X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FB_IMG_1698197017792.jpg
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Chase Young and Montez Sweat are a couple of guys that may be available. Both are FA at the end of the year, so have to consider that and whether either are dudes you want to sign long term. Young finally looking healthy and Sweat is a solid production guy. You're probably talking a day 2 pick for either.

Comment

• I’d love Chase Young but with his production this year the price will be going up. He’s at 5 sacks and a crazy high pressure rate. We probably could have landed him for cheap in the off-season.

Id still love to land him
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
          Chase Young and Montez Sweat are a couple of guys that may be available. Both are FA at the end of the year, so have to consider that and whether either are dudes you want to sign long term. Young finally looking healthy and Sweat is a solid production guy. You're probably talking a day 2 pick for either.
          Is Montez Sweat someone that can replace Jack Campbell’s SAM/ edge snaps? It’s always nice to have Campbell receive playing time, but seems like it’s not his specialty to be put in pass rush situations off the edge. His future is ILB.

Have to imagine Montez Sweat (edge), Jonathan Allen (DT), and Kendall Fuller (CB) are realistic trade candidates if the Commanders lose.
          Plus Dan Campbell’s “maybe” comment from today about a trade… (https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2023/...olmes-grinding)

I would gladly take any of them, but lean Kendall Fuller. Time for Martin Mayhew to do us a solid.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Surtain. Make it happen Holmes
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Jonathan Jones reports that "league sources anticipate the Commanders will part with either Chase Young or Montez Sweat by Tuesday." That's especially true in the aftermath of Washington losing to the Eagles on Sunday to fall to 3-5 on the year and 0-3 within the division.

Here's what CBS Sports NFL Insider Jonathan Jones had to saw about the situation with the Broncos: "I continue to be told anyone in Denver can be had, and that would include star young cornerback Patrick Surtain II."

If Surtain were truly available, it could prove to be one of, if not the biggest deals we see at the deadline. The former No. 9 overall pick is in a down year by his standards but is still just 23 years old and oozes with legit top corner talent. With Denver possibly looking at a total rebuild, this is certainly a situation worth watching.

Who else are buyers?

Jones also notes that the Buffalo Bills are looked at as buyers (possibly for more running back depth) along with the Detroit Lions, Baltimore Ravens, Atlanta Falcons, and New Orleans Saints.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• When the team is sitting at 5-2, #2 / #3 seed in the NFC, and a very clear path to a #1 seed, I think you gotta push your chips in.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
                  When the team is sitting at 5-2, #2 / #3 seed in the NFC, and a very clear path to a #1 seed, I think you gotta push your chips in.
                  Totally agreed. I know Surtain prob won’t happen and would
                  cost 2 first rounders but I’d do it. It would move Sutton to being a 2nd CB and it would make our D awesome
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Supposedly the Atlanta Falcons have made an offer for Montez Sweat according to the NFL Rumors Twitter account.

I’ve watched that team a ton this season. Makes me think their GM might be dumbassed because they botched the QB situation (no interest in Lamar). Spending extremely high draft choices on skills players that haven’t been that great. or I guess Arthur Smith could be subpar.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Totally agreed. I know Surtain prob won’t happen and would
                      cost 2 first rounders but I’d do it. It would move Sutton to being a 2nd CB and it would make our D awesome
                      Thats pushing your chips in and adding the house. I get what you are saying, but its just so much for one position that could be lost in an instant. Not going to lie though, I'd be ecstatic if it happened.

If it were me, I'd make the splash move at DL and look for depth at CB (without giving up too much). I do think depth at CB is actually the bigger need.

Comment

Thats pushing your chips in and adding the house. I get what you are saying, but its just so much for one position that could be lost in an instant. Not going to lie though, I'd be ecstatic if it happened.

If it were me, I'd make the splash move at DL and look for depth at CB (without giving up too much). I do think depth at CB is actually the bigger need.
                        Is it really that much? He’s still on a rookie contract and he’s a pro bowler. It would take at least 1 first rounder to land a player of that caliber but it’s never for certain that you’ll get a pro bowler or Okudah.

1 is certain and the other is a crap shoot
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                          Supposedly the Atlanta Falcons have made an offer for Montez Sweat according to the NFL Rumors Twitter account.

I’ve watched that team a ton this season. Makes me think their GM might be dumbassed because they botched the QB situation (no interest in Lamar). Spending extremely high draft choices on skills players that haven’t been that great. or I guess Arthur Smith could be subpar.
                          Oh man. That defense is really good but they’re f’ing insane if they think they can win this year.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Is it really that much? He’s still on a rookie contract and he’s a pro bowler. It would take at least 1 first rounder to land a player of that caliber but it’s never for certain that you’ll get a pro bowler or Okudah.

1 is certain and the other is a crap shoot
                            I am still gun shy watching one of our biggest offseason acquisitions sit out for several games and then play two snaps and go down for another year or more. Nothing is certain.

Comment

• How much say does Sweat have in the trade partner, I wonder?

Comment

I am still gun shy watching one of our biggest offseason acquisitions sit out for several games and then play two snaps and go down for another year or more. Nothing is certain.
                                Our off season moves weren’t breaking the bank. Are you referring to Mosley or CJGJ? Mosley was coming off a major injury and was on a minimal contract. Hell all of the off season secondary players were signed for significantly lower than market value. Holmes spent minimal cap space. Only Sutton was multiple years which was 2 if I remember right.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X