No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In honor of the Blackhawks making the finals..,.

[youtube]UZ4J0CIJC1k[/youtube]

Comment

• And for Philly..... their assistant coach Craig Berube getting hammer by Probert. Make no mistake, he and General Manager Paul Holmgren were very tough fellows.

In fact they both where police-man. (and I have another fight with Probert taking off the pads to cause major destruction to Berube up in Calgary)

[youtube]M4Kjbb9dCu4[/youtube]
      Last edited by WingsFan; May 29, 2010, 04:02 AM.

Comment

• Edit:

And by the way, I could (and still can) have put up Probert decking the second best fighter in the NHL history behind Probert, Dave Brown. (the toughest Flyer of all time).
        Last edited by WingsFan; May 29, 2010, 04:19 AM.

Comment

• And in the most non-shocking story in the NHL...

Lidstrom has signed a one-year deal to return to the Red Wings. AP should have something on it right now, if not in a few minutes.

Comment

• He could have shocked the hockey world and followed Stevie to Tampon Bay.

Comment

• I went to a Blackhawks game in Chicago a couple of years ago. Some of you may remember that I bought my now lost stepdaughter tickets to see her favorite player, Alex Ovechkin. I saw a few Blackhawk Probert jerseys. I wanted to puke. I hate it that they claim him.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• They didn't get the 87/88 probert who was a man possessed. Not much out there quite like that season.
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Lidstrom signing gives Wings some flexibility

Lidstrom will make $6.2 million next season, a cut from his salary of $7.45 million he made last season.
                  "He did take a pay decrease and with the salary cap going up a touch, we should have a little bit more flexibility," Holland said. "But mostly, it will enable us to re-sign our unrestricted and restricted free agents."
                  As has been previously documented, the Wings aren't going to be big shoppers on the free agent market.
                  "It would be like going to the mall without any money," Holland said.
                  But Holland, having crunched the numbers, believes he will be able to keep the roster mostly intact from a year ago. That would entail re-signing unrestricted free agents Tomas Holmstrom and Todd Bertuzzi, as well as restricted free agents Justin Abdelkader, Darren Helm, Drew Miller and Patrick Eaves.

Comment

• And the get Hudler back. I'll take it.
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I guess I don't understand the love for Probert. I was a fan during the mid to late 80's but after what he did to help sink the team, he really ticked me off. The guy was an alcoholic and a drug addict. I'm glad he's straightened out his life but he really screwed the Wings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                        I guess I don't understand the love for Probert. I was a fan during the mid to late 80's but after what he did to help sink the team, he really ticked me off. The guy was an alcoholic and a drug addict. I'm glad he's straightened out his life but he really screwed the Wings.

He never made it back to that level he achieved in 87 too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                          I guess I don't understand the love for Probert. I was a fan during the mid to late 80's but after what he did to help sink the team, he really ticked me off. The guy was an alcoholic and a drug addict. I'm glad he's straightened out his life but he really screwed the Wings.
                          I dont think he really screwed the Wings. I never really relied on him to do anything other then pound guys that would go near Stevie Y.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm REALLY glad the Wings got Nick for another year but I was hoping he'd have taken something along the lines of 5 mil so we could have a little more flexibility in FA.

Hopefully Hudler comes back without missing a step because we need it BADLY. Leino shouldve been that young infusion of talent this team needed but he never showed enough while here. F Philly!!
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Holmstrom signs for 2 years, at a very reasonable salary. $3.75Mill total.

(Well, I wish my salary was so reasonable)

Comment

• Tom, when I look at your Lana picture, one thing comes to mind... "Homewrecker!".. you watch smallville or jus think she is hot?
                                I don't even know if I am ready to talk about it.....

Comment

Working...
                                X