No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope to be a sore winner many more times. I know it won't be in football.

Comment

• Ya know... I've been listening to Don Cherry's comments again.

Does he have an anti-European bias? Yeah... he even admits it. But I'll give him this; he does manage to give credit where credit is due, albeit reluctantly. The Wings don't play the game he coached for years... they aren't the style he likes to see... but he acknowledges that it wins, they win, that the Wings do have talented players, and that the team is in good shape for the future.

He reminds me of the stereotypical grizzled old man that's seeing the world changing all around him, can't catch up, kinda wistful about the old days, doesn't like the "new fangled" stuff the youngins are doin', but understanding that it's the way the world works, and that in the end, it'll turn out all right.

Comment

• My thoughts on this playoff run now that its over:

I went to Game 4 at Nashville, the turning point in the playoffs. The game where Babcock finally pulled Hasek and put in Ozzie. After that, Ozzie ran off a 9 game winning streak for us.

I was happiest for Dallas Drake to win this thing, he's been through so much, I remember his first stint with the Wings way back in the day, this meant so much to him, and you could tell the other guys wanted to win it for him as well, especially since Nick handed him the Cup.

Great to see that D-Mac will get his name on the Cup again as well, I'm glad to see he's gotten his life back together. Always one of my favorite players.

I think Chelios is gone also, I don't see him as a top 6 defenseman. I hope Lilja is as well. I'm glad they picked up Stuart. Holland seems to have a knack for making the move near the deadline that doesn't look big at first, but ends up being huge.

I'm looking forward to next year. Here's a little something to remember this team by:

Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
          You're welcome.

At least I can say one person has class in this thread on this subject.

Mainevent is not only a sore loser, he's a sore winner to boot.

DA

WOOOO WOOOOO WOOOO THERE BUDDY!!!

What about me? I appreciate you too!! I wanna have class!!
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Thats an awesome pic Frank but my question is...... where the F is Hank and Dats? lol.. its like trying to find where's waldo.. they dont even have them in front.. lol
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If all our players somehow died in a freak accident and the pens had won because only lilja survived and Crosby won it.. They'd have had him sitting in the Cup rubbing him down with lotion (put the lotion on the skin) while feeding him grapes while fanning him..
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• that is all.. good night
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  If all our players somehow died in a freak accident and the pens had won because only lilja survived and Crosby won it.. They'd have had him sitting in the Cup rubbing him down with lotion (put the lotion on the skin) while feeding him grapes while fanning him..

must be the Mac and Cheese talking.......
                  The only logical explanation is:
                  I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    Thats an awesome pic Frank but my question is...... where the F is Hank and Dats? lol.. its like trying to find where's waldo.. they dont even have them in front.. lol
                    They're the ones with the beards.
                    I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• In his interview after the game, Ozzie said he wanted to win the Cup for Dallas Drake.
                      Is Drake going to retire?

Comment

• Probably, but I think he said it was because Drake used to go after anyone who ran him when they played together in St. Louis. Geez, I remember when they won the first Stanley Cup with Vernon in goal. Osgood was a baby faced kid. He was smoking a cigar and referring to Ray Lane as Razor. Is Ray still alive?
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• NHL needs to consider moving the start of the season up by a month. Its a shame that the biggest games of the season have to be played on slushy ice.

Comment

• If you move it up a month, you eliminate the chance for Network TV coverage of the Finals. So it would be all Versus all the time for the Finals.

Comment

• He was smoking a cigar and referring to Ray Lane as Razor. Is Ray still alive?
                              LOL You have a good memory there Rocky, I have that game on an old VHS. The last time I seen Ray Lane was at Pistons game. He was part of some half-time show speaking to the fans, he was doing everything possible to keep his false teeth from falling out of his mouth while he yelling out to the fans about some promotion while a few boos were coming down. I remember some people behind me asking - who the hell is this old guy with the mic?
                              Last edited by L-kxng; June 5, 2008, 03:43 PM.
                              I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

• Thanks for the congrats Rommy and Gonz. I was nervous until the horn sounded and that last attempt that slid through the crease scared the shit out of me.

Thanks also to Rocky who pointed out I said the Wings would be hoisting the Cup ,which he didn't believe, when I said it.

I thought it was great that Lids handed the Cup to Drake first. He deserved it. Still a little disappointed this wasn't a home celebration last game but I'll find a way to live with it.

The Wings are loaded with talent and will be contenders for some time yet but winning a Cup has much more involved than just the best talent, Health. desire, drive, dedication, and goaltending will tell the tale if the Wings are to win 2 in a row.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X