Fuck these Fucking Fucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The extra $2100 a month is awesome 👌👏👏👏👏
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Going to do my taxes today and then start planning my next projects.

I need to put a fence up so that we can let the dog out by himself and I am probably going to build a storage/potting shed.

I'm also looking to buy another rental property, but I think we are priced out of the market on the island. I am looking at maybe trying to find something in Brunswick( about 10 miles away on the mainland), but my wife isn't too excited about buying there. I could find a really good deal on a fixer-upper and maybe bring in another $1000 a month in income, but it is going to be a tough sell to convince her that it is the right thing to do.

I figure that I need to do this shit now while I still can. I probably only have a few more years before I'll be too old to be able to handle the work physically.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• If you need help manoeuvring the insurance gauntlet Dana Larson Bowen can help you along
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          If you need help manoeuvring the insurance gauntlet Dana Larson Bowen can help you along
          Well that sent me down the Google rabbit hole.
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Hate when people call me Martin instead of Mark.

SO……… fk you, Chris.

Attached Files
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
              Hate when people call me Martin instead of Mark.

SO……… fk you, Chris.
              Ha! A friend's wife told me I should do some remodel work for $$. I just laughed and told her that I am so damn slow that I couldn't afford to get payed by the job and nobody could afford to pay me by the hour.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Ha! A friend's wife told me I should do some remodel work for $$. I just laughed and told her that I am so damn slow that I couldn't afford to get payed by the job and nobody could afford to pay me by the hour.
                You sound just like my brother-in-law Simon. Does ALL is own remodel work. Even runs and connects the gas. He just requires me to make the final test and pass on a certificate as he's not got the "papers" to do it. Moans his tits off when I charge him a measly 60 quid for the signature......., "Aye, but who's going to jail Simon if the house blows up ya nutsac!"
                But Simon just goes at his speed and does a top job like your rental property. Was very surprised at a garden rebuild he did at his new place in Innerleithen, in the Borders of Scotland. I was like, "No way! You got a landscape contractor in for this!"

Comment

• We finally had to get rid of my at least 40 year old dryer and the fellas installing the ne dryer couldn't hook up the gas because it had an old copper pipe feed. One of the guys said I could just go to to Home Depot to get a flexible pipe to do the job. Fuck no, I got our guy we normally use and he hooked it up. He had to do a lot of shit to get it up to code. Best 400 dollars I could have spent. My house is nearly hundred years old and was moved to the spot it is at in the 60s. Almost everything I have to get fixed was shoddy DIY shit or just old & no longer code.

Comment

• Wow, a 40 year old dryer. Who was the manufacturer of that appliance? Built to last. Great stuff.

Comment

• I think it was Whirlpool, the guy who would come to fix it would tell me to keep it as long as possible because the fixes are much cheaper.

Comment

• We had a Kenmore washer and dryer that lasted over 30 years I think. Within 6 years my parents had to replace the replacements…

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                          We had a Kenmore washer and dryer that lasted over 30 years I think. Within 6 years my parents had to replace the replacements…
                          Yep, that is the same across a range of appliances. The replacement quality is no where near as good.
                          My parents had an Ideal Mexico Slimline boiler (furnace) for easily 25years. In those years, i maybe changed 3 thermocouples at 3 quid each.
                          The boiler finally had to go due to Govt emissions laws. An operational & well looked after appliance had to be stripped out 🤦‍♂️.
                          The replacement has had two printed circuit boards replaced and a solenoid valve. POS.

Actual conversation back in 2004 after that furnace was removed.
                          Me: “Going to miss that boiler. Its been great.”
                          Ian Smith (Green energy freak on another level): That boiler was KILLING THE PLANET!!”
                          Fk off, Ian.

Comment

• Can i just say, Fox……. When i say Green Energy Freak re Ian Smith……. I meant he’d drive 30 miles in his diesel 4x4 to put a glass jar in an industrial recycle bin and not see the error in his ways. 🤦‍♂️

We need to stick together and save the fla ….. sorry, the Earth. 👌

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Yep, that is the same across a range of appliances. The replacement quality is no where near as good.
                              My parents had an Ideal Mexico Slimline boiler (furnace) for easily 25years. In those years, i maybe changed 3 thermocouples at 3 quid each.
                              The boiler finally had to go due to Govt emissions laws. An operational & well looked after appliance had to be stripped out 🤦‍♂️.
                              The replacement has had two printed circuit boards replaced and a solenoid valve. POS.

Actual conversation back in 2004 after that furnace was removed.
                              Me: “Going to miss that boiler. Its been great.”
                              Ian Smith (Green energy freak on another level): That boiler was KILLING THE PLANET!!”
                              Fk off, Ian.
                              Our furnace went out on us in the dead of winter about 5 years back. It was so old they didn't even know when it was made nor could they find parts to replace it. That thing was a piece of shit, it was not sized properly for the house.

No complaints so far with the new washer and dryer. The washer I replaced wasn't as old but it was probably 25 years old. The new one washer a drum that has to be twice the size of the old one. You get a.workout getting clothes out of it. I think you need to be at least foot 5 to get to the bottom of the drum without straining. I don't know what little old.ladies would do with this thing.

Comment

• I think the best way to get appliances that will last is to pass on all of the high dollar options. Buy the most bare bones shit that you can find.

A dryer doesn't need all of those sensors and shit. It just needs to go around in circles and circulate hot air to work. The less shit there is to go wrong, the less that shit goes wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X