Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
    I though so too at first. It was deflected on second look, really nothing he could do. Even the Red Wings announcers Ken Daniels and The Mick sounded like they knew San Jose would win somehow in OT before the goal. Same ol story.
    Ya know what?

I'm sick of the fucking excuses. Bullshit there was nothing he could do. How about HE STOP THE FUCKING PUCK! THERE! THAT'S SOMETHING HE CAN DO!

At least... in theory. I haven't seen him do it that much when the Wings need it.

If you are going to win the Stanley Cup, your goaltender HAS to make those sort of saves every so often.

Howard never does.
    Last edited by chemiclord; May 4, 2011, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• He's made some great saves. I would say this team's problem is the penalty killing and the overall defensive effort.

Comment

• I'd imagine the WIngs will have quite a few changes this off season.....

Comment

• My guess is they'll tinker like they usually do but won't make a lot of changes.

Comment

• Considering I do believe this is Lidstrom's last season.

They better do more than tinker.

Comment

• Whats frustrating is San Jose has the Wings number. I didn't come away thinking the Sharks were the better team tonight that for sure. I wish I did, I don't blame Howard, and haven't seen anyone but CL blame him. But I certainly didn't have any faith in him to win tonight, he's ALWAYS a goal short of beating SJ. 0-7 now vs the Sharks the last 2 playoff years all be one goal, with 3 OTs? Unbelievable! Ken Holland has some work to do, and glad im not him. Fuck it! Let Vancouver beat the fuck out of the Sharks for all I care.
              Last edited by WingsFan; May 4, 2011, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• What? Is Howard the only goaltender in the NHL who has to deal with screens and deflections?

My point stands; to win the Stanley Cup, your goaltender is going to have to make those saves every once in a while. Howard never does. Instead, he's flailing helplessly or whiffing as game tying and game winning goals fly right by him unimpeded.

That's not good enough.

So yes... I blame him. Just like I blame the penalty killing units that have been absolutely shit awful all season. Just like I blame Rafalski and Bertuzzi for boneheaded penalties that have directly led to goals.
                Last edited by chemiclord; May 4, 2011, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• The SharTs just seem to have our number.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    What?
                    Howard never does. Instead, he's flailing helplessly or whiffing as game tying and game winning goals fly right by him unimpeded.
                    Man I dont know about all that. Howard has played really well this series only to be let down by the O and a shit PK.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yeah, you can't hang the first two losses on him. Not with 1 Wing goal apiece.
                      I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Judging by his comments during the season it sounds like Lidstrom is definitely coming back, but maybe he doesn't.

They need to figure out how to kill a penalty. PK has been a problem for 3 years straight. This year team's are 10 of 33 on the power play against them.

Comment

• Put a fork in em. Glad I didn't stay up to watch that shit.

GO LIONS "11" !
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Its like deja vu all over again.
                            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• The Sharks have their number the last two years.

Comment

• Michael Rosenberg:

Better team doesn't always prevail;

This should not have happened. Don't take it from me. Listen to Sharks coach Todd McLellan: "We didn't have enough players. We got away with one. We have to play better." He also said San Jose was "opportunistic when we finally did get a chance" in overtime, and as fans know, "opportunistic" is hockey-ese for "lucky."

Comment

Working...
                                X