Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I didn't know Hulk Hogan liked hockey.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I thought is was Dog the Bounty Hunter at first :-). Marko what do you think about Brendan Shanahan now? Calling this a clean hit to the shoulder - from last night - no suspension?

Comment

• No way that is a clean hit.

He has put away his interpretations because it is the Finals.

That sucks.

Comment

• Looks like a clean hit to me. He hits first in the shoulder and as he is trying to push him as part of the hit his arms travel up to the head a bit, but the contact their doesn't look that bad.
            AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Nope he is leading with his forearm and makes contact with the head.

If his elbow was tucked and he made contact with his shoulder, it would be clean.

That is not what is happening.

He is leading with his forearm and contact to the head.

Comment

• the left forearm makes contact. the right looks clean
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• The only way that is a clean hit is if the blade of his stick is pointing down toward the ice. Then it is assumed the player is in a defensive posture not offensive.

Leading with the forearm is no different than leading with an elbow with the exception there is a rule in the books that prohibits leading with an elbow. Often that is called elbowing whether it is the forearm or elbow that is leading.

There is no doubt he was trying to separate his head from his shoulders.

Comment

• Game 6 tonight!

1997 Red Wings voted Detroit's best champion just beating The 1997 Michigan football team. That's a tough call, I think people got it right. Definitely my best 1-2

Comment

• LOL. Who votes for this shit?

None of those are even close.

68 Tigers by a mile. It was a championship that united a city(and state) after the riots and unrest of the previous summer.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Can't disagree but, your an old fart CGVT - that was a long time ago. Not many around who remember that, I was a baby. To your question, its younger voters, 1997 seems so long ago to me. I even liked Lloyd then, I guess we all did (with that team).

Comment

• This is probably the most painful sports season I will ever see....
                          1. Giants beat Detroit Tigers in World Series.
                          2. Louisville beat Michigan in NCAA Tourney championship game.
                          3. Miami Heat won NBA Finals, I hate LeBron and Heat fans.
                          4. Chicago Blackhawks won Stanley Cup, I'm surrounded by dumbass bandwagon Blackhawks fans.
                          5. Michigan football doesn't live up to preseason expectations, lose in Capital One Bowl (or whatever) vs SC
                          6. Detroit Lions don't live up to preseason expectations and have the most ridiculous typical losses.
                          7. Pistons are irrelevant
                          8. My Purdue Boilermakers SUCK at bball and football.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yep, good list Cody

#3 and #5 are OK by me, I like LeBron glad he didn't get killed in that parade mishap today (not funny)

Michigan had a very tough schedule

The nightmare is over - The Red Wing Choke sticking in my craw - Lot of people calling Boston choked tonight, I guess they did - only makes the Wings choke more painful for me, I needed Boston to take out those bastards.

Im taking a long break ... peace out.

Comment

• Detroit Red Wings' Ken Holland to explore roster moves, trade options in New York

June 25, 2013 |
                              9 Comments

• A
                              • A

Purchase Image

General Manager Ken Holland. / Julian H. Gonzalez/DFP

By Helene St. James

Detroit Free Press Sports Writer

• Filed Under

Related Links

General manager Ken Holland is off to New York in a few days, where he’ll try to clear out the Red Wings’ roster by a couple of players.
                              The Wings are extending qualifying offers this week to their restricted free agents: forwards Gustav Nyquist and Joakim Andersson, and defensemen Brendan Smith and Jakub Kindl. Adding Nyquist and Andersson to the roster would put the Wings at 14 forwards under contract for next season, and while that’s how many the Wings plan on carrying, they’re not necessarily planning on carrying those 14.
                              “I’m going to explore a trade or two,” Holland said Monday. “Maybe a two-for-one deal, maybe a three-for-one, or three-for-two.”
                              Holland has had talks with the camps for all three of the unrestricted free-agent forwards — Valtteri Filppula, Daniel Cleary and Damien Brunner — but they’re all part of the puzzle that’ll fall into place over the coming week, vis-a-vis who fits where. It’s almost certain the Wings will end up trading Filppula’s rights, then set out to find a replacement second-line center.
                              If a trade can’t be worked out to clear roster room, — one of those who’ll be in play is defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo, who became extraneous with the addition of Danny DeKeyser — then buyouts will be considered next week. It’s a bit murky, but it may be possible to buy out forward Mikael Samuelsson, though he could possibly make a case that he isn’t healthy.
                              Part of what complicates matters is that the Wings do not know whether they’ll have Darren Helm next season; he’s been bothered since January by a sore back. Todd Bertuzzi is everything that would be useful moving to the Eastern Conference — big and strong with skilled hands, excellent in shoot-outs — but he’s 38 and was injured most of last season. Will he be able to contribute next season? On his part, Bertuzzi certainly doesn’t lack for motivation to come back and be a factor.
                              The next 10 days figure to be action packed around the NHL. Holland has been in touch with numerous colleagues, part of the process of retouching the roster.
                              Contact Helene St. James: 313-222-2295 or hstjames@freepress.com. Follow her on Twitter @helenestjames.
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Detroit Red Wings to hold equipment, memorabilia sale

Game-worn jerseys from 2012-13 season to be available for purchase

Author: Troy A. Blevins, Online Editor, Producer
                                Published On: Jun 22 2013 12:00:00 AM EDT Updated On: Jun 22 2013 12:24:23 AM EDT

DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings will hold a special equipment and memorabilia sale Saturday at Hockeytown Authentics in Troy.
                                The team says for the first time, Red Wings fans will have the opportunity to purchase game-worn jerseys from the team's recently completed 2012-13 campaign, featuring Henrik Zetterberg's sweaters from his first season as the 36th captain in franchise history.
                                In addition, various game-worn jerseys from previous seasons will be discounted and available for purchase, the team said.
                                Quick Clicks

The sale also includes both used and unused hockey equipment such as team practice jerseys, sticks, skates, gloves and locker room Reebok hoodies with each individual player's number.
                                Autographed items, including pucks, photos, skates and sticks, will also be available for fans to add to their collections, according to the team. Quantities are limited for all of these one-of-a-kind sale items.
                                Red Wings season ticket holders will have one hour of exclusive access to this special equipment and memorabilia sale on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
                                The team said the sale will then open to the general public from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
                                Hockeytown Authentics is located at 1845 E. Big Beaver Road in Troy.
                                Those fans who cannot attend Saturday's sale can still make a purchase by calling Hockeytown Authentics at 248-680-0965. Phone orders will be taken beginning at 1 p.m.

Comment

Working...
                                X