No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They have to start funding that new stadium...

Comment

• They have been selling game worn equipment for years now. They have a retail outlet in Troy just for that purpose.

Little Caesars is doing very well and is only behind Pizza Hut and Dominos in national pizza sales.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I saw that Vincent LeCavalier as bought out. What does he have left?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
          I saw that Vincent LeCavalier as bought out. What does he have left?
          Holland needs to camp outside his house. The names getting thrown around in FA is hilarious. Stephen Weiss is talking about getting big money. Weiss? Are you f'ing kidding me? Who the hell is Stephen Weiss?

If we can get LeCavalier it would give this team a shot in the arm BIG TIME. He and Franzen would give this team A. A badass second wave of players.. B. A huge second line that would be tough to match against.

Its a no brainer if we can get him
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Watching the Red Wings' in the playoffs this year stoked me enough to watch the SCFinals. What an ending! LOL. That's pretty late in a game to go from forcing a game 7 in Chicago to being DONE! Holy Shit. Pretty shitty sports week for Boston with Aaron Hernandez thrown in.
            ------------
            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Couldn't have happened to a better town.

F BOSTON WEAK!

I think I know why the East Coast keeps getting attacked. A bunch of a-holes over there getting hit back at.

My daughter and wife went up to Rhode Island via Logan airport a few weeks back and my 9 y.o. daughter happened to be wearing an Angels shirt and my wife said shit heads left and right just had to say something snarky to the little girl about her Angels gear.

Boston rules! No....the greater N.E. area types suck shmegma laced nuts! Nearly the whole lot of em.
              Last edited by Panoptes; June 28, 2013, 11:18 PM.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

Boston rules! No....the greater N.E. area types suck shmegma laced nuts! Nearly the whole lot of em.
                DAMMNNNNNNN
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Wings first rounder

2013 NHL Draft Prospect Rankings ​​​​​
                  ‹PREVNEXT›BACK TO PROSPECTS›Anthony Mantha North American Skater - Val d'Or, QMJHL
                  FINAL RANK: 10 MIDTERM RANK: 10
                  POSITION: Right Wing SHOOTS: Left
                  HEIGHT: 6' 4" WEIGHT: 190
                  BORN: September 16, 1994
                  BORN IN: Longueuil, QC, CAN
                  DRAFTED: 2013: DET (1st Round / 20th Overall)
                  SCOUTING REPORT
                  • In 2012-13, Mantha led the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League and tied for second in the Canadian Hockey League with 50 goals in 67 games (50-39--89). He recorded five hat tricks, posted one four-goal performance and was named to the QMJHL Second All-Star Team.

• He led the Foreurs in scoring with 12 points (5-7--12) in nine games during the 2013 playoffs -- Val-d’Or lost to Blainsville-Boisbrand in the second round.

• Mantha helped Team Canada capture a bronze medal at the 2012 Under-18 World Championship, scoring one goal in seven games.

• His grandfather is four-time Stanley Cup champion Andre Pronovost -- he played 556 games for Montreal, Boston, Detroit and Minnesota between the 1956-57 and 1967-68 seasons.

NEWS

VAL-D’OR’S MANTHA HAS BRAIN AND BRAWN FOR HOCKEY (click here)

FAVORITES

NHL team: Montreal Canadiens
                  NHL player: Sidney Crosby
                  Goal celebration: “Knee down, hand glide on the ice”
                  Video game: Call of Duty, NHL
                  Movie: Fast and Furious
                  TV show: Vampire Diaries
                  STATISTICS
                  Forever One!

Comment

• Could shape up to be the Power Forward the Wings need for the future.

Comment

• The NFL is doing something right. 3 years worth of draft threads and thousands of posts with months of discussions.

Total NHL posts for the draft held yesterday. 2.
                      Forever One!

Comment

• What the F!!! Of all the years for Nill to jump ship!

The Red Wings were hoping that forward Valery Nichushkin would fall to them at 18, but he was selected at No. 10 by the Dallas Stars and their new general manager Jim Nill, the former Detroit assistant GM.
                        Some in the Red Wings organization believe Nichushkin is the best Russian in the draft since Alexander Ovechkin in 2004.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                          The NFL is doing something right. 3 years worth of draft threads and thousands of posts with months of discussions.

Total NHL posts for the draft held yesterday. 2.
                          No shit! You'd think this was a Detroit Lions forum or somethin'!

Comment

• Seriously... This is getting bad

incent Lecavalier will not be joining the Detroit Red Wings, neither will David Clarkson nor Nathan Horton. Stephen Weiss, on the other hand, could be wearing a Wings sweater next season. And defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo will be bought out by the team.

As NHL free agency heats up Wednesday — any unrestricted free agent can talk to any team, although not sign until Friday — the Wings’ focus is shifting more to keeping two of their own guys than bringing in someone new.

Lecavalier, 34, wanted a five-year deal, and got it from the Philadelphia Flyers, at a rate of $4.5 million per season. Clarkson, of New Jersey, is pushing for seven years at a $6 million average; this for a guy who has one 30-goal season to his credit. Boston’s Nathan Horton wants to play in a warm climate. That makes Florida’s Weiss the likeliest new face on the team; he’s a four-time 20-goal scorer who should help the team’s offense.

Boston’s Nathan Horton, meanwhile, wants to play in a warm climate. That makes Weiss the likeliest new face on the team; he’s a four-time 20-goal scorer who should help the team’s offense.

The Wings are looking to add to their top-six forward group, because Valtteri Filppula will be lost via free agency to some team who will give him more than the $4 million a season the Wings consider him worth.

General manager Ken Holland is continuing talks with his other two unrestricted free-agent forwards, Daniel Cleary and Damien Brunner, and the negotiations are close enough deals could happen. Cleary should come in around three years and $9 million, while Brunner is seeking in the $2.5 million range.

The Wings already have 12 forwards under contract for next season, a number that will grow by two when restricted free agents Joakim Andersson and Gustav Nyquist get new contracts. Depending on what happens with Cleary and Brunner, the Wings may not buy out any forwards. Mikael Samuelsson, 36, and Todd Bertuzzi, 38, both were injured much of last season, but each has just one season left on his contract.

A player like Cory Emmerton is so cheap — $533,333 — that he’s not worth buying out, and he’s also good insurance given the uncertainty surrounding Darren Helm, who missed all of last season because of a sore back. If Helm can’t play, Emmerton would be the fourth line center, with Andersson in the No. 3 spot.

Part of what influences the Wings as they prepare for this coming season is knowing they’ll have three young players pushing for spots in 2014-15, when Tomas Jurco, Riley Sheahan and Landon Ferraro are all expected to be ready for the NHL.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Stephen Weiss!!! Who the F is that!!
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I'll tell you who he is.. He's 30 years old and hasn't had a 30 goal season in his entire career. What the hell is happening to FA? There's just no one out there for Detroit besides scraps.

Every year for the last several years we've had a ton of money and no one wants to come to HockeyTown
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X