No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the struggle with any idevice is finding adequate protection that does not either a) hinder usage or b) add too much bulk.
    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• At least the iDevices relieve you of worrying about a bulky wallet.
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
        TY for the replies y'all.

OZ,

Any links to that backing?

Perhaps a combo of the backing, film on the glass AND the official mag cover is the full proof cover.
        Check it out G

http://www.caseme.com.au/cartoon-ser...342134b2635e8e

Last edited by -Oz-; August 23, 2011, 11:15 AM.
        "You got champagne taste but you only have beer money. That's not gooood!" Herm Edwards.

Comment

• I can't believe this.

FedEx tried to deliver my two new monitors today. I was at work and my drug addled neighbor/wannabe motorcycle racer/future organ donor was lounging on his front porch a little more than slightly wasted. So the idiot fucking driver gets the waste-oid to sign for them and splits! I get home and spend 2 hours banging on the dude's door before he stumbles out and tells me he was fried when the guy asked him if he wanted to sign for them! I can't believe in this day and age they would just let a neighbor accept $500 worth of merchandise!

So I call FedEx to make some who had nothing to do with this deal aware of just how pissed off I am. (I know this is a losing proposition going in) Her response? "I'm surprised the neighbor signed for it. Most people won't.) WTF!!!??? Well gee, if my neighbor were say more of a crackhead instead of just a stoner of course he's going to sign for it and be smoking the rest of the day and into tomorrow! Morons!
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Sorry Tony. I disagree. I'm glad they will leave packages with my neighbors. Saves me a trip. I have good neighbors though. I hope your bitching doesn't FUCK things up for those of us who have good neighbors. It's always the minority who has to fuck it up for the majority. Instead of bitching about a perfectly fine policy why don't you simply call and request they don't do that again. Then when you're not home they can take it back and you can drive your ass and go get it. I'd really rather have them leave it with my neighbor.

Thanks in Advance.

GO LIONS "11" !
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Classic sit on the fence situation for me,....., I agree with both Tony & DanO. Nightmare.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Dan, The guy by his own admission was baked. I would expect a little better judgement than to leave him with my stuff. I used to have good neighbors on both sides and if they had gone to the neighbor on my other side I would have no issue with this at all. I'm surprised they would take the liability for delivering goods to someone who is not the intended recipient. I did ask them if I could have a note in my delivery record not to drop stuff with that neighbor and FedEx's response was they can't promise that.

Dan, I'm sorry I am so inconsiderate in my wholly selfish attempts to see that I get the goods I ordered safe and intact that it may impact your life. I'm obviously a thoughtless moralizing ass not fit to live in the same state as you. Maybe you should try Ohio.

Comment

• DanO You jumped in my shit before during my conversation my Scotch Marko. I eventually realized I probably was in the wrong on that one. (I think Bimmer got the zing in on me that woke me up)

I'm not taking crap from you on this one. I really don't know if it's just these two times that has pissed you off or if you had an instant dislike for me after meeting for dinner that time. Whatever it is, I don't wish ill on you but I'm not going to be dumped on either. Feel free to contact me via FB or PM if you want to work this out.

Comment

• Tony you should have stuff shipped to work if you can. Much safer.

And it's a real pain when they make you sign for stuff T home. So stuff it!

(btw I'm 90% certain dano was saying that with a smile in his voice.)
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• That would be cool if we could do that but we have been told no personal shipments for our location. Our parts and warehouse people are from a different cost center and our plant actually gets billed per item handled (or at least that's the line we were fed)

Comment

• You still going to be heading to Edinburgh next month SLF?
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Indeed I am. Weekend after next to be precise.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                            Indeed I am. Weekend after next to be precise.
                            If my work permits, (and that means if the weather is shit)....., we could meet for a coffee in town. What is your itinerary?

Comment

• "FedEx tried to deliver my two new monitors today. I was at work and my drug addled neighbor/wannabe motorcycle racer/future organ donor was lounging on his front porch a little more than slightly wasted. So the idiot fucking driver gets the waste-oid to sign for them and splits! I get home and spend 2 hours banging on the dude's door before he stumbles out and tells me he was fried when the guy asked him if he wanted to sign for them! I can't believe in this day and age they would just let a neighbor accept $500 worth of merchandise!

So I call FedEx to make some who had nothing to do with this deal aware of just how pissed off I am. (I know this is a losing proposition going in) Her response? "I'm surprised the neighbor signed for it. Most people won't.) WTF!!!??? Well gee, if my neighbor were say more of a crackhead instead of just a stoner of course he's going to sign for it and be smoking the rest of the day and into tomorrow! Morons!"

-----------------------------------------------------------Tony, I don't dislike you since meeting you as you suggested. I take HUGE issue with the fact you had a problem and now want to make it everyones issue. I hate the fact that the minority dictate what the majority do because they have bigger fucking mouths, Your last post suggested you wouldn't have a problem with it had they left it with a different neighbor. Your above post, as quoted, suggests none of that. That's what I responded too.......................

GO LIONS "11" !
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                If my work permits, (and that means if the weather is shit)....., we could meet for a coffee in town. What is your itinerary?
                                I forget which days we will be there but it's early part of the week. We will be staying intown at the Balmoral. No plans for day trips out of the city, just a couple days exploring the city I think.

Btw ms.slf and I saw a program that was in Edinburgh the other day. She said "wow, I had no idea Edinburgh was so big. They have cars and everything.". She kills me with that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X