• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #tank4trevor

Ten NFL teams have one win or fewer

Posted by Mike Florio on October 19, 2020, 1:11 PM EDT

Getty Images

The NFL, as it should, likes to point out positive aspects of a season in progress, especially when it comes to the scoring of points and other things that make the game exciting. Here’s something the NFL won’t be issuing a press release about.

Nearly a third of the league stinks.

More specifically, 10 of 32 franchises currently have one win or fewer.

“Fewer” are the Jets, the lone remaining winless team, at 0-6. The league also has six teams with 1-5 records: Texans, Jaguars, Giants, Washington, Vikings, and Falcons. The Chargers are 1-4, and the Eagles and Bengals are 1-4-1 each.

That’s a combined record, for those 10 teams, of 9-48-2.

Already, two of those 10 teams have changed coaches. It’s hard not to wonder whether other teams will do the same, if for no reason others than to get a head start on the coming coaching carousel.

It doesn’t mean all of those teams are done. Indeed, with so many teams struggling, the odds are that one of them will find a way out of the weeds. Still, it’s glaring to have so many teams stuck in such a deep hole. For those that keeping fading, there definitely will be a concern that the players, coaches, and other personnel may become too complacent about complying with COVID-19 protocols, sparking potential outbreaks.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The NFC East is so shitty that the 2-4 Cowboys are the division leaders.

Comment

• There's not really a thread to put this in, but just wanted to say a couple things about the 2020 draft. From what I've seen so far:

- the #1 overall pick should've been ... Justin Herbert

- since he wasn't, the #3 overall pick should've been ... Justin Herbert

I don't think he has nerves

EDIT ... ps he should've been the #2 pick as well. I bet he would've been top 3 if no COVID. GREAT player
        Last edited by Forsh; October 21, 2020, 12:31 AM.
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
          There's not really a thread to put this in, but just wanted to say a couple things about the 2020 draft. From what I've seen so far:

- the #1 overall pick should've been ... Justin Herbert

- since he wasn't, the #3 overall pick should've been ... Justin Herbert

I don't think he has nerves

EDIT ... ps he should've been the #2 pick as well. I bet he would've been top 3 if no COVID. GREAT player
          Yeah, he seems to have it all. We'll have to see if he can continue to put check marks in the columns. Next up is when the NFL figures you out. Then next year the sophomore slump.

BUT, Tua is starting this weekend. Interested in seeing him.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Yeah, he seems to have it all. We'll have to see if he can continue to put check marks in the columns. Next up is when the NFL figures you out. Then next year the sophomore slump.

BUT, Tua is starting this weekend. Interested in seeing him.
            Next weekend. They have bye now

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

Next weekend. They have bye now
              Ok. I don't have a MIA player and don't care that much

Who Knows Idk GIF

Comment

• Broncos release defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on October 21, 2020, 1:41 AM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

The Denver Broncos released veteran defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan on Tuesday.

Jernigan appeared in two games for the Broncos after signing with the team in late September. He played 11 total defensive snaps for the team in two games played since joining the roster.

Jernigan spent the first three games of the season with the Jacksonville Jaguars before being released. He had one tackle and a quarterback hit for Jacksonville in 54 total defensive snaps played.

Jernigan spent the previous three seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles where he appeared in 28 games. He compiled 41 total tackles with 4.5 sacks during his tenure in Philadelphia.

Denver added Sylvester Williams back to their active roster last week and also have Darius Kilgo on the practice squad to turn to should they need more depth at defensive tackle in house.

Comment

• Lol, 10 teams have 1 win or fewer, and the Lions play 5 of them over a 7 week stretch.
                  Jax (w)
                  Falcons
                  Vikes
                  Wash
                  Hou

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                    Lol, 10 teams have 1 win or fewer, and the Lions play 5 of them over a 7 week stretch.
                    Jax (w)
                    Falcons
                    Vikes
                    Wash
                    Hou
                    Should beat Washington, at least

Comment

• Mike McCarthy on unnamed players’ criticism: It’s important to handle things as men

Posted by Charean Williams on October 20, 2020, 7:53 PM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

With a new head coach, the Cowboys entered this season with high expectations. Nothing has gone as planned.

The Cowboys are without their starting quarterback, Dak Prescott, and several other key players, including both starting tackles. Their defense is giving up points at a historic pace, and their minus-12 turnover ratio is the worst in the NFL.

The Cowboys are doing what losing teams do: Players are anonymously venting about the coaching staff. Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy responded Tuesday night.

“Well, I mean, first off, I haven’t heard any of those type of discussions,” McCarthy said on a conference call with reporters. “I think like a lot of things when you hit a part of your season, or any challenge where there is negativity out there and where it comes from and who it comes from, that’s something that I’ve never chased. I think you do have to recognize it. I just really go back to my first meeting with the football team. I’ve always stated that . . . it’s important to handle things as men. I mean, if you do have something to say publicly that is of most important, I think it’s important to say it to the individual, or particularly in a group dynamic setting, especially in the game of football, especially for the Dallas Cowboys. I mean, that’s all part of the development our program, of the system that we’ve got going here. I think that’s just part of our flight right now. We don’t like the way we played last night. We had some areas that we struggled strong in. It’s definitely not what we’re looking for.”

Jane Slater of NFL Media tweeted earlier in the day: “Cowboys players initially bought into keeping things internal. Now as they sit 2-4 the discontent is leaking out. On the coaching staff ‘totally unprepared. They don’t teach. They don’t have any sense of adjusting on the fly.’ Another ‘they just aren’t good at their jobs.’”

Slater asked McCarthy if the quotes from unnamed players were an opportunity to reiterate his open-door policy to his team.

“Thank you for the opportunity,” McCarthy said, “but I think the key word there is anonymous. I think I’ve already stated: I think it’s important for our operation of the system that we’re putting in place here. All systems are different. We’ve looked at how things were done here in the past. It’s a clear vision and understanding and demands of how things need to be moving forward. But it’s important for us to have those conversations one-on-one or as a group, and I’m fortunate that I get to talk to the team every day.”

Comment

• MIKE MCCARTHYHC, DALLAS COWBOYS

NFL Network's Jane Slater reports Cowboys players have begun forcefully criticizing the coaching staff after originally agreeing to "keep things internal."

“Totally unprepared," were the words of one player. "They don’t teach. They don’t have any sense of adjusting on the fly.” Another added “they just aren’t good at their jobs." Other than that, we hope things are going well. New coach Mike McCarthy sold an offseason narrative of coming into the 21st century and learning analytics, but none of the analytics in the world can make up for having Mike Nolan as your defensive coordinator. The Cowboys have allowed an astonishing 218 points through their first six games, which is tied for the fourth most in NFL history. Dak Prescott's season-ending ankle injury gives McCarthy an alibi, but this could turn into a one-and-done situation. It wouldn't be the first time with a retread. Of course, all of this ignores that the 2-4 Cowboys still sit atop the horrid NFC East.

SOURCE: Jane Slater on Twitter
                        Oct 20, 2020, 1:29 PM

Comment

• Guess it's very possible that Aaron Rodgers' prime was wasted with a lemon coach. I'm sure that pleases some here ...

Comment

• Not terribly. It merely proves that you can have one of the transcendent QBs of his generation, but that'll only take you so far if the rest of the organization is trash.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              Not terribly. It merely proves that you can have one of the transcendent QBs of his generation, but that'll only take you so far if the rest of the organization is trash.
                              True, although they won a SB ... but Rodgers is/was that good

Comment

• They won a Super Bowl early on, when they still actually had a reasonably balanced and complete team, and before the various avenues of bullshit from coaches, management, and other players tore it apart.

Comment

Working...
                                X