No announcement yet.

Fire Dan Campbell!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holmes has 3 top 40ish picks not playing this year due to injury. Yes, the Williams thing is a long term play, but that's still 3 valuable resources that are contributing zero and Campbell doesn't have to work with this year.

Comment

• 1. I have never believed in late season momentum. In my mind it is fool's gold
      2. I will continue to talk about the Prater mishap, because I said it at the time and until they get a kicker that they can believe in to kick 55 yard field goals it is going to handicap how a coach can call a game against other coaches. It is a handicap nearly every game.
      3. I criticized the New England gameplan, I said that sometimes you have to try and win 16-13. But make no mistake, they scored zero points. It is hard to imagine them scoring more points if they punted on more of those 4th downs.

Comment

• If we are talking about improvement throughout the year then why are we talking as if 5 games is the end line for that?

As far as the defense is concerned it's quite clear that in the short term the switch to a 4-3 front (and if were being honest mostly a 4-2-5) has been a negative. Will that be the case though by the end of the year? I don't know. Can we at least watch the damn games and find out though? This is still the youngest roster in the NFL.

Comment

• Yeah, if they improve over the year it is a different conversation.

Comment

• Good read-

To be a Lions fan (1976-Present) it is really disheartening that there really has not been any progress as an origination towards a SB win.

I believe there needs to be a change in ownership for any REAL change to happen.

Comment

• And that will never happen without league involvement.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• There would no reason whatsoever for the league to get involved. I also don't think a new owner is a panacea that people believe it to be.

In the here and now, the current ownership has to have a little less patience for losses. So if the play doesn't improve, the brooms need to come out.

Comment

• Originally posted by MXT View Post
                  Good read-

To be a Lions fan (1976-Present) it is really disheartening that there really has not been any progress as an origination towards a SB win.

I believe there needs to be a change in ownership for any REAL change to happen.
                  Agreed .....,and good that you've made "real" prominent. Not shitty 3-14 seasons to 7-10 season ---->> Play-off seasons. Championship game seasons.

Super Bowl appearance? Just one? Even if its a loss, come on, just ONE.

Pray I Hope GIF
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    There would no reason whatsoever for the league to get involved. I also don't think a new owner is a panacea that people believe it to be.

In the here and now, the current ownership has to have a little less patience for losses. So if the play doesn't improve, the brooms need to come out.
                    Better than sticking with a known cataclysmic failures. At least it would be new failure.

"Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity".
                    Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• People thought the league helping the Lions make hires was better than the alternative and it got them Bob Quinn. It can always get worse.

Comment

• The league hates the Lions.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Campbell set an NFL record in pure stupidity. History book. Fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                            Campbell set an NFL record in pure stupidity. History book. Fact.
                            Not a chance.
                            Going for and not converting that many 4th down plays pales in comparison to "taking the wind' in Sudden Death overtime.
                            How does that Family Feud poll question go?
                            "Top 1 answer is on the board - here's the question"....
                            "We asked 100 random people if they would let the other team get the ball if they won the coin toss in Sudden Death overtime"
                            Ding,ding.
                            "Fuck no!!!!!"

Comment

• Especially considering that the last 4 times were probably the right call. Failure to convert doesn't mean it was a bad decision. The other two are even reasonably arguable. Five field goals and a punt wouldn't have won the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                                Campbell set an NFL record in pure stupidity. History book. Fact.
                                And that’s before he even started any coaching ……… based purely on thigh - calf attachment socket comments.

Then he cried on TV. Nothing wrong with crying. But don’t do it on TV unless you got news that a family member died. And certainly don't do it after a Lions loss. Jaysus fkn H, there’d be no tear ducts left in Michigan.
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X