Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More progress on the shed

thumbnail_IMG_4212.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4209.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4207.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4208.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4210.jpg
    Last edited by CGVT; August 4, 2022, 10:33 PM.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I have one comment………. JACK……. Awesome work, dude! I know how difficult it is working when someone is fking about with a camera!!

Looking great. Really nice job 👌
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I know you fucking fucks have been waiting with bated breath, so here ya go...

thumbnail_IMG_4264.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4263.jpg
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Good stuff CGVT, now you need to paint the house to match the shed.

Comment

• That turned out very nice!!
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              Good stuff CGVT, now you need to paint the house to match the shed.
              I painted the shed to match the house, at least the grey siding. The house has black fascia and soffits though.

Comment

• This is a perfect example of the internet ruining conversation. I wanted to ask, ...., "Soffits? WTF are those?"......., but we live in fear of those cunts who also don't know saying, "Google it."
                So ......, (,<<-- legal) --->> googled it.

Shed looks great.

The shed roof? That chrome edging around it? Was this part of a pre-made roof that gets placed on top as part of a pack......., or is this something you've added? I googled "Chrome strip on the edge of a roof" but all sorts of dodgy shit started appearing.
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  This is a perfect example of the internet ruining conversation. I wanted to ask, ...., "Soffits? WTF are those?"......., but we live in fear of those cunts who also don't know saying, "Google it."
                  So ......, (,<<-- legal) --->> googled it.

Shed looks great.

The shed roof? That chrome edging around it? Was this part of a pre-made roof that gets placed on top as part of a pack......., or is this something you've added? I googled "Chrome strip on the edge of a roof" but all sorts of dodgy shit started appearing.
                  Those are aluminum drip edges to keep the water from running up under the shingles. They are 1.5"X1.5", They go on top of the roof board and under the tar paper and shingles on the lower eave and over the paper and under the shingles on the rake edge. There is a 4"X4" in flashing on the high side that goes on top of the shingles.

When Jack went back to school we had only gotten the rafters in place. I had to figure out a way to get the roof sheeting up on the roof by myself. That shit was heavy. I finally figured out a way to make a ramp out of 2x6 boards. I pushed the sheeting as far as I could reach and then pushed it past the tipping point with a piece of 2x4 until it fell onto the rafters. Then I went on the roof and nailed it in place. It was a struggle. It took me an entire day to do that. Once I got that done, I had to put the building paper down and shingle the roof, again it was a struggle for my old ass to get that shit up there. I had to take a few shingles at a time because a full pack of shingles was too heavy for me to carry up the ladder. (I tried and didn't have enough strength to toss them on the roof). Once I got over my fear of being on the roof, the shingles went on pretty quickly but it still took me a whole day to get it done.
                  I was so sore from climbing up and down the ladder and squatting to nail down the shingles that I could barely walk the next day.
                  It took me about half a day to build the door and half a day to cut and install the trim. I sprayed the walls grey before I installed the trim. I finished staining the trim today.
                  Now I need to build some shelves and move the shit out of my garage. We might be able to get a couple of cars in the garage next week. Imagine that?

I followed this video to do the roof

Last edited by CGVT; August 26, 2022, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• I know people who would pay $500 a month to live in it. Down there you could get $1200...lol

Comment

• Never heard of drip edges before. They almost make it look like a customised shed
                      Love it. And the black hinges / handle / lock etc on the door ——>> 👌

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        I know you fucking fucks have been waiting with bated breath, so here ya go...

thumbnail_IMG_4264.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4263.jpg
                        That's it? Two lousy pictures and none of the interior. Get on it you effing eff!
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Still waiting you douching douch.
                          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Hey you fucking fucks! I took a couple of days off from projects and drove up to Birminham to see my oldest son play his guitar. He has been playing with Sam Norris. Sam has a pretty good following in the area and Will has been playing with him for about a month.
                            Check it out.

Comment

• Fantastic stuff, Will. 🤘🤘🤘

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                                Hey you fucking fucks! I took a couple of days off from projects and drove up to Birminham to see my oldest son play his guitar. He has been playing with Sam Norris. Sam has a pretty good following in the area and Will has been playing with him for about a month.
                                Check it out.

Loved that!! You sure have talented kids!
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X