Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody said he got caught in a rip current

Comment

• Tony Bennett, eminent stylist of American musical standards and last of the great saloon singers, dies at 96, the Associated Press reports.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Damn.

Ah-diddy Dahm.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
          Tony Bennett, eminent stylist of American musical standards and last of the great saloon singers, dies at 96, the Associated Press reports.
          RIP Tony.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• May he rest easy. Seemed like a good guy who was very talented.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Of all the crooners, he seemed to be the most effortless. All too easy for him to sound brilliant. And my late grandads favourite, (thats favorite for……. Stop that shit ffs)
              RIP Tony Bennett
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• My dad met him about 15 years ago and bought one of his paintings. Said he was a heck of a nice guy.

R.I.P.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I saw a special recently, maybe it was on 60 Minutes, showing how his dementia had affected him. But he still always knew his music.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    My dad met him about 15 years ago and bought one of his paintings. Said he was a heck of a nice guy.

R.I.P.
                    That's right! I had forgotten that he also painted.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Here's some things people didn't know about Tony Bennett:

At the war's conclusion (World War 2 that is, when he was drafted at the age of 18) he was involved in the liberation of the Kaufering concentration camp, a subcamp of Dachau, near Landsberg, where some American prisoners of war from the 63rd Division had also been held. He later wrote in his autobiography that "I saw things no human being should ever have to see."

His dining with a black friend from high school—at a time when the Army was still racially segregated—led to his being demoted and reassigned to Graves Registration Service duties.

A firm believer in the Civil Rights Movement, Bennett participated in the 1965 Selma to Montgomery marches. He performed in the "Stars for Freedom" rally the night before Martin Luther King's "How Long, Not Long" speech. At the conclusion of the March, Bennett was driven to the airport by Viola Liuzzo, a mother of five from Detroit, who was murdered later that day by the Ku Klux Klan.

He also refused to perform in apartheid South Africa.

RIP, Mr. Bennett.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                      My friend Ken L

Comment

• Thanks for sharing all of that. You're right, I had no idea.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• RIP Sinead O’Connor

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• RIP Randy Meisner

Comment

• Trevor Francis
                                George Alaghi
                                Tony Bennett
                                Sinead
                                Randy Meisner..

All in 2 weeks?

Not another 2016 celeb death year

Comment

Working...
                                X