harrison has been traded from the Jaguars to the Browns, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports. The Jaguars are getting a 2021 fifth-round pick.

The Browns have been in the safety market since Grant Delpit was lost for the season. Harrison can fill the void Delpit’s injury created.

Harrison originally joined the Jaguars as a third-round draft pick out of Alabama in 2018. Last year he started 14 games in Jacksonville.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

I wish that we could get J. Allen from them.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• What's funny is soon after I saw that, this tweet came out about the Jags "monitoring the (Clowney) situation." Like, WTF Jacksonville? It simply has to be horse shit.
      Sounds like the Saints and Titans are making a push to sign Clowney. Saints possibly leading.

Originally posted by UKBB View Post

You don't recognize Tom Brady?
      Tampa Bay's secondary.
      ... They have spent a lot of high draft picks on it recently. I forgot to mention 2018 2nd RD pick CB MJ Stewart, but he appears to be a bust already (cut from the team).

2017 - S Justin Evans, 2nd RD
      2018 - CB MJ Stewart, 2nd RD (no longer on TB roster)
      2018 - CB Calrton Davis, 2nd RD
      2019 - CB Sean Bunting, 2nd RD
      2019 - CB Jamel Dean, 3rd RD
      2020 - S Antoine Winfield Jr, 2nd RD.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'm glad that AP will have more free time this fall to beat his kids.
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Hmm Josh Rosen for nothing. I guess Washington might put in a claim, but if they don't ... should the Lions?

Tough one. I don't care one bit about Blough, but would there be anything Rosen could offer the Lions? Maybe if Stafford's back injury proves chronic. I'll get it either way with Rosen
          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I guess Minnesota or Pittsburgh would make sense for Rosen.

Comment

• I want the Lions to sign/ claim Rosen. Don't think Bob Quinn will do it though...
              Cheap developmental QB that has a much higher ceiling than Blough. I like Blough, but only see his ceiling as an ok backup QB. This coming from a guy that went to Purdue U and is obviously biased. Rosen has had a similar start to his NFL career as Alex Smith. So many bad situations and different offensive coordinators... Rosen needs a Jim Harbaugh to help get his career going in the right path.

To add more context/ slightly correct Schefter... I believe it will be 10 different OCs since 2014 after Rosen goes to a new team.
              Rosen would have had Kingsbury's playbook in Arizona before he was traded to Miami + a different OC in 2014 in high school.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Don’t you have to pick up his deal? Rosen is at $5.1 million. Don’t see that happening with the $ we spent on Chase.

Comment

• Yeah that would be the downside if the Lions claim Rosen through waivers.

I change my vote to Sidney Jones. Please claim Jones, Lions...
                  Undlin is familiar with him. Jones had a 1st RD draft grade before suffering a torn achillies prior to the 2017 draft I believe.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• In this league, nobody gives up on a young developmental QB - yet Rosen has been dumped by 2 BAD teams in 2 years - and both teams gave up resources for the opportunity to develop him.
                    Is there anything to develop?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                      Yeah that would be the downside if the Lions claim Rosen through waivers.

I change my vote to Sidney Jones. Please claim Jones, Lions...
                      Undlin is familiar with him. Jones had a 1st RD draft grade before suffering a torn achillies prior to the 2017 draft I believe.
                      For sure

Comment

• Achilles tend to be career enders. Those that recover you usually see signs they did in the 2nd year after surgery,

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                          Hmm Josh Rosen for nothing. I guess Washington might put in a claim, but if they don't ... should the Lions?

Tough one. I don't care one bit about Blough, but would there be anything Rosen could offer the Lions? Maybe if Stafford's back injury proves chronic. I'll get it either way with Rosen
                          If I were Rosen, I'd want to come here. He could get a shot at stability and MS isn't going to be around forever. As for the Lions, no backup QB they've had in the last 5 years had any kind of future. Why not see what he can do in a Bevell offense that is simplistic in nature?
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Mike Zimmer on only having two safeties: The roster is flexible

Posted by Josh Alper on September 8, 2020, 6:56 AM EDT

Getty Images

NFL teams released their first depth charts of the year on Monday and the Vikings didn’t have to spend much time thinking about how to list their safeties.

Anthony Harris and Harrison Smith are both returning starters and the only safeties on the team’s 53-man roster. Smith called it “kind of funny” to see the roster aligned that way and said he and Harris intend to play every snap, but it seems unlikely that the team would put all of its eggs in that basket.

Head coach Mike Zimmer said that “the roster is still flexible” without revealing any thoughts about how the team might back up Smith and Harris.

“We’ll have a plan moving forward,” Zimmer said, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press.

The Vikings have worked out Jahleel Addae and George Iloka recently and they signed Josh Metellus to the practice squad after cutting him on Saturday. Teams can promote two players a week from the practice squad to the active roster for gameday, so Metellus could wind up as a backup against the Packers.

Comment

• O Quinn, O Quinn. Whereforth art thou... <CRICKETS>

Jadeveon Clowney says he’s going to the Titans

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 6, 2020, 6:02 AM EDT
                              Jadeveon Clowney has finally found his team. Clowney has chosen the Titans, he told Josina Anderson. There’s no word on the value of the contract. “It came down to familiarity over economics,” Clowney said. “Packing now to head there in morning.” The Saints and Seahawks had also been mentioned as potential destinations for Clowney, the [more]

Titans waive franchise tag for Jadeveon Clowney in 2021

Posted by Mike Florio on September 6, 2020, 11:49 AM EDT
                              For the second straight year, defensive end Jadeveon Clowney will have a crack at the open market in March. Per a source with knowledge of the terms, Clowney’s compensation of “up to” $15 million on a one-year deal with the Titans includes a promise not to use the franchise tag in 2021. It means that, [more]

Saints tried “sign and trade” deal for Clowney, offered a pick for other team to take cap hit

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 6, 2020, 3:30 PM EDT
                              The Saints got creative in their pursuit of free agent defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, attempting an unusual move that would have seen another team sign Clowney first, pay him a bonus that would go on that team’s salary cap, and then trade him to the Saints. It didn’t work out and Clowney signed with the [more]

Titans list Jadeveon Clowney as starter with Vic Beasley behind him

Posted by Josh Alper on September 7, 2020, 5:02 PM EDT
                              The Titans haven’t practiced with either of their high-profile edge defenders yet, but that didn’t stop them from slotting one of them in as a starter on their first depth chart. Titans head coach Mike Vrabel said that the team will have Jadeveon Clowney in the facility for the first time on Tuesday and that [more]

Vrabel runs a Multiple D too right? Uh huh. Just waiting for the inevitable quotes from Quintricia, "We didn't feel he was a fit for our system." and "We feel good about the guys we have." 😒

Comment

• Bengals expect A.J. Green at full speed on Sunday

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 7, 2020, 5:39 PM EDT

Getty Images

Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green is finally ready to get back on the field.

Cincinnati coach Zac Taylor said today that he expects to see Green at full speed when the Bengals open the season on Sunday against the Chargers.

He looked good to me today. It’s good to have him back in the fold,” Taylor said, via Ben Baby of ESPN.

It will be good for the Bengals to see Green looking healthy again. A toe injury cut his season short in 2018 and an ankle injury forced him to miss the entire season in 2019. Green hasn’t played in a game since December 2, 2018, and he hasn’t made it through a game without getting hurt since October 28, 2018. The Bengals hope he’s a healthy target for Joe Burrow for 16 games this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X