Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
    Fournette is a Buc.
    Bucs are must watch TV with all of the big names on their team. They could turn out like the 2011 LA Lakers (Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Metta World Peace, Pau Gasol, and Dwight Howard) or the Eagles "DREAM TEAM."
    Still, entertaining.

Offense -
    QB - Tom Brady.
    RB - Leonard Fournette, RoJo, Shady, and Ke'Shawn Vaughn (3rd RD pick in 2020 Draft).
    WR - Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. Watch out for Scotty Miller to breakout this season too.
    TE - GRONK, OJ Howard, and Cameron Brate.
    OLine - Tristan Wirfs (1st RD pick in 2020 Draft). Guys like Donovan Smith and Ali Marpet were high draft picks and have been there forever.

Defense -
    Suh, Vita Vea, William Gholston (your dude, MSU fans), JPP, Devin White, Lavonte David, and Shaq Barrett.
    Young secondary, but draft nuts should be entertained with all of the high draft picks back there. Carlton Davis, Jamal Dean, Sean Bunting, Antoine Winfield Jr, and Justin Evans.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Bucs are must watch TV with all of the big names on their team. They could turn out like the 2011 LA Lakers (Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Metta World Peace, Pau Gasol, and Dwight Howard) or the Eagles "DREAM TEAM."
      Still, entertaining.

Offense -
      QB - Tom Brady.
      RB - Leonard Fournette, RoJo, Shady, and Ke'Shawn Vaughn (3rd RD pick in 2020 Draft).
      WR - Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. Watch out for Scotty Miller to breakout this season too.
      TE - GRONK, OJ Howard, and Cameron Brate.
      OLine - Tristan Wirfs (1st RD pick in 2020 Draft). Guys like Donovan Smith and Ali Marpet were high draft picks and have been there forever.

Defense -
      Suh, Vita Vea, William Gholston (your dude, MSU fans), JPP, Devin White, Lavonte David, and Shaq Barrett.
      Young secondary, but draft nuts should be entertained with all of the high draft picks back there. Carlton Davis, Jamal Dean, Sean Bunting, Antoine Winfield Jr, and Justin Evans.
      Who? The only name I recognize is Antoine Winfield Jr
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• BTW, for FFB purposes, all those RBs will be lesser then thought of because of the share. I'm glad I stayed away from all involved.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Yup. Bucs backfield seems like a heavy rbbc (running back by committee) situation. Spooky for fantasy football.
          Think you can say the same about our team though. Kerryon, Swift, and RB3 (whether it’s Bo, Ty, or Huntley) will get touches divided up.

Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
          Promise I’m not looking it up, just going off memory based off reading up on these guys during past drafts.

- Sean Bunting. 2nd Rd pick CB from Central Michigan. Some people here wanted Bunting. Sounding like he will have a breakout season.
          - Jamal Dean and Carlton Davis. Both 2nd Rd CBs from Auburn. Can’t remember who, but one of these guys had serious injury issues at Auburn.
          - Justin Evans. 2nd Rd S out of Texas A&M. I sometimes get him confused with Justin Reid...

A lot of high draft picks! Doesn’t necessarily mean they will be good. Could be a bunch of Teez Tabors.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
            Yup. Bucs backfield seems like a heavy rbbc (running back by committee) situation. Spooky for fantasy football.
            Think you can say the same about our team though. Kerryon, Swift, and RB3 (whether it’s Bo, Ty, or Huntley) will get touches divided up.

Promise I’m not looking it up, just going off memory based off reading up on these guys during past drafts.

- Sean Bunting. 2nd Rd pick CB from Central Michigan. Some people here wanted Bunting. Sounding like he will have a breakout season.
            - Jamal Dean and Carlton Davis. Both 2nd Rd CBs from Auburn. Can’t remember who, but one of these guys had serious injury issues at Auburn.
            - Justin Evans. 2nd Rd S out of Texas A&M. I sometimes get him confused with Justin Reid...

A lot of high draft picks! Doesn’t necessarily mean they will be good. Could be a bunch of Teez Tabors.
            Noooooo we didn't need a run down. That secondary is their weak spot.

Comment

• Dave Gettleman hints Giants waiting on right “timing” to cut DeAndre Baker

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 3, 2020, 5:20 AM EDT

Getty Images

Deandre Baker is still a Giant, but there’s little chance of him playing for the team again. He’s on the commissioner’s exempt list and is facing armed robbery charges in Florida, and General Manager Dave Gettleman hinted that the team is just waiting for the right time to cut ties.

Asked why the Giants haven’t cut Baker already, Gettleman referred to “timing.”

“That’s fair. That’s a fair question,” Gettleman said, via the New York Daily News. “All I can say to that is in life there’s timing that’s involved. In life there’s timing. And that’s how I’ll respond to that, OK?”

Gettleman may have been saying the Giants are making sure they have all their ducks in a row to be able to void the guarantees in Baker’s contract. Baker has played just one year of the four-year, $10.5 million guaranteed contract he signed with the Giants as the 30th overall pick in last year’s NFL draft, and the Giants will surely make the case that Baker’s actions have violated his contract and allow the team to void his guarantees.

Comment

• Vikings put Kenny Willekes on IR, cut four others

Posted by Josh Alper on September 2, 2020, 4:44 PM EDT

Getty Images

Vikings defensive end Kenny Willekes will spend his rookie season on injured reserve.

Willekes was placed on that list Wednesday and won’t be eligible to return to active duty with Minnesota this season because the move came before the cut to 53 players. The seventh-round pick out of Michigan State was one of 15 Vikings draft picks this year.

The Vikings made four other moves that bring them closer to the 53-man limit on Wednesday. They parted ways with running back Tony Brooks-James, linebacker Jordan Fehr, defensive end Stacy Keely and defensive end Anthony Zettel.

Brooks-James ran eight times for seven yards in three games for the Steelers last year while Zettel has appeared in 49 games for the Lions, Browns, Bengals and 49ers over the last four seasons.

Comment

• Contract Details: Decker, Mixon, Ngakoue, Dotson

September 2nd, 2020 at 5:00pm CST by Ben Levine

There have been a handful of extensions, reworked contracts, and brand-new deals signed over the past few weeks. We’ve provided updates on some of those notable deals below:
                  • Taylor Decker, LT (Lions): Four-year, $60MM extension. Includes $7.5MM signing bonus (paid out in 17 installments in 2020). Salaries: $6.85MM (2020), $13MM fully guaranteed (2021), $14.75MM fully guaranteed (2022), $13.7MM (2023), $12.95MM (2024). $250K workout bonuses (2022-2024), $500 roster bonus (2024). Via NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport on Twitter.
                  • Joe Mixon, RB (Bengals): Four-year, $48MM extension. Includes $10MM signing bonus. Salaries: $1.3MM (2020), $8MM (2021), $8MM (2022), $9.4MM (2023). $9.6MM club option in 2024. $500K in playing time bonuses, $200K in offseason workout bonuses (each season). Via Rapoport on Twitter.
                  • Yannick Ngakoue, DE (Vikings): One year, $12MM reworked deal. $8MM base salary and $4MM signing bonus. Via Star Tribune’s Ben Goessling on Twitter.
                  • Demar Dotson, RT (Broncos): One-year, $3MM deal. $1.15MM salary ($400K guaranteed). $100K roster bonus, $250K game-day roster bonuses. $1.5MM in incentives. Via Mike Klis of 9News on Twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

You don't recognize Tom Brady?
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post

You don't recognize Tom Brady?
                      He's playing in their secondary?

Comment

• Tanking in the NFL is done on a GM level. You are already there Gardner....

Gardner Minshew on tanking: Not going to let that crap happen

Posted by Josh Alper on September 4, 2020, 7:02 AM EDT

Getty Images

The already low expectations for the 2020 Jaguars season may have dipped even lower over the last week when the team traded defensive end Yannick Ngakoue and safety Ronnie Harrison while also cutting running back Leonard Fournette.

Both trades added to a sizable surplus of draft picks next season and the continuing teardown of the roster has led some to suggest that the team is tanking this season in order to position themselves for the future. Jaguars head coach Doug Marrone pushed back at that notion this week and quarterback Gardner Minshew did the same on Thursday.

“I think people see it from afar and see, ‘Oh they’re losing their biggest names.’ But that’s not how we feel,” Minshew said, via WJXT. “And I mean, realistically, I know if we’re tanking, coach Marrone, Dave Caldwell and [I] are probably going to be out of jobs. So I know us three and a lot of those other guys in the locker room are not going to let that crap happen. So I feel very confidently in everybody’s desire to win and that’s absolutely not anything that we envision happening.”

Minshew’s probably not wrong about what totally bottoming out would mean for many futures, so there’s little reason to think the team won’t be trying hard once the season starts. That said, an underpowered roster may still result in the bad results that tanking would bring to Jacksonville.

Comment

• Trent Williams thinks rookie Javon Kinlaw is a future defensive player of the year

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 4, 2020, 6:07 AM EDT

Getty Images

The 49ers traded away a Pro Bowl defensive tackle, DeForest Buckner, for the first-round draft pick that would become rookie defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw. San Francisco left tackle Trent Williams thinks the 49ers made a good move.

Williams said he’s been blown away by how well Kinlaw has played in his rookie training camp.

“Luckily I haven’t had to go against him in a one-on-one setting, him and [Laken Tomlinson] have some pretty epic battles, but I’ve had to block him in team play and he’s a ton man, he’s a lot to deal with,” Williams said on KNBR, via NBCSportsBayArea.com. “Even when he’s pulling off his rush, you still feel that power, you still feel that size. You can’t really teach that, you can’t really coach that. I tell him all the time he’s got Defensive Player of the Year written all over him. Getting with the D-line coach they have, [Kris] Kocurek is probably the best in the land, I honestly feel like he’s going to turn him into a nightmare in this NFL.”

Williams has been in the NFL since 2010 and has gone against many of the best defensive linemen in the league. Kinlaw has to look good to earn that kind of praise.

Comment

• Bears coach on QB competition: “It’s not clear-cut”

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 4, 2020, 5:58 AM EDT

Getty Images

Throughout training camp, the Bears have conducted a quarterback competition. Without an offseason of OTAs, or preseason games against other teams, the normal guideposts for a such a competition are absent.

So it stands to reason that Bears coach Matt Nagy is struggling with the Mitchell TrubiskyNick Foles conundrum.

“It is not easy,” Nagy said, via JJ Stankevitz of NBCSportsChicago.com. “It’s not clear-cut.”

Players are off today and tomorrow while the team cuts to 53, but the biggest decision they’ll make is who will lead them onto the field next Sunday against the Lions. Either way, Nagy said he was pleased with the way the process unfolded, and cited specific improvements both quarterbacks made during camp.

“Sometimes people say, ‘Well if you have two quarterbacks that means you don’t have any,’” Nagy said. “We know what we have in these guys. We feel really good about both of them.

“Being as brutally honest as I could be, it’s difficult.”

Nagy can only hope that whichever quarterback he picks can make it difficult for other teams as well, and not just his own.

Comment

• Cowboys release Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

Posted by Charean Williams on September 3, 2020, 5:04 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Cowboys signed Ha Ha Clinton-Dix in March to shore up their safety position.

They released Clinton-Dix on Thursday after he failed to win a starting job, Todd Archer of ESPN reports.

The Cowboys signed Clinton-Dix to a one-year, $3.75 million deal with $2.25 million in guarantees. His departure opens up $1.5 million in cap space.

Xavier Woods injured his groin in Sunday’s practice at AT&T Stadium, but the Cowboys’ move with Clinton-Dix is an indication Woods’ injury isn’t serious. The Cowboys, though, likely will scan the waiver wire for safety help.

Darian Thompson, who beat out Clinton-Dix, and Woods are expected to start at safety.

Clinton-Dix played four seasons for Mike McCarthy in Green Bay after the Packers made the safety a first-round choice in 2014. The Packers traded Clinton-Dix to Washington during the 2018 season.

He played in Chicago last season.

Clinton-Dix made the Pro Bowl and was a second-team All-Pro in 2016. He has 16 career interceptions, four forced fumbles, 5.5 sacks and 33 passes defensed in his career.

Comment

• Sean Payton: Fake crowd noise will be set at 70 decibels for Week One

Posted by Charean Williams on September 3, 2020, 3:32 PM EDT

Getty Images

Troy Vincent, the NFL’s executive vice president of football operations, said earlier this week the league was working with the Competition Committee to determine the final rules for artificial noise. PFT previously reported that the fake crowd noise was expected to be somewhere between 70-85 decibels.

The league apparently has decided on 70 decibels.

Saints coach Sean Payton, a member of the Competition Committee, had his team practice in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome with sound Thursday. Afterward, he revealed the allowable level.

“What we’re going to deal with, every team in the league is going to have kind of an ambient crowd noise that’s set at 70 decibels,” Payton said. “So we had it at 70 for most of the practice and then when music is played, it’ll be at 75. That really is for Week One. That obviously can be adjusted based on where this thing goes relative to fans. So we had it on 70, and we had the music at 75.”

The Superdome has gotten as loud as 122 decibels, so without fans, it will sound much quieter.

But Katherine Terrell of TheAthletic.com reports that even at 70 decibels, it still was hard to hear during Thursday’s practice in the Superdome.

At least 25 teams will play their home opener without fans, but based on Vincent’s comments this week, the NFL is expected to allow all 32 teams to pipe in fake noise whether fans are in the stands or not.
                                __________________________________________________ __________________________________

All the sound level studies I have done have regular talk between 70-78 db. It's going to sound like a huge library in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X