No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good season, disappointing end. I thought though even if they won, the joy would be short lived. Too many injuries piled up. I doubt they would have had much left for Vancouver.

I like their blue line players, I hope they keep most of them. They really need at least one really good defensive forward. The main reason their PK has been bad the last few years is that they've failed to find adaquate replacements for Maltby and Draper. Its why Draper has yet to be put out to pasture, even at this age they have more confidence in him than some of the younger guys.

They must convince Lidstrom to come back, #1 priority. I thought Kronwall had a really good playoffs. I think they'll lose Erricson, but that would be a loss. He's starting to come on.

The one good thing about the Wings is they develop a lot of players and they also have a good knack for finding players who've washed out elsewhere. Eaves and Clearly being the latest examples, Draper and Maltby were some of the firsts. They need to find someone like that.

Comment

• Im going with Vancouver also (now), I love Stevie and he's my favorite player of all time, but just can't cheer for a (Bettman) Florida team. Plus it will X out Montreal name as the last Canadian team to win the Cup. :-)

Comment

• Disappointed they lost but they sure made it an exciting series. You know it wasn't meant to be when one of your best players makes a mistake and gives the puck away giving up the winning goal.

GO LIONS "11" !
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
          I have to work tomorrow or I would be shitfaced right now, numbing with food was my only choice.
          Heh, heh. I hate when I do both......
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Derek Boogaard found dead.

Comment

• crazy
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Don't let the door hit you in the ass...
                Brad McCrimmon will not be returning for a fourth season as an assistant coach with the Detroit Red Wings.

The club said McCrimmon has decided to pursue other career opportunities.
                "I'd like to thank Brad for his dedication and tremendous work in serving as an assistant coach for the Red Wings,'' Detroit general manager Ken Holland said in a statement. "We wish Brad and his family all the best in their future endeavors.''
                McCrimmon spent three seasons in Detroit under coach Mike Babcock, working mainly with the defensemen. Prior to joining the Red Wings' staff, he spent four seasons as an assistant coach with the Atlanta Thrashers. He also has served as an assistant coach with the Calgary Flames (2000-2003) and New York Islanders (1997-98).

McCrimmon played 18 seasons as a defenseman in the NHL, with stints in Boston, Philadelphia, Calgary, Detroit, Hartford and Phoenix. He played in 1,222 games, registering 403 points (81 goals, 322 assists) and plus-444 rating.
                The contract of Detroit's other assistant coach, Paul MacLean, also has expired, but he might be re-signed.
                I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Sounds like a good scapegoat to me.. He's the reason we didnt win the Cup!
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    Sounds like a good scapegoat to me.. He's the reason we didnt win the Cup!
                    No way. It's always either the officials or Bettman.

Comment

• So he's the assistant scapegoat.
                      I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• "Sounds like a good scapegoat to me.. He's the reason we didnt win the Cup!"
                        --------------------Ya, I'm with you jaadam.

GO LIONS "11" !
                        Last edited by DanO; May 20, 2011, 10:56 AM.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• lol
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                            Sounds like a good scapegoat to me.. He's the reason we didnt win the Cup!
                            I dunno. I thought it was pretty obvious that the lucky octopuses that didn't hit the ice might have caused the problem.......
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Rafalski announcing his retirement (according to VS).

Comment

• Here's what detnews.com is saying:

Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.

The freep was reporting that Ken Hollad is saying he hasn't heard anything about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X