No announcement yet.

Fuck these Fucking Fucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The furnace was actually oversized according to my heating guy, so it wouldn't go through the proper heating cycle.

Comment

• The washer I replaced yesterday was a plain jane Hot Point with 2 settings...Warm and cold wash and one fill level. We had it over 20 years. I fixed it a couple times over the years but was always something simple like something caught in the pump. The clutch finally went out which is a pretty easy fix except the part is no longer available.

I looked everywhere for another simple washer but they don't make them as simple as I want. They all have multiple sensors Just shit that breaks. The damn lids all lock and it is a pain to add something after it starts. It takes twice the time to do a load. The old one only had one fill level but It was easy enough just to watch the fill and manually switch to agitate for a small wash. I do a load of laundry almost everyday so I consider 20 plus years great considering we paid less than 200 dollars.

I do the majority of the laundry and hate the damn new POS. If I can hunt down the part for the old one before the scrappers get it, it's going right back in service.

PS- I have already disabled the safety locking door switch. Nobody in my house is dumb enough to stick their head in a spin cycle.
      Last edited by foxhopper; April 13, 2022, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
        The washer I replaced yesterday was a plain jane Hot Point with 2 settings...Warm and cold wash and one fill level. We had it over 20 years. I fixed it a couple times over the years but was always something simple like something caught in the pump. The clutch finally went out which is a pretty easy fix except the part is no longer available.

I looked everywhere for another simple washer but they don't make them as simple as I want. They all have multiple sensors Just shit that breaks. The damn lids all lock and it is a pain to add something after it starts. It takes twice the time to do a load. The old one only had one fill level but It was easy enough just to watch the fill and manually switch to agitate for a small wash. I do a load of laundry almost everyday so I consider 20 plus years great considering we paid less than 200 dollars.

I do the majority of the laundry and hate the damn new POS. If I can hunt down the part for the old one before the scrappers get it, it's going right back in service.

PS- I have already disabled the safety locking door switch. Nobody in my house is dumb enough to stick their head in a spin cycle.
        I was in the same boat about 6 years ago. Couldn't believe the bullshit tech on all the new washer/dryers. Then I discovered the Speed Queen brand. Expensive - but the ethos is exactly what I was looking for. Simple. Durable. And repairable when it breaks. The washer and dryer are going strong for 6 years averaging probably over a load a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          The furnace was actually oversized according to my heating guy, so it wouldn't go through the proper heating cycle.
          🤔 Thats sounds like someone is BSing you? Or was the appliance SO old that it didn’t have regulating features?
          I am assuming the fundamentals are the same in any boiler / furnace……. Regulate the “return” temperature and an oversized boiler can heat a small property providing all the thermostats are working?
          Must’ve been an “on or off” dinosaur!
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I had a refrigerator in the garage from the 1960's. It was a Frigidaire. It still rain but the seals were both bad and the unit would ice up not to mention it was an energy and money waste. I replaced it a couple years ago. I was amazed the unit still ran.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

🤔 Thats sounds like someone is BSing you? Or was the appliance SO old that it didn’t have regulating features?
              I am assuming the fundamentals are the same in any boiler / furnace……. Regulate the “return” temperature and an oversized boiler can heat a small property providing all the thermostats are working?
              Must’ve been an “on or off” dinosaur!
              This dude is a no BS type of guy.

Comment

• I don't mind the new tech on the washer and dryer, we got this pair cheaply from Costco. The only thing I know is I just use the time dry and it's fine.

When I was on the Disney account I worked with a guy who was best described as an Oklahoma version of George Costanza, but he had a way with the ladies. He bought a new washer that kept on breaking down, he got so fed up he went to a used appliance store and bought a washer that keep be easily fixed with a couple of parts. It pissed his wife off for about a week and then she liked it.

Comment

This dude is a no BS type of guy.
                  Did he explain why it wouldnt go through the heating cycle with it being oversized? Can’t work that one out. 🤔 Was it lack of sensors with it being old and the flow / return temps being too close to each other? It’d shut down before the pump had a chance to properly distribute the heat?

We installed a big 70Kw boiler in a house in Braemar, Scotland a few years back. But the guy wanted that part done before his major build which was basically turning his bungalow into a 2 storey bed and breakfast with loads of extra rooms. Very big build. More than doubled the size of his house.
                  The 70Kw boiler was massively oversized pre build project but it was all regulated and worked like a wee sweetie.

Just trying to understand the issue at yours. I mean undersized is a common problem. Boilers working their asses off with no real chance of meeting demand. As my old boss used to say; “Can only pi$$ with the cock you’ve got.”
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• He explained it, but.I wasn't taking notes. Something like the pump shutting down before properly distributing the heat.

Comment

He explained it, but.I wasn't taking notes. Something like the pump shutting down before properly distributing the heat.
                      You taking the pi$$? I believe you!

To me though, seriously……. It was either that or the pipework wasn’t clean enough. Glad its working now though 👌

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post

I was in the same boat about 6 years ago. Couldn't believe the bullshit tech on all the new washer/dryers. Then I discovered the Speed Queen brand. Expensive - but the ethos is exactly what I was looking for. Simple. Durable. And repairable when it breaks. The washer and dryer are going strong for 6 years averaging probably over a load a day.

I actually looked at used Speed queen but it sold before I could pull the trigger.

A week and a half ago a huge 8 foot diameter Red Oak came down in my front yard. Just missed the house luckily but pancaked and totaled my truck so we have been down a vehicle. Truck is an older 2004 but I really kept it up well. Been going back and forth with the insurance company because they want to give me about 3 grand less than anything close to comparable to replace it. Pissing me off...

Price of vehicles is just crazy stupid and depressing the shit out of me thinking about having to go through the car buying process. I ain't rich and the thought of over paying, or a car payment at my age sucks.

Comment

• I am using a 40 year old washing machine now. I think I'm going to start saving my pennies for a Speed Queen to replace it.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
                            A week and a half ago a huge 8 foot diameter Red Oak came down in my front yard. Just missed the house luckily but pancaked and totaled my truck so we have been down a vehicle. Truck is an older 2004 but I really kept it up well. Been going back and forth with the insurance company because they want to give me about 3 grand less than anything close to comparable to replace it. Pissing me off...

Price of vehicles is just crazy stupid and depressing the shit out of me thinking about having to go through the car buying process. I ain't rich and the thought of over paying, or a car payment at my age sucks.
                            Wow that sucks! We also had to buy a vehicle in this environment, but had an in demand trade in. So we got some of the benefit of price hikes in the trade in value. With the prices of anything decent being outrageous, we ended up buying a salvaged title vehicle. Risky - yes - but we saved thousands of dollars. So far its holding up.

Comment

• I've been a leaser most of my adult life and my latest lease is up next month. The market value of my car (super low mileage since I don't commute) is about $7-8k more than the residual value on my lease agreement. So I'm either buying this thing or they need to give me a huge credit when I turn it in.

My wife's care is even more valuable, over $12k vs the residual value. They were desperately trying to get her to turn it in and get a new lease when she took it in for service last month.

Comment

• 8 foot diameter redwood??

Jaysus feckin H Fox, dude?? Now thats a tree!

Lucky no one was killed. Jeez, that is horrific.

Think if there were any 8 foot diameter trees near me, i’d just cut them down anyway. Then worry about the tree hugging environmentalists later.

Comment

Working...
                                X