No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regardless, getting beat by superior talent is one thing, getting jobbed is another.
    "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• The Sharks had some shitty calls against them too. The "Goalie Interference" on Heatley was an example.

The difference is that the Sharks adjusted to the poorly officiated game. The Wings... well... didn't.

For once Foster is dead on. Blaming the officials is a crutch. It's an excuse.
      Last edited by chemiclord; May 3, 2010, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Blaming the officials often gets you make up calls the next game.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Sometimes thats correct, but I think Babcock's comments after game 1 backfired on him.

Comment

• Bad calls in a game are not uncommon, it's just that in the last game, the majority went against the Wings. Our work in the faceoff circle was bad, but will improve dramatically tonight when the wings have the advantage in the circle.

This is still a good hockey team. If you look back to game 7 of the Phoenix series, the wings put on what was probably the best exhibition of hockey talent all year. No team could expect to get more than one or two performances like that in a season, and none could have possibly performed better. As Phoenix said after the game, there isn't a team in the world that could have beaten the wings tonight. It shows what these guys are capable of when the chips are down.

If there are any wings fans who think this is over, I would tell them the best is yet to come.

Comment

• Agreed ......... Bill, good to see you posting again.
              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Yeah, I hate complaining about officiating (at least publicly; privately I may fume), so I officially have no comment on Game 2. The Red Wings had better bring it tonight...you just have to overcome and leave no doubt who is the better team in the face of questionable calls.

Comment

• Nice to see you too Sharkei...Regarding the conspiracy theories, I have never believed a league would jeopardize the integrity of the game by instructing officials to favor one team or another....I know the league headquarters would like to see certain matchups, but that's all. Here is one you can take to the bank....The last thing the NHL wants is an All Canadian final....(e.g. Montreal and Vancouver)...that would be a ratings disaster in the States, but in no way will I ever believe they would actually try to do something to ensure it doesn't happen.

Comment

• "Tonight's Trivia Question: What color are the San Jose Sharks' jerseys? (A) teal; (B) vertical black and white stripes; (C) all of the above"
                    ---------------------------LOL.

I agree with Foster as well.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I don't believe in the conspiracy theory.. but bad reffing can change an outcome of a game very easily, don't kid yourself on that account.

This statement is true. If that game was competently refereed, the wings could have very likely won that game.

Making this a tied up series with the wings having home ice advantage could in turn change the whole outcome of the series.

Yes a truly great team would overcome but in a year without any truly great teams, this certainly matters to the outcome of the Stanley cup. The NHL needs to take this seriously and grade those referees accordingly.

The wings players and coaches need to move on, not give this a second thought and win the next two games, but we as fans can certainly be upset by a badly reffed game.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Big problem is Wing fans are always complaining about refs. When they have actual beefs, it sounds whiny because of all of the other complaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Big problem is Wing fans are always complaining about refs. When they have actual beefs, it sounds whiny because of all of the other complaining.
                          Yeah there could be a 'cry wolf' effect happening.
                          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Hey Brooklyn, got any feeds for the game tonight?
                            AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Good to see the Wings defense is living up to its illustrious playoff standards already tonight...

Comment

• Another bad penalty.

You get the power play, and you give right back due to a lack of discipline.

Good job, Holmstrom!

Wings score... but don't count it just yet... off of Zetterberg's skate and could be ruled a kick.

Sure enough; goal taken away.

Wings score again, and it's under review again. There is no way this one should be called off... and it wasn't.
                                Last edited by chemiclord; May 4, 2010, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X